z

Young Writers Society


18+ Mature Content

Victory, mine

by Teddybear


Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for mature content.

This is a vent poem, it is not meant to glorify the subject matter, simply to explore my mindset during my more difficult moments. 

I am breaking 

I lay awake, alone, world quaking 

I shatter 

An unclean break 

An unresolved chord 

My mind scatters

Quick, quick

At my skin pick 

Make myself sick

Bones click

Oh no

I've broke 

A laugh 

A burst of joy 

Swelling pride 

Victory, mine


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
20 Reviews


Points: 349
Reviews: 20

Donate
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:19 pm
View Likes
leleparadise wrote a review...



Hey, Lele here for a review

Just want to start by saying this is categorized in the wrong section

Moments like these are far from dramatic. And I feel for you

I don’t get a hint of glorification from your words. Only empathy.

This poem is full of emotion. It is very real. It is bittersweet. From such dark emotions to seemingly positive. You can feel the frantic nature of your words. I would love for you to elaborate more on what victory is and what it means to you in this piece.

Overall, it is beautiful. Very telling. I hope for your peace of mind. Keep writing




User avatar
49 Reviews


Points: 193
Reviews: 49

Donate
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:04 pm
View Likes
TheWordsOfWolf wrote a review...



Hello, good morning, good afternoon and good evening as well. Wolf here for a quick review. I have not written any reviews for a long time so I am a bit rusty... but here goes nothing.

Your poem that you have here is for one thing very emotional. your lines are simple and short, the longest having only six words and yet they convey such a strong sense of emotion. Many authors struggle to convey this when using double the amount of words you have!

another note, perhaps less helpful but a thought I had none the less, I love you your last line is the same as your title. It kind of bings the poem full circle, it completes it nicely.


uh well over all good work, loved reading this, keep writing, as always remember what was helpful and disregard the rest.

as always,
Wolf




User avatar


Points: 14
Reviews: 4

Donate
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:28 pm
View Likes
weona wrote a review...



I think you do an admirable job capturing the conflicting emotions of these dark moments. It's a hard line to walk in exploring subject matter surrounding difficult topics like sh through writing (which can be helpful in understanding and expressing those experiences) without glorifying the matter — something I feel you do quite well here.

My mind scatters

Quick, quick

At my skin pick

Make myself sick

You capture a familiar sense of urgency here; the overwhelming need to do something to ease the unrest, the pain.

Oh no

I've broke

A laugh

A burst of joy

Swelling pride

Victory, mine

The sense of accomplishment, the feeling of power over something when 'the world is quaking' —it's chilling. The victory is not in the act, there is not joy in this coping mechanism per say, but there is a broken, twisted pride that you capture quite clearing in few words.

Compelling work, thank you for sharing. I hope you have people in your corner going forward.




Teddybear says...


Thanks for your review! (I'm coping quite well and am mostly out of that mindset, to ease as worry you may have. I know the subject of the poem is a bit upsetting)




When she transformed into a butterfly, the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty, but of her weirdness. They wanted her to change back into what she always had been. But she had wings.
— Dean Jackson