User avatar

Archer

  • Poetry » Dramatic, Fanfiction Re: The Necklace.

    So I'm kind of torn about this piece. The poem itself is alright, I think. It flows fairly well, and as a view inside the mind of a psychopath, it ...

    Nov 26, 2013
  • Article / Essay » Spiritual, Science Re: The Existence of God

    Interesting essay! However, I've always considered science and religion to complement one another quite nicely. In fact, you brought up one of my favorite points: the big bang theory. A ...

    Nov 25, 2013
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: wallpaper skin and flower graves

    Well, I guess I took a complete opposite reading of this poem against Vivian's take! At first I thought that the narrator of the poem was being abused by someone. ...

    Nov 25, 2013
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Realistic Re: Ode to the Night Sky

    I really enjoy your first stanza. The rhyme and the meter are both perfect. I think the second stanza is uneven though. The first four lines are actually pretty good, ...

    Nov 24, 2013
  • Poetry » Realistic, Dramatic Re: Cold

    With such a short poem, each word needs to be really carefully chosen. If it doesn't add anything except syntax to the poem, it should probably be removed. For example: ...

    Nov 24, 2013
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Stream of Consciousness- My Quixotic Dream

    I think a mistake a lot of people make about stream of consciousness is that it's completely unfiltered. Far from it. Effective use of the stream of consciousness style is ...

    Nov 24, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Action / Adventure Re: Network of Keys Chapter 6: Ky, First Floor/Level part 3

    Definitely reminded me of Pokemon as well! I'm guessing this is Pokemon fan-fiction? In all, I like this chapter. It's quite interesting, and I like how you describe entering the ...

    Nov 24, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Fanfiction, Dramatic Re: The Descent Chapter 12: Hallowed Be Thy Name Part 3

    So first, I apologize for skipping all the other chapters! But in any case, I agree with Deanie. This is a great chapter. As with the last chapter I read, ...

    Nov 24, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Fanfiction, Dramatic Re: The Descent Chapter 11: My Father in Heaven Part 4

    This chapter to me felt a lot more polished, which is probably because it's a lot more focused. It pauses on each part to allow the reader to digest information, ...

    Nov 24, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Fanfiction, Dramatic Re: The Descent Chapter 11: My Father in Heaven Part 3

    This may have to do with the fact that this is fan-fiction and so you're constrained by the characters that appear in the source material, but if possible, I'd change ...

    Nov 24, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Fanfiction, Dramatic Re: The Descent Chapter 11: My Father in Heaven Part 2

    Your writing style changed a lot between the previous chapter and this one! In the previous chapter, there were a lot of comma splices and run-on sentences. Here, you instead ...

    Nov 24, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Fanfiction, Dramatic Re: The Descent Chapter 11: My Father in Heaven Part 1

    I thought this was generally pretty well done. Grammar wise, there are a lot of comma splices; that is, using a comma to join together two independent clauses. Take this ...

    Nov 24, 2013
  • Article / Essay » General, Realistic Re: Vignettes on Biopsies

    I loved this. Reminds me of Dave Egger's "A Heartbreaking work of Staggering Genius," except that what you wrote is actually good! The vignettes are poignant and meaningful, and really ...

    Nov 24, 2013
  • Other » Lyrical, Other Re: Shout Out

    Okay, so this made me smile! Nothing much to really critique in this poem. As you state within the poem itself, this is supposed to more of a stream of ...

    Nov 24, 2013
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, Romantic Re: Polluted Romance (First time I ever wrote in second person)

    Reminded me of Bioshock! I like how you began this short story -- it's very interesting and it grabs the reader's attention immediately. I also particularly enjoyed the use of ...

    Nov 24, 2013


'Tis the season to shovel enormous amounts of watermelon into your mouth while hunched over the cutting board like a dehydrated vampire that hasn't fed on blood in four hundred years and the only viable substitute is this questionable Christmas-colored fruit.
— Ari11