I Thought they Knew Me

by WaltzingDreams

Nothing hurts as much,

When people act like

they know you.

When they have the wrong thought,

Wrapped around their heads when,

you cross their minds.

*

Will it be self doubt?

that will be

the gray in my sky?

Am I at fault or they?

Mirrors I'll dread.

Biluata wrote a review...

Hello there, Luata here to write a review. This review will of course, be focusing on the emotional aspect of the piece. I'm not sure if I have reviewed any of you other work before so I thought I would just give you a little bit of a warning. Sorry if I seem overly judgmental, this really is an excellent piece.

I am well aware that the way that someone reacts to someone else's writing is based almost entirely on experiences of the past from the reader, so the meaning gets muddled sometimes in the transition between author and reader. There is one line I am especially confused about, well not really confused, just. I have an idea of what you mean, but I would like to hear your explanation of it. The line that says, "Mirrors I'll dread" is that about dreading seeing the person that this poem is about, who that person had become, or even what that person is now, or what? I was just confused, I think the overall meaning of your poem could be altered/changed with the expansion of that line.

I really like the line, "When they have the wrong thought, wrapped around their heads when, you cross their minds." It is very good and packs quite a punch. I really like the way that you spaced it, it makes sense and makes it easier to read.

The overall meaning of this poem is relatively obvious but just enough obscurity of the meaning that the poem is still mysterious but understandable and the important thing is that you touched on a relatively touchy subject but you still managed to convey just the right emotions that a lot of people can connect with, and sometimes just certain lines carry a certain emotion different from the rest of the poem which may or may not cause the reader to connect only to that line. I'm not sure if that was done intentionally or just happened, but congratulations on a good work.

I am exciting to read more of your work.
-Luata

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:37 am
GLaDOS wrote a review...

Heyo, xJ here.

First off, thank you for your review on my poem, so I decided to review one of yours! Firstly, I loved this, so It's hard to find anything bad to say about it xD. A good thing from this is that It's relatable. When poems are relatable the authors get a connection with the audience. Very good ^.^

Another thing, you had very good spacing in this poem, good punctuation and capitalization. That's always something artists on here need to work on. No bad comments, I loved this.

May your travels through space and time be merry,

-xJ

Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:45 am
donizback says...

Just one word on this piece of yours!
Amazing.

Thou call'dst me a dog before thou hadst cause. But, since I am a dog, beware my fangs.
— Shylock, The Merchant of Venice