Goodbyes

by ForeverYoung299

MellyBourne wrote a review...

Well done. You made a poem that helps to understand what it feels like to say goodbye, and argues that truthfully there is no such thing as a good goodbye. I think this poem works especially well because it is relatable to so many of us. We all had our goodbyes, we all have friends that we have seen for the last time, a long time ago. Like you I find that hard to cope with, which just helps to make this thing more relatable. My favourite line has to be "When they tear me, into a thousand segments?". I am not sure what it meant to you when you were writing this poem, but it made me realize that with the people we loved and said goodbye to we left a part of us that will never come back. This hits deep and personal. It is hard to accept, but can we do anything to stop it? I loved this one, great work ForeverYoung299

Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:45 am
PaigeFantasy says...

hi, like another reviewer, this hit hard. but I like it!
it reminds me that some goodbyes hurt, if it’s coming from someone that you love or care about deeply, then it really hurts...I never related to a poem so much in my life.
please keep writing similarly to this, you did such an incredible job.

Thank you so much!!!

PaigeFantasy says...

:)

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:43 am
NivedaJames22 wrote a review...

Hey!

This poem reminded me of a quote I had read a long time back. It went something like this: "There is an end in friend, a good in goodbye, and a fun in funeral."

Anyway, I really liked how you question the tradition of saying "goodbye" even when it's tearing you apart.

I also liked the background picture. I feel like it really fits in with the theme of the poem/

On the whole, I think the poem has a nice flow, and I also like how you describe goodbyes as "worst-byes".

Can't wait to read more of your work.

Keep writing.

Thank u so much for the review!!!

Wow, despite your short length of the poem, that hit quite hard.
It makes me wonder: why are they seen as Good byes when they hurt and injure those mentally.

It is an amazing poem and I really appreciate you to take your time writing this.

Stay safe,

Love Rubes :)

Thank you so much for it!!

Despite everything, it's still you.
— TobyFox