Sorry love

by vagrant

I'm sorry if I ever came off as too strong.
I'm sorry if I said something wrong. 

I know I can sometimes lose my cool.
Sometimes I act like a fool. 

But I'm sorry if I've been hurting you all along
And I'm sorry but these nights just feel too long. 

I know I can sometimes be careless,
Sometimes I can be jealous. 

But I'm sorry if you ever felt alone.
I guess I just didn't think that you'd be gone.

Wordzyy wrote a review...

Hey, Pal!
This is poem is magnificent in its way.
The rhyme scheme didn't seem to be forced. It was smooth and paved for an amazing read.
The reader could feel the emotions of the poet here, for the voice of the poem was so geniune and gentle.

I felt the lines are filled with full of love. The last line was intense. Heart touching poem.
Glad that I stumbled upon this one.

vagrant says...

Thanks! Means a lot!

Chitz wrote a review...

hey! chitz here for a review after long.

starting from the start , i want to say, reading this made me sad. its just heart breaking to think of your loved one moving on without you, and this seems the same.

i really like reading short poetry, so this is my stuff. i just tell you that punctuation and grammar is really not my thing. i just better focus on the words and the flow and sometimes rhyme.

your piece, quite nicely describes the possible ways with which one might can get heart. but as you wrote it, making it clear that its all human tendencies and you are sorry for everything which matters the most. so cheers to this. now i would like to say that , i would have preferred every lines starting as 'I am sorry' , 'And I am sorry'. like:

i am sorry for sometimes losing my cool
i am sorry for sometimes acting like a fool

it is just a simple suggestion, not something to take on your heart. Its completely your work and your wish how you want to present it.

rest everything is good for me, i really enjoyed reading it. and sorry for talking about other stuff as well, i just can't control. but lastly adding, you posted this piece on my birthday ;)

hope to read more of you soon

keep writing.

vagrant says...

Belated happy birthday to you!
Thanks for liking the poem and writing these kind words! It means a lot. I acknowledge your suggestion but, when I wrote it, it was not supposed to be a 'sorry love' poem. I had a very different interpretation of it in my mind while writing (let me know if you want to hear it :p). So no offense, but I'll prefer to keep things the way they are. Thanks for the suggestion!

Chitz says...

Yah I would surely like to hear your side of the story. And thanks for the birthday wish:)

vagrant says...

Ok, so when I wrote this, I imagined it to be a story of a mentally unstable and oppressive partner who has hurt her/his partner mentally (and perhaps physically) so much that s/he leaves them. And now this unstable guy is apologizing for their behavior. You know, the typical 'curse you love!' / 'sorry love...' stories :p

looseleaf wrote a review...

**My Thoughts**

Hey vagrant! LZ here with a review. I liked this poem. It was short, yet you were able to say everything you needed to say.

**Formatting and Grammar**

I liked how short the stanzas are. The two lines in each make it a really simple poem. As I said before, you put all the detail in this poem well! It didn't seem too short, it seemed just perfect.
As for grammar, I didn't catch anything!

**Punctuation and Capitalization**

In this poem, you used full punctuation! I appreciate that! I like poems that have full punctuation, it makes them look more complete. I also like how you capitalized every first letter in the lines.

**Quick Review**

Awesome poem! I loved it!

Keep on writing, I enjoyed this poem. Have a great Sunday!

vagrant says...

Dossereana wrote a review...

Hi @vagrant I am here to do a quick review on your poem, so lets get right into it shell we.
So I think that the name to this poem is really real and true it goes with the poem its self.

I just want to ask you a question before I say anything else, are you okay is something bad going on in your life? because my PM box is always open. you don't have to answer that if you don't feel like it its fine I'm just concerned. Now this line really brings out the fact that this person really did not mean to hurt the other person or hew every it is. in this line I can already see the feelings coming out in a strong way.
the rest of your poem was like this line as well. All of the lines flowed to gather really well, when I read it makes my heart sink, for some reason I really feel myself being connected to the poem its self, it just came out. also I thought you needed something to bright up your day a bit, so I hope I make you feel better by saying, not everyone is perfect, everybody makes mistakes and these mistakes can be in all shapes and sises, you just have to learn from them and that can be hard I no. Life will get better for you. :D <33 also *follows

This is all that I can say about your poem, I hope that things do come right, if you just rout this because you felt like it then its still a really good poem don't get me wrong.

I hope you have a great Day\Night

@Dossereana Out In The Sky Of Reviews

vagrant says...

Hi!! Thanks for the lovely review!
You're such gem of a person to say all that and for showing your concern but no worries, I am completely fine and this was a purely fictional write. But you saying all these uplifting things really made my day. You're very sweet!

Thanks again, for the wonderful review! That means a lot!

Dossereana says...

No problem, I'm just happy that you liked the review. :D

“And how shall I think of you?' He considered a moment and then laughed. 'Think of me with my nose in a book!”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell