Home » Literary works » Poetry » Spiritual

belief, I go from

by UrbanNomad

The consent to belief
comes when

all opposing thoughts
are dismissed
infinitely.

I cannot
forgo
as you do.

lyssiekins wrote a review...

I definitely like the structure and brevity of your poetry. I don't really like the break between when and all opposing thoughts, its uncomfortable to read, weird little cliffhanger, but it gets the job done. Maybe if you took the word "all" out. Or if you switched around the paragraph to form:

All opposing thoughts
are infinitely
dismissed.

Its much more of a dismissal this way and although infinitely does make a firm point I think it flows better this way.

This poem really speaks to my spirit. I always am doubting my own beliefs and countering them. Its so hard to hold myself to one thought or way, because I know it can always be disproved.

"The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein