Home » Literary works » Poetry » Lyrical

Freeze Frame

by Duskglimmer

Freeze Frame
Hold it right here
Don't push play just yet
Let's just sit here a moment
Let's just wait a moment

Freeze Frame
It's good right here
Everything's perfect right now
Let's just stop for a moment
Let's just be for a moment

Because right here
Right now
Everything's okay
Nobody's talking
Nobody's watching
Nobody's ruining this for us
It's just the two of us
Freeze Frame

Freeze Frame
Leave it right here
Don't make us move on
Let's just smile for a moment
Let's just sit for a moment

Freeze Frame

Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:28 am
YuNgWrItEr wrote a review...

Hey! Your poem is certainly very insightful. It's also very catchy. But it seems more like a song than a poem. I also wish to stop time and stay forever in one memorable moment for eternity. The second stanza stands out the most to me. Other stanzas seem a bit repeated but this one speaks the most. Overall I'd say that this a perfect poem. I loved reading it. So good job and keep writing great :)

Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:40 am
VioletFantasy wrote a review...

VioletFantasy here to give you a review. This poem is really catchy! I think it could work as a poem or even a song. It’s very relatable too. I am constantly wishing that I could stop time and just stay in one moment forever. Alas, time keeps moving. How rude.

Freeze Frame
It's good right here
Everything's perfect right now
Let's just stop for a moment
Let's just be for a moment

This was my favorite stanza out of the poem. All of the stanzas are very similar, but this one spoke to me the most. This is probably because it talks about how that specific moment is perfect.

Your poem repeats quite a lot, but I like it! The repetition gives it a unique structure and flow. This is also why it is so catchy.

I don’t have any criticism, so good job! Keep writing! :)

Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:59 pm
hekategirl says...

This sounded like a song to me too, a very nice song too. It seems like a better song then poem actually. But it was very nice.

Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:19 pm
Firestarter wrote a review...

This to me sounded like a song. And a good song at that. Perhaps it was the repetiton that brought me to that conclusion. Although, saying that, I thorughly enjoyed reading this. It was so simple...it just put into words the capturing of that unforgettable moment, that special time you always want to stay with you, and I was touched, truly. I don't have an crit, because it doesn't seem the sort of poem you can just change like that, you've described exactly what it feels like.

gonna be honest, i dont believe in the moon
— sheyren