z

Young Writers Society



You don't deserve me

by PixieStix


This isn't my best...I just needed to get this out. Just needed to.

You don't deserve me

I like you,
I swear it’s true.

Your spiky hair,
And eyes a lovely blue.

I know you think I’m crazy,
But that’s alright.

Your just like Charlie,
And you’re dancing’s pretty tight.

You say you don’t like me,
And I think that’s unfair.

So, you don’t deserve me,
I thought we had something there.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 336
Reviews: 30

Donate
Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:14 am
VampireSenshi wrote a review...



So this may not be your best, but what makes it awesome is the pure, raw emotion that just radiates from it! I love it! Especially because I've seen this exact same scenario play out in my personal life, It makes even more of a connection with me. I love it.

You never fail to dissapoint Pix :3


~Andrew ;)


11/10






frick! - *you never disappoint



User avatar
32 Reviews


Points: 1990
Reviews: 32

Donate
Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:50 am
NoirLumiere wrote a review...



Aww. This one was a sad one to read, and yet, it was totally open. You didn't hold back, and that means something. However, I did notice something. The spiky hair line. If you had said,"And your eyes, a lovely blue" I think that would have been easier for the reader to keep the flow going. Just a thought.

Overall, it was cute and sad. 4/5




User avatar
155 Reviews


Points: 11208
Reviews: 155

Donate
Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:12 am
Toboldlygo wrote a review...



Cute poem you have here! I just have a few grammatical things to mention.

Your spiky hair,
And eyes a lovely blue.

Nothing actually wrong about it, but it feels awkward somehow. Rephrasing it would help it to sound smoother.

I know you think I’m crazy,
But that’s alright.

Same here, it sounds bumpy and doesn't fit the overall rythm.

Your just like Charlie,
And you’re dancing’s pretty tight.

Got "your" and "you're" mixed up. Remember, "your" is possesive, like your poem or your dancing. "You're" means "you are", like you're (you are) going somewhere, you're (you are) just like Charlie. When in doubt, say the sentence using you are and see if it makes sense. If it does, use "you're", if not, use "your".

Overall, great job! :)





I didn't want to slow time, I just wanted to make a little rock.
— MomoMajesty's brother