16+ Violence Mature Content

May 12th, 1962: The deaths of Hadrien and Drystan

by vampricone6783

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for violence and mature content.

*These characters connect to my stories about “Zeze and Zuzu the clowns.” You may check out stories that connect to this underneath my folder titled “Zeze and Zuzu the clowns”. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall. Enjoy!*

It was May 12th, 1962. The second Saturday of May, in fact.

Hadrien and Drystan lived next door to each other. The boys met when they could and delved in the most fun they could have.

There was not much to do on that Saturday except, of course, go to Zeze and Zuzu’s house, called “The clown house” by the neighborhood kids.

The legend said that Zeze and Zuzu were two clowns who performed in a theater troupe, until they mysteriously disappeared one day. There were rumors that Zeze’s friend killed them out of jealousy, but no one could be sure.

Their ghosts were said to haunt an abandoned, long lost house, along with the ghost of a young girl named Danika Whitmore, who went missing on September 1st, 1951.

The boys, having nothing to do with their time, decided to explore the abandoned house when their parents’ backs were turned.

Hadrien and Drystan walked through the dust-ridden house, coughing every now and then. Neither would admit it, but both felt the fear prickle on their backs, mocking them, challenging them.

In the corner of the living room, which they were still navigating through mildewed furniture, Hadrien thought that he saw a young, blue-eyed, bloody girl motion for them to leave, but she disappeared before Hadrien could point her out.

Maybe it was all in his imagination.

“Do you hear that?” Drystan asked softly.

At first, Hadrien didn’t hear anything.

But then, he heard the innocent sound of cheerful circus music, ringing throughout the house, getting closer…closer…

“New visitors! How marvelous!” A shrill, female voice squealed behind them.

The boys whipped their heads around, facing the yellow-haired, pink-eyed, green and teal party hat, pink-dress, blue and yellow striped tights, Mary Jane wearing, red nosed, grinning ear-to-ear clown.

“You’re…you’re…” Drystan was saying, but his words were lost inside of him.

“I’m Zeze the clown! That’s Zuzu over there!”

“What-“

“Hello there! So terribly sorry that I didn’t introduce myself earlier!” Zuzu said, popping up from behind and squeezing Hadrien. 

Zuzu turned Hadrien around to face him.

Zuzu was different from Zeze. His eyes were pure black, his hair was evergreen green, he wore a flower wreath on his head, donned with pink and purple roses, his overflowing coat was the same color as his hair, the bow on his neck was yellow, bright, lemon yellow, like Zeze’s hair, his pants were bubblegum pink, like the bows on his gray boots.

Both had red, circular noses. Both were clowns.

But Zuzu had a grim, cold nature to his smile that Hadrien could not seem to place.

“We’re so glad you decided to stop by!” Zeze said, taking hold of Drystan.

“Very glad.” Zuzu said.

The boys tried to fight their way out of their hold, but the clowns simply carried them to the darkness of the basement, which had more dust than upstairs and a strong scent of…

“What is that smell?” Drystan asked Hadrien.

“The body of Danika!” Zeze cheerfully replied.

Both boys wanted to hack their guts out upon hearing that, but there was no need.

When they got to the bottom, Zeze bonded Drystan’s arms to an armchair with miscellaneous scarves she found and slashed his body with various garden tools lying around.

Hadrien watched in horror as his friend gurgle-screamed, blood spewing out of his body and on the eager clown. How could anyone laugh at death? His childhood friend was becoming a gored skeleton before his very eyes and all he could do was watch.

“It’s you and me next, kid.” Zuzu said.

Hadrien gulped.

He didn’t want to die to a clown in a basement of an abandoned house, becoming another spooky story to tell on Halloween night.

But it appeared that he had no choice. When Zeze finished, Zuzu guided him to the chair and tied him up to the seat.

It was his decision to go to the house. His decision to explore it. His decision which lead to the pleading, dying eyes of his only friend.

Hadrien was in a horror of his own making.

Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:20 am
Mavraak wrote a review...

Hey!

So, I checked out this story, "The Clown House." Gotta say it was a wild ride! The whole atmosphere was super creepy and had me hooked from the start. The abandoned house, the mysterious disappearances, and those clowns—talk about a nightmare fuel combo.

The descriptions were seriously vivid, and I could practically feel the dust in the air and the tension building up. Zeze and Zuzu were some next-level creepy characters, especially Zuzu with that grim smile. Gave me the shivers, dude.

The twist with Danika's body in the basement? Totally unexpected. I mean, whoa! It took a dark turn, and I wasn't prepared for that level of intensity. The gory details added a gruesome touch that lingered in my mind.

Now, here's the thing—I loved the suspense and horror, but I kinda wish there was a bit more background on the characters. Like, why were Hadrien and Drystan so curious about the Clown House? It would've added some depth to their choices and made the whole thing even more chilling.

Also, the ending left me hanging a bit. I get the horror of Hadrien's realization, but I wanted a tad more resolution, you know? Maybe a hint at the aftermath or what happens next. It felt a bit abrupt.

Overall, though, it was a crazy, spine-tingling read. Your storytelling skills are on point, just maybe throw us a bone with a bit more character backstory and wrap things up a smidge. Can't wait to see what you come up with next—keep those spooky stories coming! 🎃👻

Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:54 am
Isbah wrote a review...

Hi! Isbah here for a review.
First of all, I have to ask, did the fact that it's the "second Saturday of May" have some kind of significance in the story? like, is it linked to some other thing that happened on the same date in another one of your stories?

Then there's this line, "Neither would admit it, but both felt the fear prickle on their backs, mocking them, challenging them." I guess this somehow makes me feel more like I'm on the side of the characters(?)

"In the corner of the living room, which they were still navigating through mildewed furniture, Hadrien thought that he saw a young, blue-eyed, bloody girl motion for them to leave, but she disappeared before Hadrien could point her out.

Maybe it was all in his imagination." I actually looked behind me when I read this.

"But then, he heard the innocent sound of cheerful circus music, ringing throughout the house, getting closer…closer…

“New visitors! How marvelous!” A shrill, female voice squealed behind them." Shivers down my spine.

Lastly, is it weird that I like Zuzu? He seems like the mysterious, good-guy-turned-bad kind of character. And his "grim, cold nature".

Yewis superiority!
— Several authors from the auspicious site.