16+ Language Mature Content

Forever..

by vagrant

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language and mature content.

Forever

My life was a total wreck.

Days were troublesome,

Nights weren’t easy either.

Finding happiness,

I strolled forever,

Forever.

My friends were never enough,

Kins weren’t any good either.

Finding peace,

I strolled forever,

Forever.

My life couldn’t be worse,

Until I met you.

It was like,

I found an oasis in a desert.

A drop of water in a drought,

A glimpse of stars in a dark night.

It was love. Isn’t that what you call love?

Days were no longer a mess,

Nights were glorious.

Finding your love,

I strolled forever,

Forever.

I know you have a lover,

But that isn’t going to stop me from loving you.

My world has changed forever, you know.

I can see the light in dark.

I can hear the music in voices.

I can finally believe in life.

It is because of you, you know.

When the world breaks me from inside,

I see you

And my soul just reconciles.

My life could never suffice.

And I could not be happier.

I love you

And will do forever,

Forever.

Vagrant

Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:52 am
Eros wrote a review...

Hello there, Vagrant !!

This is Eros here, with a review for this beautiful romantic poem...

First of all the most beautiful thing in this poem is the repeated usage of the word, Forever.
It adds a lyrical effect to this poem. I loved this poem, and also loved your way of expressing the thoughts about how love can change a person's life.

The way you have described the transition from sadness to happiness is blended together perfectly. I loved it.

The presentation of the poem is also very good. I especially loved that picture on the top. I felt as if I am reading an actual hard copy of the poem. The picture above gives it a feeling ...a soft feeling.

The way you have described the natural elements like the nights, stars , and the way they represent every different feeling is awesome.

Like, a drop of water in draught, represents the feeling of satisfaction etc.

Everything you have described here is really beautiful.

Overall, a wonderful poem. An amazing work...

Keep writing such awesome stuff and we will keep reading them !

Have a great day/ night !

~Eros

vagrant says...

Wow!! Thanks for such an amazing review on my work!! Hope you will read my future poems and some of my past writings as well !! Cheers..

vagrant says...

KatjaDawn wrote a review...

Hey vagrant! Katja here yo hopefully provide helpful feedback on your poem today! Please feel free to disregard anything I suggest or comment on, should you feel that it is not helpful. That being said, onto the review.

Overall, your poem is sweet and flows well. The poem is told from a narrator's perspective who depicts loneliness and suffering in the beginning. Then, they found a person who changed this entirely for them, one that they presumably fell in love with. The poem takes an interesting turn... the person their affections are aimed at has a lover themselves. This definitely surprised me, and left me to wonder why the narrator can love them so deeply when they have a lover.

What I liked:

I strolled forever,

Forever.

I love you

And will do forever,

Forever.

Throughout the poem the use of this line and it's repeating of the word "forever" helped to, first, emphasize the narrator's search for happiness and how they seem to have felt it would last forever. Then, it helped to truly emphasize the narrator's love and how they feel as though it will last forever.

I also really enjoyed the use of imagery to provide the reader with comparisons to express their love for this person.

I found an oasis in a desert.

A drop of water in a drought,

A glimpse of stars in a dark night.

As the reader, i truly feel the love the narrator has for this person. However, I also feel concern. Does this person know that the narrator loves them and chooses not to leave their lover? Is their relationship an affair? This is never answered in your poem, and thus my only suggestion would be to make this clear. However, if your intention is not to have this make sense, then that is only my opinion.

Overall, your poem is well-written and effectively conveys it's message of how the narrator's love for this person changed their negative outlook and provided them with long-searched for happiness.

I look forward to reading more of your work soon!

Keep writing,

-Katja

Radrook wrote a review...

Thanks for sharing this poem about a person who searches for love and feels that it has been finally found. The poetic mood is one of deep appreciation for having found alleviation for all the psychological suffering which the person experienced before he found love. As a reader I could not see exactly how the person was suffering since no exact details are provided. So I understand the poem as merely an expression of appreciation and not one that is striving to convince me about the rightness or wrongness of the emotions expressed.

I like the imagery used of desert, drought, stars, night, water drop. I also like the way that the poem strives to create a mood of persistence via the repetition of the word forever. Also, the ending with that word is very moving.

My Thoughts

Of course as a fellow human being I felt sorry for the persons sufferings as I read. Fr a brief moment I felt happy that the search for happiness was over. But then I had second thoughts when i read that the beloved person has a lover and that it doesn’t matter to the speaker. That caused me to wonder whether the object of his devotion was worthy of that devotion.

All in all a very interesting read. Looking forward toreading moreof your work.

Suggestions:

Not sure whether the word “strolling” is the best with which to describe a desperate search for happiness. Strolling is a slow, casual, unconcerned type of walking. Also, if the strolling is a search for happiness, why does it continue after happiness is found? If indeed it isn’t a search for happiness then what does the strolling represent?

[Searching for peace, . . .]
[Searching for happiness . . .]

It harmonizes more with : Finding your love, . . . .

And will do . . . .
[And will do so . . . .]

vagrant says...

Thanks for the beautiful review!I know the poem has some inaccuracies and might not hook a reader in the first time. I wanted some good suggestions to make I perfect and you have provided that to me. And yes since I did not want to break the chain, I put "finding you love" in the second part. Secondly, if you are wondering that speaker fell in love with a person who already has a lover then, it was because love can happen anywhere and with anyone. That was also one of the few messages that the poem gives. Overall, thanks for the suggestions, I will edit it for sure and I hope that you will keep reading my work !

Radrook says...

Glad I could be of some help. Yes, I know that we can fall in love with a person who has a lover. It happens all the time. I guess I misunderstood it to mean that she or he continued having a lover even after they had met. Not your fault mine. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

The quote generator! That's a genius idea.
— Necromancer14