Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:51 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

I wish to become a Knight!
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:09 pm
View Likes
Overwatchful says...

Stormblessed marches into the hall, proudly displaying the remains of five more Green Beasts. "I am ready to receive my Helmet!" He declares.
Quite... Overwatchful
Previously Stormblessed242 :mrgreen:

178 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 178
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:06 pm
View Likes
MaybeAndrew says...

''tis a bit late, but I am *pauses for dramatic affect* a knight!
Previously Andrewknorpp, now less sure.

311 Reviews

Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:04 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

I am here to claim my Knighthood!

Vilnius's Index
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

Random avatar

Reviews: 130

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:20 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Lord Momo waks in to the Great hall with a flourish of his cape.
"I wish to become a knight!"
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

311 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:53 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

I am ready to recieve my sword!

Reviews: 1
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:30 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander rode into the Great Hall, leaping off their horse to let Castle Grounds Consultant Perks (@EditorAndPerks) take them back to the stables.

"Wazzah! Hello my fine, fellow soldiers! I fear that we have a long list of peasants, er, presents to present to us all, so well," they cut off, looking at the rest of the Court members. "I fear, I do not have the required materials."

After a pause, The Commander cleared their throat, then tried to quietly peel off their boots and pull out multiple pieces of paper. There might have been a groan from the Court, but no one voiced more complaints than that.

"Alright, I see that we all have been quite busy, in our quest of defeating The Green Room beasts! First, Squire Vilnius (@Vilnius) has managed to become a Knight!"

The Commander went to shake their head, but tripped over their forgotten boots. With a slight shake of their head, they continued like nothing happened.

"Feel free to check in with us along your journey, and good luck.

The Training Knives being sharpened by Knight Vyper (@ShadowVyper) will have to go to new Squire LordMomo (@LordMomo). Complete ten battles against Green Room beasts, and then come back to the Hall to grant your reward!"

The Commander glanced with wide eyes at the page. "My apologies, we have yet another Knight to add to our ranks! Squire Andrew (@Andrewknorpp) has fought beasts for quite some time and has finally been declared a Knight! Good luck all new soldiers!

"Continuing on now, Knight Star (@starlitmind) has earned both her helmet and her horse! Please head over to Castle Grounds Consultant Perks to receive your new armor and gallant steed.

It appears that Knight Stormblessed (@Stormblessed242) has earned a sword, a shield, and a helmet! Don't forget, however, to please refer to your logs when claiming a reward, to allow for our Court members to easily keep track of your Green Room battles.

Knight Stellarjay (@Stellarjay) has also earned a shield, while Knight Vilinus has earned a sword! Hoorah for the new weapons!

"Marvelous work, everyone! Except the organization of all of this equipment may take a while, so please arrange yourself in a single fill line. My good soldier Captain of the Guard Jack (@CaptainJack) will be able to aid you in this endeavor.

"Good, golly, is that two different chests requests, I see?" The Commander turns to the Court. "Are there supposed to be two Knight Hardy (@HarryHardy) here?"

The Court shrugged.

"Well, I'll be. Knight Hardy, you have earned both your chest of silver and your chest of gold! Do good things with your new riches!"

Court Magician Alliyah (@alliyah) wrote down the extraordinary deed for the Court to eventually ponder over.

The Commander faced the rest of the Knights, whether they were collapsed on the floor, or waiting to receive their armor. "I would still like to announce that A Knight's Journey is still wanting for more Knights to join in on their storytelling and reminiscing. I hope to see you all there!

"With that, I must return to my own Green Room slayings, so I bid you all a fitting farewell! Huzzah!"

Random avatar

Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:56 pm
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

I had struck down 5 more Green Beasts! I was surprised at how fast that went. I stumbled into the Great Hall. "May I have my Helmet now? One more knock on the head and I'll be good as dead!"

4104 Reviews

Reviews: 4104
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:10 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

A doorway of darkness opens up after a long time. Knight Hardy steps out and breathes a massive sigh of relief.

