12+ Violence Mature Content

They met their end in 1978

by vampricone6783

*This story is underneath my folder titled “Zeze and Zuzu the clowns”.   It’s connected with my “Zeze and Zuzu” stories. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall. Enjoy!*

Emmeranne and Kieran were walking home from school, which meant that they had to walk past the abandoned clown house.

Upon seeing it, Emmeranne spoke up and said:

“It’s crazy to think of all the kids that come to that house. Remember Amabel and Corvina, five years ago on Halloween? They just walked right up to that house.”

She then pointed to the ramshackle house with the fading white paint, just a few houses down, seeming to leer at all of the other houses with its cracked windows.

Emmeranne could never understand for the life of her why kids her age didn’t listen to The Legend of Zeze and Zuzu. They were clowns, searching for the blood of children. That meant that no one was supposed to go to their house.

Yet, they didn’t listen and then they disappeared. If they had listened, they would still be alive.

“Perhaps they don’t take it seriously. I don’t believe in ghosts either.” Kieran said, shrugging.

“You don’t believe in ghosts? How can you not? You think that we just die and that’s it?” Emmeranne asked, shocked that her friend would say such a thing.

“That’s the truth, isn’t it? We only have our blood to keep us alive.” Kieran said.

Blood…blood! That was quite hilarious, Kieran was certainly one with jokes.

Emmeranne laughed, voice echoing throughout the empty streets. The other kids in their school didn’t have to walk past the clown house, they didn’t live near it all. It was just her and Kieran.

“You think that blood is the sole reason we’re alive? No, blood is what keeps our mortal bodies alive. Our energy and personality comes from our soul. When we die, if we can’t get to the afterlife, our ghosts linger in Earth. I know it.” Emmeranne said.

She knew it because her parents knew it and who were they to lie to her?

“I still don’t get it.” Kieran said.

“How about now?!” A high-pitched female’s voice asked from behind.

Emmeranne and Kieran jumped, startled at who was behind them.

A yellow-haired, pink-snake eyed, pink dress-wearing, grinning from ear to ear clown woman was standing behind them.

“The girl is right, me and my husband are dead and still here!” Zeze said brightly.

The kids turned to their right, hearts pumping with dread. They knew what they would see and they dreaded seeing it.

The clown house was right in front of them.

“You’ll be dead too! Come on, let’s say hello to Zuzu!” Zeze said.

Before they could even run, Zeze grabbed the collars of their shirts and dragged them to the house.

By the time someone stepped outside of their door to the sounds of their screams, they had already disappeared into the house and the person had dismissed it as the wind or a noise they imagined.

First Impression: This was quite a nice little story. I really loved how I managed to still get surprised despite managing to predict that ending the entire time. I think that's just very well done.

Well this is quite the start here. Love that we're already starting with some pretty serious things having gone down and that we also get a little acknowledgment of why someone would ever willingly end up going to a place with a history as cursed as this place is. Lovely place to start here.

Yet, they didn’t listen and then they disappeared. If they had listened, they would still be alive.

Ooooh I love that your earlier little question how someone could enter a cursed place is just immediately answered with this logic. It a bit of a subtle thing but it plugs up a potential plot hole and I love when its done in this fashion. Let's see what ends up happening to these two.

“I still don’t get it.” Kieran said.

Hmm well this is an interesting explanation. I don't think I've ever seen an actual justification for why ghosts are present in this particular universe before, so this is quite exciting information. I'm looking forward to seeing if we get some proof of this here.

Welp that happened quite fast. Even if I was expecting that it still managed to catch me off guard with just how quick that went down. Love that ending, just all the warnings being set up nicely before the ghosts appear and things fall apart exactly as you'd expect them to.

Overall: Overall another lovely tale. The explanation for the ghosts was quite an interesting moment I think, something I haven't see before and the way it was immediately proved too was very well done.

Kate

NadjaWasHere wrote a review...

Hi there! My name is Nadja and I'm going to review this awesome piece using the YWS S'more Method today!

Top Graham Cracker - What I Know

This small story really caught my eye! I haven't read your other stories about Zeze and Zuzu, but I will definitely take a look at them now. I really liked the kids point of view in this story, how they are discussing their beliefs about ghosts.

Slightly Burnt Marshmallow - Room for Improvements

So a bit of talk about improvements, please look over these lightly, and do not take them to heart if you do not think they fit!

I think you did a spelling mistake here:

"which made that they had to walk past the abandoned clown house."

Where you meant to type 'meant' instead of made? if not that's fine C:

Chocolate Bar - Highlights of the Piece

I really enjoyed the way you described Zeze here:

"A yellow-haired, pink-snake eyed, pink dress-wearing, grinning from ear to ear clown woman was standing behind them."

It really gave me a clear picture of who Zeze was and how she looks.

In this next part I really enjoyed how the children didn't notice that they ended up at the clown house they both dreaded so much.

"The kids turned to their right, hearts pumping with dread. They knew what they would see and they dreaded seeing it."

It seemed like their whole attention was on Zeze.

Closing Graham Cracker - Closing Thoughts

Overall this piece is amazing! I can really imagine the whole thing in my head, I feel this piece is very visual. I really enjoyed it and I'm eagerly waiting to read the other pieces!! anyway awesome story C:

Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for pointing that out.

Resistance is futile.
— The Borg