Rainy Winter By: Max A.

by yourlocalsatanist

Walking in a cold Winter, weather never clear

Rain always falling, snow always near

Raindrops hit my skin, the cold chills my spine

I hate Winter I hate the cold and the snow, the slippery ice and so much more 

But I love winter more and more. 

The rain that hits my window, and the leaves 

The peace of silence, surrounded by a breeze 

I hate the thought of winter and being cold

but I love winter, I love the thought of being alone 

-Max

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:17 am
EllieMae wrote a review...

Time for a Black Cat Review!!

MEOW! Hello, friend! My name is Ellie and today I will be reviewing using my very own Black Cat Review Method! It is very similar to the incredible YWS S'more Method but I have Halloween-ified it and made it spooky! My little black cat friend, Vladimir, wants to offer his opinion on your amazing literary piece:

Mystical Witch Hat - What I See, Observe, and Interpret

This poem was lovely to read :) in my interpretation, it describes walking on a winter night, with rain and snow. It describes the sensory details like the raindrops on your face. I really like the little details you added, like that one! You hate wonter, but these little moments make you love it, more and more! I love how this poem conveys a feeling of mindfulness. I personally really like meditation and this piece reminded me of that. It is those still, mindful moments, that can make hard things seen like less of burdens. I love the transformation of hatred into acceptance.

Beautiful!

It is the coldness that allowed you to be alone. Sometimes we need to suffer some things in order to see beauty.

Vladimir’s Advice - Suggestions for Improvement

You capitalize the word Winter,

Here:

and here:

But you do not do this,

here:

But I love winter more and more.

and... here:

At first I thought the capitalization was symbolic of a higher being or personage, but I am not too sure :D

Jack O’Lanterns - My Favourite Parts and Praises

This poem was incredibly well done in terms of making the words flow well! I need to applaud you for...

snow, slippery ice, so much more, all flow so well! *applause*

Black Cat Cuddles - Concluding Ideas and Thoughts

Lovely job, my friend :D

Have a great night. Take care!

Your friend,
Ellie :)

I hope you have a spook-tastical day, filled with black cat mischief!

Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:13 pm

Hello there, human! I'm reviewing using the YWS S'more Method today!

Shalt we commence with the review?

Top Graham Cracker - This poem is about a Winter that has rain and snow, the favorable parts and the unfavorable parts, the season of gray skies.

Slightly Burnt Marshmallow - The sentence with loving Winter “more and more” has a period. If it was intentional, then ignore this.

Chocolate Bar - I love how you describe the beauty and the ugliness of Winter! It can be loved or it can be hated, depending on how one looks at it. My favorite sentence would be about the “peace of silence”. Sometimes, all someone needs is silence.

Closing Graham Cracker - A short little poem about the good and the bad of Winter. No one can deny that it’s the somber start of the season, the white snow and the silver rain. I enjoyed reading this!

I wish you a fantastic day/night!

We know what a person thinks not when he tells us what he thinks, but by his actions.
— Isaac Bashevis Singer