12+

Mother

by Rosella

authors note: this poem is very very deep to me and a super sensitive topic, but reviews are always welcome and needed, I still want to improveĀ 

Aaraju wrote a review...

Hi honeymoon, here's a quick review for your poem.

When I first read the title 'Mother', I thought it was gonna be about how mothers are so special, you know just the basic concept. But this poem is just so amazingly written about such a heartbreaking phase of your life. Turning your pain, your sorrows into such a beautiful masterpiece, is so amazing. After all these, it is totally understandable that a person would hate his/her mother but then you have written,
"But you will always be my mother, the one who birthed and nursed me.".
You are very strong soul to handle all this and forgive her as well.
Such a beautiful, heart touching poem you have written. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
Hope to read your other writings as well. Keep on writing, dear and best wishes for your future.

AlricGrande wrote a review...

you certainly have talent. I love the way you've paired emotions with your words to create a strong poem. Nobody can feel those emotions the way you do (cuz they are YOUR feelings, right?) but you give the reader a glimpse, something that is so essential in a poem.
Keep writing.
Much love
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

OreosAreLife wrote a review...

Hey honeymoon, OreosAreLife here for a review.
Now I absolutely love this poem, you really bring a lot of emotion into it and I like that. Also the image you create is great. And I love how personal it is. This is an exquisite peace.
I love the lines

But you will always be my mother, the one who birthed and nursed me.

I love this one, I can relate to poem and how you have the strength and forgiveness to say this is extraordinary. You are truly an amazing human being. I see no errors in this. This has to be one of my favorite poems ever. You did a marvelous job writing this. Keep writing and I hope to read more of your work in the future.

OreosAreLife :)

IrisNight says...

Hey Roses! sorry this is gonna have to be a short review but at least its a review right :D
This is truly a beautiful piece, it like Lafayette made me tear up a little, you are incredible at writing, never stop.

Love: Ace

Lafayette says...

Wow. That is such a beautiful poem. It actually made me tear up a little. Its amazing how you put so much feeling and emotion in a simple poem. Keep writing! :)

Rosella says...

thank you <3

Aubrey7 says...

you should say, "when you held me close to your heart," instead of "when you held me close" this is REALLY good, and keep your chin up! I know how it is to have someone in your life pretend to be someone they are not, and it is hard, but you can push through, past the hard times! :)

Rosella says...

thank you <33

Life is a banana peel and I am the fool who dared to tread on it.
— looseleaf