"I just discovered this amidst by ongoing battle for a unicorn. It appears I have gotten ten consecutive reviews on A Fool's Bucket, so I believe I get a hamlet...not the play by Shakespeare."

He brings out a scroll and unfurls it.

With that done, Knight Hardy sits down on the floor to wait.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

Reviews: 1
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:52 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Commander was barely out the door before Knight Hardy (@HarryHardy) was back with a new request, Knight StellarJay (@Stellarjay) was standing ready with a report from the Green Room as well. (quick reminder: please link to your logs when you come to ask for new armor or complete a new challenge, this is more convenient.)

"Okay, what's going on now?"

Knight Hardy took out a map and drew a circle around a heavily forested area to the south of the Green Room and explained, "I've reviewed my records and I believe I'm ready for a Hamlet now. If it's possible I've had my eye on this territory."

The Commander looked over to Court Magician Alliyah who normally kept record of the outer unclaimed lands, and got a thumbs up in return. Court Magician Alliyah cleared her throat, "Ahem, well that area is available, but... it's ... pretty undeveloped, I'm pretty sure there aren't even any villagers, or citizens living there, just raccoons and opossums from what I've heard from the last Squire Scouting mission. It seems people are a bit afraid of how dark it is over there."

Knight Hardy grinned, "That's exactly why I want it! I consider myself The Prince of Darkness afterall, and I know there's some land there that'd be just perfect for a dark-roast coffee shop."

The Commander was a bit hesitant but didn't think they'd be able to get rid of the land any other way, "Okay Knight Hardy, you've got it, I expect you to report if there's any sightings of @ReviewBuddy though. That rascal raccoon has something of mine that I've been hoping to get back. Send us the name of your Hamlet when it's been decided and we'll add it to our map records." The Commander put a big green stamp on Hardy's logbook.

Next Knight StellarJay stepped forward, swaying slightly, "Commander I was just in the midst of reviewing when a great big tree branch fell on my head, I apologize if I'm a bit out of sorts, but would be much obliged to recieve a helmet at this time."

The Commander looking a bit alarmed, motioned senior knights @ShadowVyper and @Mea forward, "Can you help Jay over to the Knight's medic to make sure everything's alright, and grab a new helmet and some ice from the armory while you're at it? Congrats Knight StellarJay, we look forward to your return!"

"Now with all that business taken care of I have an announcement, I've very much enjoyed telling tales of battles and histories in the Library Room, with the KotGR SB but I've noticed our shelves are a bit... bare. I've commissioned the members of The Court to arrange for the gathering of more fine texts for our second shelf in the library! I hope all knights consider participating in the The Library Collection Contest !

Good luck in this second half of RevMo! May your swords stay sharp, and your reviewing stay true! Huzzah!"

311 Reviews

Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:19 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

@KotGRCommander, I am ready to claim my sword.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:04 pm
View Likes
Overwatchful says...

I am ready to claim my horse!
Stormblessed's Log
Quite... Overwatchful
Previously Stormblessed242 :mrgreen:

Random avatar

Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:13 pm
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

I rushed into the Great Hall, rain dripping down my cloak and creating a pool beneath me. "There was a Green Giant out there, been hiding in the brush for 8 years. He's dead now and won't be bothering us any longer!" I threw the disembodied head on the floor.
work/ToBeMe/The-Odd-One-Out-93666?c=698978#c698978

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:32 pm
View Likes
Rosewood says...

I've been here, (YWS), for almost two months, and I'm sure that I want to become a knight of the green room. What are the magic words? Oh yes...

I wish to become a knight!

(I know I must proceed to learn the Squire way first...)
.... - - .--. ... ---... -..-. -..-. .-- .-- .-- .-.-.- -.-- --- ..- - ..- -... . .-.-.- -.-. --- -- -..-. .-- .- - -.-. .... ..--.. ...- -...- -.. --.- .-- ....- .-- ----. .-- --. -..- -.-. --.-

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
— Martin Luther King Jr.