Your First Pain

by EllieMae

Chapter 2- Your First Pain

Don't cry

My little love

Your first pain awaits you

You will be torn between two homes

The comfort you once knew will be gone

But know that this pain is okay

It will make you into who you are to become

You are loved by mommy

And daddy

You are safe

It may be scary

But someday you will feel loved

Someday you will all be friends

Someday you will be able to smile at them both

And hug each other tightly

Brave girl

You are strong enough

To handle this

Don't hide your tears

Never blame yourself

I love you

OrabellaAvenue wrote a review...

Hi there! Orabella again, here with a short review. :D

Do I detect some underrated poetry here? Well, I guess I wouldn't say underrated. Everyone knows Ellie is one of the best poets of all time. But it's a shame this didn't get many reviews because golly this is as beautiful as the others! I've been reading your poetry a lot in my free time and many tears have been shed for them. (How do you do that?? I'm actually crying right now) Seeing everything you create and everything you've been through that you tell through them inspires me, and I hope I can write poetry that touches others' hearts like yours have done to me, and to be as kind to others as you have been to me. ^^

I can't say I'm great at interpreting poems, but to me, this feels like it could be a person telling their little sibling what will probably happen to them in the future, although the first thought I got from this was someone talking to their past self. Maybe like a letter to yourself in the past, and what you would've said to them. How things will happen, and how it will be okay. Whatever the meaning, it's so beautiful and so heartwarming, it's actually making me cry.

My favorite lines are these:

Don't hide your tears

Never blame yourself

I love you

To anyone, these would be comforting lines, but I get the feeling they have more meaning to the author (you!) than a reader may realize. I don't really know what the story behind them is, or the full story behind your poems, but I don't need to, and I think that's part of what makes them so beautiful. The way you don't need to know the context behind them to fully understand them, and the way they are so relatable to anyone who reads them, regardless of identity or history or anything. They're so incredibly beautiful and vulnerable, and we're so lucky that you shared them with us. Thank you, by the way. :)

Every time I read this (and I've already read this multiple times), it just gains more and more meaning. I think I liked the work a while ago, because when I went to like it I saw it already had. So, you can count that as two likes from me, because I don't remember doing it the first time, and yet I still loved it! You perfectly captured the comforting tone I think you were going for, and I'll definitely be thinking of this poem for a while.

Thank you for sharing all your poetry with us! If it was some secret plot to make random people on the internet cry, well, you've surely succeeded! Please have a spectacular day/night, and keep writing!

Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:15 am
Nicarose wrote a review...

Hiya Ellie,

I noticed a significant difference in tone between this poem and the first one. This poem is a tender and touching message of comfort and courage for a child in need.

The poem addresses a child who is going through a difficult situation, possibly a divorce or a separation of their parents.

The poem acknowledges the pain and the fear that the child is feeling, but also reassures them that they are loved and safe.

The poem offers a hopeful vision of the future, where the child will be able to heal and have a positive relationship with both parents.

The poem also encourages the child to be brave and strong, and to express their feelings without guilt or shame.

Wish you have a nice day (or night)!

You cannot understand and disagree.
— P. D. Ouspensky