739 Miles

by LordTachanka

Do you ever feel like your heart is being crushed?

It's like being lied to, told everything's going to be ok even though it's not.

Struggling to breathe,

Tears cascading down your cheeks,

And all you need is a hug......but you can't have it.

No because the person you need that hug for live hundreds of miles away.

Cautiously you calm down.

Everything is going to be ok.

Slowly the tears dwindle.

Ugh!

Can't wait until I'm there with you.

Keep calm hon.

Sooner than you think I'll be there.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:57 pm
DeerInBacPac says...

Hello, E.E here for a possibly quick review and maybe some utter nonsense! Grim is here as well, drinking hot cocoa and being a slacker. *Grim looks over, glaring* So, lets get started. :smt020

So, the first thing I noticed is that a few places should have commas instead of periods. The lines "told everything's going to be ok", "No" and "Cautiously ". It flowed REALLY well and this is defintley your best work yet. Hope to see more poems like this as time goes on!

The meaning of the poem... well, I know what it means sooooo, yeah.

Overall, I loved the poem and keep up the good work! Happy Thanks- WAIT, MERRY CHRISTMAS, I CAN SAY THAT NOW! OR HAPPY HANUKA I really need to go now Grim has souls to reap and he needs more cocoa. He has a problem, seriously. Cheerio and fruit loops to you!

LordTachanka says...

Wait wait wait! This is my best poem yet!!!???? WHAT!?!??!

DeerInBacPac says...

Yes. For sure.

LordTachanka says...

Wow

DeerInBacPac says...

wow what?

LordTachanka says...

I'm just shocked that it's my best poem

DeerInBacPac says...

Oh.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:09 am
StuckOnEarth wrote a review...

Hi! Space here for a review!

I personally liked this poem, I know the pain of missing someone far away. It felt very real, with the exclamation point on "Ugh!" and "Keep calm hon". I also liked the two beginning sentences, so full of raw emotion it really captivates the reader (or at least, it did for me).

There were a few spelling errors, which I will list:
-*lives inside of "live" in the 6th sentence, plus adding a comma after "No" and before "because", and no "for". (If that's the sentence you were going for.)

-Maybe "okay" instead of "ok", because "ok" seems more like text-talk, if you know what I mean.

-The last sentence doesn't make much since in the place it's at. Maybe modify it a bit.

Welp, that's all.

Overall, it was a really pretty, heartfelt poem.

Great job!

-Space

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:08 am
Radrook wrote a review...

Thanks for sharing this poem. True, distance can very well cause a great suffering between people who love one another. The poem describes that sensation very well via creating a mood that conveys that emotion. I like the introduction, since it immediately got me involved in the poem via the use of the pronoun you which I assumed immediately was speaking to me as a reader personally.

However, the poem seems to shift when it suddenly reveals that the reader had been mistaken in assuming he was being addressed. In short, the use of the pronoun “you” at the start doesn’t refer to the the same “you” at the end. The “you” at the outset seems to be speaking directly to the reader. The “you” at the conclusion is clearly speaking to a “hon” in the distance. This gives the composition the feel of being truncated via some kind of POV discrepancy.

Another thing, why is the speaker uttering “Ugh!” right after mentioning that the person has calmed down? “Ugh!” is an expression if disgust. So I wondered why the speaker uses it at that point.

Suggestions

heart - cliche’
as if instead of like
OK not ok.
No[,]

the person you need that hug for live

“....the person you need that hug from lives ....”

Sooner than you think[,]

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:18 am
DeerInBacPac wrote a review...

I AM COPYING THIS AND PASTING IT ON PAPER AND FRAMING IT AND AHHHHHHH

This sucks. We need to collab on a poem hon. We really do. Like, do you realise how good that poem would be? WAIT NO THAT SOUNDS NARSASISTIC SCRAP THAT. But we really should collab.

Um, I didn't find much wrong with it and i cant properly review because i need to go to bed. Ummm, I am no just going to banter so that this is actually counts as a review so that I get points so that I can post more stuff and I think i am good now maybe? AND MY GRAMMAR THERE WOW.

LordTachanka says...

Wow just wow

DeerInBacPac says...

HAHA

LordTachanka says...

Are you gonna do a really review?

DeerInBacPac says...

uh yeah i'll do that now actually

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:00 am
LordTachanka says...

@Flumadiddle

DeerInBacPac says...

YES

Well, the only way to start is by starting
— AvantCoffee