Vampire Bat

by SirenCymbaline

Vampire Bat

Did you know there are vampire bats
Hiding inside some people
Their loose halos may be gold, but they're fake
And you can't know their colours until it's too late....

She'll steal what secrets she can while her ruse is still unveiled....
Rob you blind right in front of your face

Only then do you know....

She'll suck the colour right outta your skin
She's a vampire bat, she's sure to win
I hate her so bad though I know it's a sin
She wants you to join her but I'll never give in
I'll have to forgive her sooner or later

But it's just so hard to forgive a hater...

Maybe somehow, she can be saved
But I don't wanna try...
How do you save a cynical casual know-it-all- oooh

She's a vampire bat, she's sure to win
I hate her so bad-

Dammit I'm sick of this, you're forgiven
Be free from my head!!

She's a vampire bat, don't let her win

She wants you to join her but don't you dare give in
You'll have to forgive her sooner or later..

Though I know it's so hard to forgive a hater..

EllieMae wrote a review...

Hi there, Ellie-Mae here for a quick review!

Wishing you a happy day/evening/morning/night/whatever is applicable to your part of the world! First off, please remember that my reviews are my own opinions :) I’ll give honest feedback, but nothing at all is intended to hurt or discourage you in any way at all! <3 So, without waiting any longer, let’s get right into it and digest the spectabulous piece of literary work!

I love how you repeat certain parts, like this:

She's a vampire bat, she's sure to win

and:

She's a vampire bat, she's sure to win
I hate her so bad-

and:

She's a vampire bat, don't let her win

this really helps develop the lyrics of the song/poem. I love your writing style. I will definitely be reading more of your work now!!!!

Ellie-Mae

Fri May 25, 2012 12:51 am

Hi, Annie!

This is a very interesting piece! It's quite unique compared to what I'm used to reading. That said, maybe it's just the specialized font that's throwing my voice around. ;)

I like the metaphor you use through this piece. The vampire bat certainly sets a metaphor that's fun for its audience to imagine while successfully sharing the emotions the song is aiming for.

I do wonder if there's not enough story behind it? The first verse is an awesome introduction to that chorus, but after that, I feel like the chorus just gets repetitive, and I begin to lose interest in what's being said. Mainly because I already heard it! Perhaps there's more to the story or more comparisons you can make to help relate better to a vampire bat. Make it a little more interesting!

I'm digging the end, though. I can imagine how the music would go with this piece.

Regarding the metaphor itself, I'm not sure anyone ever relates bats to halos. XD So that line seems random, and I'd suggest changing something about it to make it fit (or the other way around).

And then the PoV through the entire piece confused me. I wasn't sure if the speaker was talking to somebody or talking about herself or when she referred to the vampire bat. At first, I thought the vampire bat was inside someone else, but I'm starting to wonder if it's the vampire bat inside the speaker. xD

But I do find this is a fun and creative song, so certainly shape it up a bit. I think it would be cool to listen to at some point!

Jabber, the One and Only!

guineapiggirl wrote a review...

Interesting. The different fonts confused me.
I thought the rhyme scheme was a bit varied, you didn't have any sort of a, b, a, b or whatever. Personally, I like it if a song has a basic rhyme scheme. You can vary from it a bit and in the middle eight and stuff, but there's gotta be something. The rhymes you did have were quite good.

She's a vampire bat, she's sure to win

I like this whole bit lots, especially the later hater rhyme.
So, I like the idea behind the song and I thought there were some good rhymes in there. However, I think it needs more structure.

The strongest people are not those who show their true strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
— Unknown