Forever

by Annaclare

363 days 

That's how long ago we met 

145 minutes 

That's how much we talked each night 

9,538 miles

That's how far away we are from each other

1,000 or so things

Is how much we have in common

2 word description of him 

Close friend - we both know this is a fact 

5 times

That's at least amount of times I think of him a day 

1 second 

That's all it took for him to make me smile

5 or so months 

That's how long we were distant from eachother 

1 word - Hi

This is the one word it took to reconnect us 

60 seconds a day 

Devoted to think of how you were 

72 heart beats 

Is how many ones my heart thumped after talking to you for the first time

90 minutes

Is how long it took to get the smile you put on my face taken off temporarily 

Infinity 

Is how long we will be close

Forever 

Is how long I have been changed because of him

AnnaGrace24 says...

This is absolutely amazing. I felt every bit of it. I loved the numbers and lengths of time. I could really get a glimpse of what you were showing. This is amazing. I love your work and I hope to keep reading it. I suck at reviews so I am not going to even try, I'll just praise it. Keep up the good work and Never stop believing in yourself. Long distance relationships can be tough, but sometimes they're worth it. Good luck!

Much love, AG

AnnaGrace24 wrote a review...

Much love, AG

TheShauzer wrote a review...

I'm so unsure as to how I feel about it. I mean, I like the ideas and the true story you're telling us because I myself am in a long distance relationship (perfect girl!) and I know you tried to be different with the way you told it, but sometimes different just isn't always better. I just didn't see the art in it, and I think if you tried a little harder you could produce a much greater monument to how you feel. The statistical way you put it out there; it just kind of sapped the romance for me. I can't really give advice because my advice would be to change the whole writing style of the piece, but again that's just me. I think imagery is at the heart of romantic writing, and you didn't have any. So just be more creative and use some imagery :)

Hope I helped,
Yours in ink,
TS.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:25 am
deleted21 says...

This is surely different!

Selena1016 says...

hey, how did you chose the opening line of what you were going to say?
was it your intention for it to be so vague?
will you ever meet this person?
sorry that was alot of questions but im curious

Annaclare says...

1. Well l thought about numbers and calculations and I knew that I wanted to write this for a special friend so that's the first one
2. It will be vague if you are not the person I am personally writing to... But I hope that because of that you can add your own flare.
3. The answer to that is still unknown like I said in the poem we are more than 9000 miles apart.. So probably not but I would love to :)
I hope this helped :) thanks for reading

Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:26 pm
rainforest wrote a review...

Hey there! CaptainSalty here with a review.

Well, I must say for a new member to YWS, this is pretty great. It's very descriptive, especially towards the end. Yet it makes it seem confusing because there is no punctuation. I mean, a lot of poems don't have any punctuation, but maybe it would be better if there was punctuation.

Despite it being short, as again it's very descriptive and detailed. You did hit that mark, especially. I also really like the ending. It's just very lovely and romantic. Great job!

I know this review is short, sorry about that. I want to see more of your poems. Don't give up and always write!

-CaptainSalty

Willard says...

Anna has been here for over a year :^)

rainforest says...

Oh... I just realized that XD

Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:14 pm
RituparnaBhowmik wrote a review...

hi its Rituparna for a review.
your poem looks quite good, and its something new to see around. i like your use of specifics and you really made each moment count.
pardon me if i act rude , i just wanted to give you these few suggestions. [ sorry i might be a little picky but its all in positive way]
your poem counts on the time you take and hats what starts each expression. so if you were to end in forever i think its better to start with one second it would be then that you gradually increase the time and end in eternity. this order might make it more significant. well give it a thought and rest lies on you how you want to present your beautiful work.
then come the length. i am sorry if i were impatient, but i felt that the poem could do without a few lines. remember short and simple is the best expression.
lastly its that you missed some other things like counting heartbeats and distance with time which makes the poem a little heterogeneous. think of it and see if something else popps out in that place.
i have a few confusions about this lines and would like it if you explain them to me
"
90 minutes

Forever

Is how long I have been changed because of him"
you have great talent, keep writing and you will do very well
Rituparna

Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:57 pm
BlueSunset says...

Wonderful, just wonderful.

Annaclare says...

Thanks! I'm happy you enjoyed it!

Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:15 pm
donizback says...

This is truly amazing!!!

Annaclare says...

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it :)

Your presence can give happiness. I hope you remember that.
— Jin, BTS