12+ Violence Mature Content

Town of Richardson (Five Short Stories)

by vampricone6783

*These are five short stories from my “Town of Richardson” stories. This story is underneath my folder titled “Town of Richardson”. Gacha Club character designs are under my forum titled “My character designs<33”. Enjoy!*

1. Gabriel’s visit

“Hi, Gwyneth!”

“Gabriel! I’m so happy you’re here!”

I smile at my sister. I’m glad she cares about me.

Every time I come to her house, I transform into this seven foot tall clown, that glows neon pink in the dark. No, I don’t know why this happens. It just does.

It all happened because of a girl.

I was once a clown, performing in a circus. Yes, I performed even though I was fourteen. I was good at it.

Or maybe I was chosen because nobody else wanted to do it and I was 6’8, which is pretty tall for my age and I could pass as an adult…

Either way, I was happy.

Was.

But then this girl I liked, this girl, her name was Denise, she started dating me. I thought it that she really loved me…

God, was I stupid.

The big change happened when we were out on a date in the circus late at night. I haven’t had time to change out of my clown costume.

Denise and I had found the man who owned the circus, Lucas Ladouceur, on a mad murder rage.

We tried to escape him…Denise could escape..,I couldn’t escape…she left me behind…thought it was funny…I couldn’t really run that fast in my costume…

Mr. Ladouceur had killed me and stitched my mouth shut.

So now I’m a ghost. A clown ghost. But I still visit my nine year old sister, Gwyneth, who can see me. Whenever I get back home, I turn into this monster and my lips aren’t stitched up anymore.

But when I leave, I become my usual clown ghost self with the stitched-up lips…

“Gabriel? Are you alright?”

I shake myself out of my thoughts and focus on Gwyneth.

“Yeah, I ’m fine. Wanna see me juggle some rubber balls?”

“Ooh…I would love that!”

As I go to get rubber balls from out of my pocket, I think about my parents, who can’t see me.

Hey, at least Gwyneth can see me!

My dear, sweet sister Gwyneth…I hope Mr. Ladouceur doesn’t hurt her...if he did…he’d pay!

2. Samuel’s visit to Melinda

“And then they were all like “You’re the freak with the ghost clown for the brother, aren’t you?” So then I was like “Hey, that’s not a nice thing to say to someone! Stay away from her!” So they looked at me and I said “My brother could crush you in one second” and then they said-“

“Slow down, Melinda.”

“And they said “Oh and you’ve got the demon for the brother!” So I said “Yes, as a matter of fact I do!” And then they all ran away, screaming like wusses. Gwyneth was staring at them and trying to be creepy and I had scared them with my story. Oh and that’s how I met my new best friend, Gwyneth.”

“That’s very nice, Melinda.”

I’m talking to my seven year old sister, Melinda, in her room. She’s telling me the story of how she and this other girl, Gwyneth, had scared away these girls who were being mean to them. Somehow, they both spread the story of seeing me and Gabriel. I guess it’s because little kids can’t keep secrets.

I happen to know Gabriel. He’s kind of weird. I’m never going to understand why he chose to be a clown (that’s so lame) and I’ve never really spoken to him. I don’t think he likes me either, so we’re even.

I mean, what I meant to say was that I know who Gabriel is,but I’m not his friend or anything. I just know him. William is his friend. I’m not. But that’s okay. I don’t really care.

I’m a demon. Well, I was a human ten year old boy.

But then I died and became a demon. My name is still Samuel, like when I was human. Me and Gabriel, though so different, are also the same. Only our sisters see us. Only our sisters see that we’re human.

I only speak to Melinda. I don’t want to talk to my parents. They’d freak out and shove a rosary in my face. They wouldn’t believe that I’m me.

Gabriel’s parents literally can’t see him. He’s tried to talk to them, but they don’t notice him. My Mom accidentally saw my claw once when I was closing the door to Melinda’s room. She got scared, but then convinced herself that Melinda was only closing the door, and my claw was a trick of light.

Sometimes I miss my parents, but then I remember that it’s better for them to remember me when I was human. For them to see me now would only hurt them.

Melinda crawls closer to me and hugs me.

“Don’t be sad.” She says.

“I’m not.” I reply.

Why does she care? I’m dead. She shouldn’t worry too much about me, I won’t be able to stay with her forever.

“You look sad.” Melinda says.

She notices too much for her own good.

“I promise you, Melinda, I’m not.” I say. I can’t have her talk too much about me, it’s not appropriate for her to worry so much about how I feel. I don’t want her to feel drained at all.

“Really?” She asks. She wants to make sure that I’m okay, she cares about how I feel.

But I’m never going to tell her the full truth. What I’ve seen are things that no one should see.

“Really.” I say.

“Are you super duper sure?” Melinda asks.

Goodness, she is a persistent one.

“Yes! Now stop asking!” I say playfully. I don’t want her to think that I’m mad, I just want her to think that I’m okay.

“Okay…” Melinda trails off. She’s not fully convinced, but that’s okay. With the more time we spend together, the less we’ll talk about me.

I’ll make sure of it.

3. When Gabriel was gone

“I miss Gabriel.” Gwyneth said. Thoughts of Gabriel would randomly flicker in her head. Yes, he visited, but he never spoke to their parents. He said that they wouldn’t see him.

She still felt like he wasn’t there at all.

