Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Resources » Will Review For Food

A Futuristic Mailbox

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:42 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Hello, YWSers! Decided to set this thread up to motivate my lazy self to review more poems, etc.

Things I can review (in order of confidence):
1. Poems/ Lyrics (can't comment on the quality of a musical score, though!)
2. Short stories
3. Articles
4. Book Chapters
5. Scripts

Timeframe

I should be able to get to your work within 4-5 days normally. If I'm really busy that week, then it may take longer.

Reviews and Requesting

-If there's anything specific you would like me to comment on, feel free to mention it in your request. Otherwise, I generally go over themes, imagery, word choices and structure for poetry and themes (if any are significant), imagery, plot, characterisation and structure for stories. For articles, I could comment on the general style, as well as offer suggestions on persuasion and arguments.

Sample Reviews
1. Poems/ Lyrics (can't comment on the quality of a musical score, though!)
2. Short stories
3. Articles
4. Book Chapters
5. Scripts

Happily awaiting your requests
Lim
Last edited by Liminality on Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

200 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:10 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Well bumping this thread just to say that I'm happy to review all kinds of works. Forgot to list it, but I'll include visual art as well (I'm no expert, but I'll try my best!). Preferably give a work that's still in the Green Room - I'd love to contribute to the site-wide effort to conquer the Green Room this year :D

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:24 am
View Likes
QuoolQuo says...

Hiya, I was wondering if you'd be able to review two short stories of mine?
I've been thinking of submitting them to a magazine so all honest criticisms would be welcome :)

Song of a Muse

Dionysus

200 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:29 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

QuoolQuo wrote:Hiya, I was wondering if you'd be able to review two short stories of mine?
I've been thinking of submitting them to a magazine so all honest criticisms would be welcome :)

Song of a Muse

Dionysus

Of course! :)

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:37 pm
View Likes
raindrops says...

Hi! I wrote a fantasy fiction short story, and I would like to have a review if it's got potential in terms of world building. Also, if possible, may you please give insights on how I wrote the exchange of words in my characters conversation? I was least confident when I write those parts, I think that the dialogue themselves are okay, but the in between sentences I put are still a bit forced on my part. I hope you'll have time for my request. Thanks!

200 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:42 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

raindrops wrote:Hi! I wrote a fantasy fiction short story, and I would like to have a review if it's got potential in terms of world building. Also, if possible, may you please give insights on how I wrote the exchange of words in my characters conversation? I was least confident when I write those parts, I think that the dialogue themselves are okay, but the in between sentences I put are still a bit forced on my part. I hope you'll have time for my request. Thanks!

Sure, @raindrops! Is it the one called 'The Kingdom of Ingrid'? I'll be sure to get to it by the end of the week. :D

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:46 pm
View Likes
raindrops says...

Yes, haha. Sorry I forgot to put the link. Thank you in advance for the review. I'll be waiting uwu.

474 Reviews

Reviews: 474
Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:59 am
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

Hello. Can you pls review Diary of a leader of surreptitious past(D.O.A.L.O.S.P) Part 1 ? I would be thankful if you do
She/ her

I love sarcasm to its fullest and I am a genius(You know what I mean :wink: )

200 Reviews

Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:02 am
Liminality says...

ForeverYoung299 wrote:Hello. Can you pls review Diary of a leader of surreptitious past(D.O.A.L.O.S.P) Part 1 ? I would be thankful if you do

Sure! I'll try to get it done maybe next week? I'm a bit busy with coursework at the moment, but I should be able to review that by next Saturday latest. :D

474 Reviews

Reviews: 474
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:03 am
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

@Liminality thank you so much
She/ her

I love sarcasm to its fullest and I am a genius(You know what I mean :wink: )

385 Reviews

Reviews: 385
Thu May 20, 2021 5:09 pm
View Likes
Seirre says...

Hiya Lim! I would love a review from you on Finders, keepers; losers, weepers. <3
u make me go wat cuz u so wat n u can always go what around u watcha

--SpiritedWolfe

< she/they >

200 Reviews

Thu May 20, 2021 11:15 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

whatchamacallit wrote:Hiya Lim! I would love a review from you on Finders, keepers; losers, weepers. <3

Of course! I should be able to get that done by the middle of next week. :D

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:10 pm
View Likes
IamI says...

Hi! I saw your post and I thought I'd put in a request. I was wondering if you could review my new set of fairy tales, Fairy Tales: 7-9
-_-

200 Reviews

Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:37 pm
Liminality says...

@IamI Of course! I'll review those sometime this week. :D

"I'd be a quote vigilante. A literary Batman. Someone had better be quoting me now!"
— Feltrix