User avatar

dbrick

  • Poetry » Realistic, Teen Fiction Re: What am I? (riddle)

    Hey, this is an excellent riddle (I just wish you hadn't included the answer at the end :p). Your straightforward rhyming pattern worked well and caused the poem to flow ...

    Nov 20, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Action / Adventure Re: Xia - Prologue

    Wow, this was really good! It definitely got my attention right away and made me want to continue reading. I especially like that at the beginning you explained the situation, ...

    Nov 20, 2013
  • Poetry » Fantasy, Other Re: Child's play

    Hey, dbrick here for a review. This poem was very pleasant to read, it had a calming "mood" to it and reminded me to savor the sweet things in life. ...

    Nov 19, 2013
  • Poetry » General, Spiritual Re: Stand Strong

    This was an incredible poem! Such great word usage and the rhyming flowed well. I especially love the contrast near the end of the poem "But with You, I get ...

    Nov 19, 2013
  • Poetry » Spiritual, General Re: God's Wonder

    Hey, another good poem! It communicated how you felt about music well and you used good imagery. The verses were a little random (in terms of structure and where the ...

    Nov 19, 2013
  • Poetry » Realistic, General Re: Music Man

    I loved this poem! It was nice and simple, no fancy words or phrases; just how you felt about your music teacher. And that is what makes poetry great, when ...

    Nov 19, 2013
  • Poetry » General, General Re: The Shadows of Nightmares

    Hey, dbrick here for a quick review. I knew this was an excellent poem before I even started really analyzing it. Your simple rhyming scheme, descriptions, and word use are ...

    Nov 15, 2013
  • Poetry » Realistic, General Re: Please Just Open the Door All the Way

    Hey, dbrick here for a review! I had to read this poem several times through and really think about it (this is not a bad thing). The first two lines ...

    Nov 15, 2013
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Broken Noise

    I like this poem. Your lines where very heartfelt and communicated a lot. However I was rather unsure of the story or idea that you were trying to get across, ...

    Nov 15, 2013
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Big White Room

    This was an interesting read. I nearly forgot that I was reading poetry I got so engrossed in the story. The thought that comes to mind when reading this poem ...

    Nov 15, 2013
  • Poetry » Fantasy, Other Re: Crepuscular

    Hey, dbrick here for a review! The appeal of this poem was really in the structure, your use of words, and your eloquent conclusion to your poem. Like others have ...

    Nov 14, 2013
  • Poetry » Romantic, General Re: deleted

    This was a really great poem. It was sincere and really shows the type of unconditional love that we should all strive for in our relationships. In fact, that is ...

    Nov 14, 2013
  • Poetry » Lyrical, Other Re: Standing Still

    I liked reading this poem. Even though there wasn't a whole lot of rhyming the words still blended well together. As Omi1 said, the beginning doesn't really make that much ...

    Nov 14, 2013
  • Poetry » Realistic, General Re: white lilies shouldn't be so cruel

    This was a good poem. It delved deeper into a seemingly mundane task and revealed the past sorrows of the neighbor. The wording and your writing was eloquent and went ...

    Nov 13, 2013
  • Other » General, General Re: Think.

    This was an interesting short story/conversation (I am not sure what to specify it as). It really got me thinking (I guess that is the point, huh?) about curiosity and ...

    Nov 13, 2013


The reason a boat sinks isn't the water around it. It sinks when water gets into it. Don't let what's happening around you weigh you down.
— dalisay