z

Young Writers Society



broken hymns, mysterious hues

by Storybraniac


Summertime blues in my white washed room 

Wipe off the blood from my paper cut 

I was writing a letter hope it never reaches you

And I'd feel so much better if I had something to do 

The nation cried, so the president lied

The rain came down half the population just died 

Can't believe we've been living a life we've been through

Yet I'd feel so much better if I had something to do

As the ones we've forgotten head out to see a mindless world

Down the roads they've come to know as home

Pain in their eyes from the withering sight

Of tomorrow's disaster, we're not getting any younger

Broken hymns, mysterious hues

Don't mind the blind man but his house rent is due

Today he'll be living the best of his days

Tomorrow he'll be jumping off Golden Gate


Rose coloured glasses for a world in black and blue

I'm dying inside, my friends are never online

Sunsets on rooftops

Life through window view

And I hope that someday we'll laugh at all we've been through 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 113
Reviews: 6

Donate
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:42 pm
View Likes
apricot wrote a review...



Hii, right to the point i loved this omg. from the beginning you gave me an idea of what emotion to except throughout reading this and it became more stronger and clearer reading on.The blind man part i think blind part man really set this idea in stone and the presidents lies to the nation i have a feeling its about the recent happenings on this pandemic. So im glad that this poem is making me think with a clear picture so its easier. I think what i really liked about this is you added a new point to each line which usually what writers do is repeat and talk about one thing or the same thing for each other line so this was really new for me reading and it lets me know from this small bit of a poem you have a lot to say and managed somehow to turn it into something expressive and short without it being chaotic. 10/10 from me lol.




Storybraniac says...


Thank you so much for the lovely review!



User avatar
311 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 311

Donate
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:54 pm
View Likes
Riverlight wrote a review...



Quite frankly, you aren't wrong-- assuming you're from America, at least. Given the way things are going, let's just say I've got a bag packed to walk to either Mexico or Canada-- depends which way is safer to go.

Though you don't have it marked as "realistic" or "politics" or anything like that, in this poem I see so many things that correlate with the Senate and Presidency at the moment. Their actions (and, in a number of cases, lack of action) have caused many disasters that could've been avoided, even with Covid.

This work is a sobering reminder that we're all going through the same thing, whether we're together (be that literally or figuratively) or not. In particular, the line that runs "Don't mind the blind man but his house rent is due" especially details what's happening all over the country.

There is a strong voice that I hear in this poem-- not of fear, not of desperation, but of [i[anger[/i], pure and righteous anger. That anger is the kind of anger we need to be seeing and using in our everyday lives.

I love this poem. With your permission, I'd like to link it to some friends.

Have a nice [*insert time of day*].




Storybraniac says...


Wow thank you so much for this well constructed review! I really get where you're coming from. With everything that's going on right now, the leaders really need to get themselves in check for the sake of the people.

By all means, go ahead and share it with your friends.
Thank you so much for the love.




Only the suppressed word is dangerous.
— Ludwig Borne