“I know you do, Gwyneth. But he’s gone.” Mom said.

She and Mom were sitting on the couch, watching Gwyneth’s favorite cartoon show. Dad was at work. They went on with their lives as though Gabriel wasn’t dead, as though everything were just as it should be.

“Don’t you miss him too?” Gwyneth asked. She couldn’t believe how they got on with their lives, how they never said a word on him.

“Yes, we do. There’s nothing much we can do about it though.” Mom said.

Maybe Gwyneth was imagining things, but she thought that Mom was angry. Why would Mom be angry? All she was doing was talking about Gabriel. Nothing bad.

“I want him back. It’s not fair!” Gwyneth cried out.

She wished that there was a way she could make him come back to life, a way in which he wouldn’t have to visit home, just live there, like he used to.

“I know, sweetie.” Mom said in a softer tone than before.

Mom stared at the TV as though she didn’t want to talk, as though she wanted to forget everything and drown in cartoons.

Gwyneth wouldn’t talk about it for the rest of the day, but she’d mention it some other time.

She never wanted them to forget about Gabriel.

4. Gwyneth tells them

“Mom! Dad! Gabriel isn’t gone! He visits me in my room! I know it’s him!” Gwyneth cried out, shaking them both awake.

She was in Mom and Dad’s room, trying to wake them up. She couldn’t just lie in bed and think about Gabriel withouttelling them about his visits!

“Gwyneth, he’s gone. How many times do we have to tell you?” Dad asked, his eyes groggy with sleep.

“But I saw him in my room, I swear.” Gwyneth pleaded. They had to believe her, they had to know.

Gabriel was still around.

“No. We talked about this.” Mom said sternly. She had just woken up as well, and she still wouldn’t believe Gwyneth.

“But-“

“Stop.” Dad said.

They were both so adamant on not talking about Gabriel, so determined to not say his name.

“Fine.” Gwyneth said, giving up on telling her parents.

One day, they could have a conversation about him. One day…

5. Melinda tells them

“I saw him in my room! He’s a tall demon and-“

“That’s impossible. How could Samuel be a demon?” Mom asked.

Melinda was standing at the door of her parents’ room, telling them about Samuel’s visits.

They both believed in demons, but they didn’t believe that demons could be good.

“But he is and I talk to him!” Melinda argued.

Still, Mom and Dad sat up from their bed, looking at her as though she were speaking too fast.

“Melinda, stop.” Dad said.

“But-“

“Stop it. He’s gone and nothing will change that. We can’t ever get him back no matter what we do.” Mom said.

And then, her parents went back to bed, as though they were merely string puppets.

Melinda softly closed the door, wishing that for once her parents would hear her out.

Hopefully one day they would. She wouldn’t give up trying.

Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:35 am
Isbah wrote a review...

hello!! I'm going to review the stories one by one.

Story 1
I love the way he is protective of his sister. It's sad how Denise left him and laughed because he couldn't save himself. It's also interesting how his sister isn't afraid of him. And the fact that she can see him makes a reader wonder why.
Tiny punctuation mistake,

“Yeah,I ’m fine. Wanna see me juggle some rubber balls?”
There isn't a space after the comma.

Story 2
The quotes within the quotes should be enclosed in single quotation marks throughout the story.
This story is following up on the previous one? This one is even sweeter than the last one :) This is my favourite part,
They think he's dead?

Story 3
This one is creepiest. Have her parents really forgotten about Gabriel like she thinks or is it just their way of coping with the stress?

Story 4
Its so sad how her parents are not believing her and she knows what she saw. Although shouldn't they be more worried? Maybe they could think that she has PTSD or something, from being so young when her brother was killed.

Story 5
her parents went back to bed, as though they were merely string puppets.
I love this description. So now both friends want their parents to believe them. Melinda's parents believe in demons, so shouldn't the believe in her brother being alive, while asking her to stay away from him because they believe he's not good?

That's all. I really enjoyed reading these stories!! :)

vampricone6783 says...

I%u2019m glad you enjoyed!

The brothers are both dead, only Samuel became a demon.

EllieMae wrote a review...

Hello there, my dear friend! Ellie here to review these five short stories. Let's jump right in to the review :D

Story one:

Me and Denise had found the man who owned the circus, Lucas Ladouceur, on a mad murder rage.

You might want to rewrite this as "Denise and I found the man who owned the circus, Lucas Ladouceur..." So using the I instead of me :)

Oooh!! I love this story. This one is very creepy. I find that it moved really fast, but it was still spooky.

Story 2:

I really loved this line. The thought of being there, but not wanting others to know because you would prefer for them to remember you as the person you used to be. This un controllable change. This story could be so symbolic of a lot of change in life.

Story 3:

Awe, this one was sad!

The image of staring at the TV all day, what you described as 'drowning in TV' made me feel really sad for the mom. You did a great job being direct and setting the scene in this one!

Story 4:

It seems like they really are going through so much denial and you can really see the progression of the characters in this one. They are still closed off and not willing to be open and talk about him. They don't even want to say his name or talk about him.

Story 5:

Maybe some day they will finally open up and believe her. Maybe some day they will finally see for themselves. Maybe someday they will stop living this puppet like life and finally live </3

Very well done!! Loved this collection :D I look forward to reading more!

Your friend,
Ellie

vampricone6783 says...

Glad you enjoyed. :>

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.