Nagori Hokosha

by Soulkana

Chapter one: Taylor

Wind blew, softly caressing the young girl's cheek, sending her soft, straight blond hair backwards as she gazed at the sunrise, her sapphire blue eyes burning with a forever determined glint.

She could feel the earth around her, the fresh air, the rustling trees and bushes, the animals chirping and chattering away. Nothing felt more alive to her than this moment.

The young girl was Taylor, and on this day her life will change forever. Taylor glanced up at the reddening sky feeling a call from the forest.

Tracing her way through the forest she came upon an old ruin. It began to glow bright gold as an odd symbol appeared in the air above the circle on the ground covered by the ancient unearthly metal ruins.

The symbol changed into an odd looking fox as a woman appeared, her face serene as she glanced down at Taylor.

"The time has come, young one. The battle for the Gem of the Ancient's reaches its deadliest struggle you and your four soul sisters must harness your powers and protect the gem."

Taylor's eyes widened as suddenly knowledge she never knew she had sprang forward, overloading her senses as she passed out as she heard four voices shout out," Sister, hold on!"

The odd, ancient fox settled down beside Taylor, standing guard over the new Earth Guardant, as she began to change.

Mizu

A young girl sat on a branch, feeling the heat of the sun on her face, as she felt the ribbons of space shift, and opened her eyes revealing deep pine green eyes, but with slitted pupils.

Jumping down, she shivered as the ripples of time called to her, beckoning her to the old fallen tree, as the wind blew her flaming red hair back.

Walking forward she saw a strange symbol shifting into an odd looking cat as a woman with long strawberry blonde hair and brown eyes appear saying softly," Young Mizu the time has come, the dark foes are planning a full invasion on Drakona. You must find the light sister, she alone holds the gem."

Blinking Mizu felt as if her mind had been opened for the first time, as her senses sharpened and a vast amount of knowledge broke free as she swayed, hearing the voices of four others, shouting her name.

The woman looked down at the cat saying," Sora watch over her, I must awaken the Ice Guardant," before vanishing.

Sora looked at the time and space Mistress began to change, awakening her dormant creature blood.

Ayave Shadow

Ayave listened to the crunch of her feet in the snowy tundra. Wearing a thin rose red sweater she sat down, watching with awe at the celestial lights ran across the beautiful night sky.

Looking up she saw the lights shift, forming a beautiful mother polar bear as the lights whispered in her mind," Arise, Ayave, the time of your awakening is upon us. The Guardians of Ice and Mind call upon you to join the Sisters of Soul and vanquish your creator, the Dark Sire."

Ayave blinked as she felt her mind expand touching four others, her sisters.

Her emerald eyes turned cold as she felt the presence of their father reach out.

Blacking out she whispered," Hold on Avella, I'll stop the Darkness until the Light is found."

The polar bear bent her head, protecting her cub as her brown hair lengthened and the markings of the Mind Immortal burned, etching itself in her skin, forever displaying her gift.

Avella Moonflower

Avella sat on the roof, looking up at the sky, her entire body longing for something, a light to its ever darkening control.

Closing her brown eyes she felt the darkness whisper," Let me show you the power inside you."

She watched as a Dragon of pure dark energy appearing speaking," The time has come, today, you choose light or dark. What shall it be, Avella?"

Avella felt the battle raging inside her when she heard Ayave's soft voice cry out in her head," Hold on, Avella, I'll stop the Darkness until the Light is found."

Swaying Avella cried out," I choose the Light!"

The darkness screamed in agony as Taylor and Mizu landed next to Avella, their eyes worried.

The dragon bowed its head, breathing a burning white light on Avella as her black hair grew and silver highlights appeared. Her eyes turned a dark brown almost black and luminous.

Mizu felt Ayave's quiet presence in the north as she whispered," Hurry Hana, we need you! Ayave hurry and find her!"

Ayave's quick reply was sharp and full of sarcasm," Why don't you go through ten thousand minds in a minute!!?"

Taylor sighed saying," Don't fight you guys."

Ayave went silent before shouting," I found her!!"

Hana Angemon

Hana knelt down by an injured fox, as she freed it from the trap. Tearfully, she watched it growl at her and limp away.

Standing, she saw a squirrel jump from a branch onto her shoulder as the wind whispered in her ear," Awaken, Hana Angemon, the Gem of Ancient, commands it. Become your self and protect the gem. Avella can not survive without you, the light to her darkness."

Hana's mercury silver eyes filled with tears as she felt her sisters' souls becoming one with her own. Tears falling to the ground she willed herself to where Avella was, desperate to help her twin, her very soul, her opposite.

Landing on the ground she knelt down by Avella watching her eyes open, as Avella smiled at her.

"I'm so glad your back, do you still remember that promise we made?" Avella whispered, tears filling her eyes as Ayave landed next to Taylor, her emerald eyes full of worry.

Hana smiled and nodded," Yes I remember that promise, a promise of a lifetime. I will never forget Avella."

The five hugged each other, finally together again. The familiars watched silently from behind, hoping that things will be ok for the newly reunited sisters.

Soulkana says...

Thanks for the review and This was written for my sisters I wasn't thinking of making it a big deal, just a side story for them to read...since they're amazng

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:06 am
Ashley529 wrote a review...

Overall impression, this story seems very interesting. I am curious to know what journey lies ahead for the 5.

I like how you DESCRIBED each character as you introduced them to the reader. What I dislike is how you INTRODUCED them. After the first two characters, we know what to expect next. You wrote according to a fixed method. I'm sure you've read hundreds of books where the characters were introduced along the way, as the story progresses. But all at one go, is actually a waste. I say it's a waste because you could have used their entrance to thicken your plot or maybe bring in the other two sisters later in the story when all hell breaks loose and they come on the scene to save the day.

Other then that, I'm waiting for the story to continue. I like it.

I hope what I said made sense, if not, send me a message.

Some call me a legacy, others call me a hero. But I assure you, dear admirers, I am only human.
— Persistence