z

Young Writers Society



It is what it is

by ForeverYoung299


It is what it is

You try extremely hard

To change each and everything

But, you can't

Let me be myself

I am tired of being the replica

Of someone who is not me

‘Follow him– follow her’

NO, I want to follow myself

I want to follow my dreams

My heart is my guide

You can't change it

You can't make me

Follow all those people

Can you tell me

Why were they popular?

They did something unprecedented

I don't want to be famous

But I want to follow my guide

And do something

Which can satisfy me at least

I don't want to satisfy any other person

But they want me to

Follow each and every word of them

Even if they make me die

Even if they pierce my heart.

But, don't worry

They will not be able to succeed

It is what it is

They will not be able to change me

Until my heart allows. 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 2448
Reviews: 56

Donate
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:40 am
akanbright wrote a review...



If I think it is what it is, then I would say your poem is totally cool and amazing, and I love the way you patterned it to make a little sense to the reader. Know that to get a better review, you the writer, must first review your work, especially before submitting. It is not enough to be satisfied by your own write up, but others as well should be able to draw from it, the same idea you had for it.
As a writer, I have come to understand that mood and tone are very important in writing and they give the poem or write up a decent background and theme. If you must be a good writer or poet, you must make your audience or readers be hooked up on the same mood or tone as you. It is not good for you to write a work this way and then I the reader sees it that way, and that's because I didn't get the perfect imagery or theme of what you were trying to pass through.
I dedicate more of my time to poems than to other literary piece, not because its easy or so, but because I love it and it draws me closer to hidden fact.
Please know that I am not trying to descend your work the wrong way, but I think just a little more in-line would do. You have to incline your words to the comprehension of the reader. If not for the fact that the style and language of the poem was low and striking, I wouldn't have understood it, so I bet you work on that as well as check for grammatical errors before submitting. I know we aren't perfect, at least not yet.
I deeply love the poem and i give you a kudos.
Thanks forever young.






Thanks for the review!



User avatar
78 Reviews


Points: 40
Reviews: 78

Donate
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:28 am
NivedaJames22 wrote a review...



Hey!

First of all, I loved the idea of your poem. In the midst of our fast-paced life, it is so easy to forget who we are and give in to the pressure exerted by society to change ourselves to fit into some cookie-cutter mold that they deem perfect.

The only errors I found were in these lines:

I don't want to famous

I think you meant "I don't want to be famous". The "be" is missing.

Also, in this line, I think it should be "of being" not "to be":

I am tired to be the replica

Other than that, I found your poem wonderful.

I really like the last line. I feel like it reinforces how firm you are in your beliefs, and that nothing can ever change you :

They will not be able to change me

Until my heart allows.

On the whole, I loved this poem. Can't wait to read more of your work. :)

Keep writing.






Hey! Thanks for the review! I will change those and you are doing wonderful!



Random avatar

Points: 200
Reviews: 0

Donate
Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:49 am
Kaylen says...



I'm no expert on really good writing so I apologize if my comment doesn't make sense:()

I like your take on poetry and your choice of words make the poem deep and understanding.

Each line shows your feelings clearly.


Would love to see more of your work!
Thanks!






Aww thanks for the comment! Don't worry, before coming to YWS, I didn't know W of writing




Besides, if you want perfection, write a haiku. Anything longer is bound to have some passages that don't work as well as they might.
— Philip Pullman