User avatar

LMJRayner

  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, Dramatic Re: Ace and Det -- Prolog

    You have a nice concept, somethings killing the animals and even the predators are scared of it. You do have a few grammar issues that I'm sure you'll iron out, ...

    Aug 25, 2013
  • Poetry » Romantic, Lyrical Re: Across the Sea

    This was actually quite fun to read. The quantity of rhyme throughout set the pace. I think keeping this rhythm is very important for poems like this. And some bits ...

    Aug 25, 2013
  • Poetry » General, General Re: A History of Nuclear Genocide

    This was very unique, it felt very organic as if you were watching this all happen in front of your eyes. My favourite line is :- "One thing comes careening ...

    Aug 25, 2013
  • Other » General, General Re: An Ode To Her

    Very relateable, the idea of her smile completely engulfing you and bringing you into her world was really good. Becoming intoxicated by her. The last two lines are brilliant as ...

    Aug 22, 2013
  • Poetry » General, Narrative Re: Deer, My Dearest

    Very well described, it gave a very stylistic image in my head about the deer and the huntsman, almost like a cartoon. This line :- "her each step a brush ...

    Aug 22, 2013
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Suffocating

    I really liked this poem, the words were all perfectly in place, the rhymes didn't seem forced which you see in a lot of poetry. The third stansa I liked ...

    Aug 20, 2013
  • Short Story » General, General Re: I Got A Stare

    I agree with the review below this, the style and nature of the words used, really read well as a poem, the lines :- "And that’s okay. I probably would ...

    Aug 20, 2013
  • Short Story » Health, General Re: She Is Not Hungry .

    Very heart felt and it shows in the writing, the ending was really strong as well :- "My daughter , Audrey , which means strength , had finally found peace ...

    Aug 16, 2013
  • Short Story » Humor, Other Re: When Life Gets Boring, Make Moon Cake.

    I liked it a lot, the characters came across very realistic and natural which is paramount when writing characters. I liked the way the whole thing was very meta, the ...

    Aug 16, 2013
  • Poetry » Horror, Narrative Re: A Suicidal Girl

    With the title 'A Suicidal Girl' you can guess what the poem entails. It's quite vivid, the description is focused on the blood and the red. I think that is ...

    Aug 15, 2013
  • Poetry » Historical Fiction, Dramatic Re: Africa

    The rhymes were very consistent throughout, maybe a slight edit to some of them. "As he nears the wilderness, thoughts of worry melt away, for he senses that something is ...

    Aug 15, 2013
  • Poetry » Romantic, Realistic Re: It's her.

    I think it's brilliant, the use of the crossed out lines really make this poem stand out. I like the way most of the conversation is between the main character ...

    Aug 15, 2013
  • Poetry » General, General Re: ​I see you

    I really like the use of language in this poem, the repetition of I see you is really pronounced. I really like the line 'Standing on the Delta' I think ...

    Aug 15, 2013
  • Short Story » Teen Fiction, Dramatic Re: Memories- Second draft

    It was interesting, a brief period in someones life that echoes so much emotion. I think however it would have been better to hold off before Alex sees the initials ...

    Aug 15, 2013
  • Poetry » Romantic, Dramatic Re: Rewritten

    This feels like a monologue, you are tripping over your own words as you speak because there's passion there and I like it like that. There is a theme throughout ...

    Aug 15, 2013


Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman