This isn't revenge, it's love

by Ciblio

I really like how you walked into my heart so easily. Like the wind, you swept in so quickly, so unexpectedly.

I couldn't see how you did it, how you were so slick and full of caution, yet, you let nothing get to you. You let nothing stop you from stealing my heart away.

Then you left so quickly, just as quick as you came in, and you left me to be alone and to defend myself from this terrible world that I could certainly not handle by myself.

I tried to fill in the void, the empty spot in my heart, the craving for you. Your smile, touch, I wanted, no, I needed you. And you weren't there.

But I convinced myself you'd be back. You'd appear suddenly, and we'd be together. I wouldn't have to feel that emptiness that filled me when you were gone.

But you didn't come back. You were gone. Gone for good, and I couldn't help but feel abandoned. I couldn't help but feel alone in this wretched world, without you by my side to protect me from what I didn't want to see.

I was left to fight for myself, against things that were new to me. Like society, and people, and everything that could possibly corrupt a pure soul.

I am not pure anymore. All of the sorrow, hatred, and evil got to me within time, leaving me with nothing but small piece of myself.

I have been to hell and back, I have battled against the world, and I have lost. I have lost everything. My dignity, mind, heart, all of it. Because of you.

I've grown to hate you. I didn't realize it before, but now that I can finally see clearly, through the hate and evilness in the world, I can see right through the lies.

You used me so you could break me, right? You got my hopes up, and made me feel safe, you made me love you, and when the time was perfect, you left me, knowing what would happen, knowing that I wouldn't be able to survive without you.

But I proved you wrong. I proved to the world that there is at least one who will not go down. I will fight, and fight, until there is nothing left of me. I will go in honor.

I will find you, and when I do, I will make you love me like I loved you. I will be more powerful, and I will make you feel safe. I will make you think that I don't know what you did to me. I will nurse you back to health, and make you worth something. And when the time it right, I will drop you.

I will leave you all alone in the world that has become more cruel with time, I will leave you in the middle of the night, when you're loving me the most, and I will let you die.

I will let society destroy whatever humanity you have left, whatever I brought to you, I will let it fade away until you are nothing but a speck on the ground that won't need a second look. All because you didn't love me when I loved you.

I will do the same thing to you, but it will be worse, because you won't pull through. What happened to me, won't happen to you. Worse will come to you.

I will let you see the pureness that I protected with my life. The last bit of good in this awful world, but you will not touch it, for it is the last precious thing that I have, because I am a survivor, and I will not give you what you want, because of the fact that a low life man came in, and corrupted me, with all of his evilness that he lied about.

But I will tell you as you're lying on the ground, dying, begging for me to give you another chance. I will let you know one last thing, one thing that I am both proud of, and disappointed about. I will tell you, the man that destroyed me and everything that I was, everything that I could have been, and everything that I was going to be. The man who I loved and thought loved me, the man that lied about everything. The man whose lips could not tell a single true thing. I will tell you, dear, that I love you, and everything about you. How cold-hearted you were, are, and I will let a single tear escape as the last three words you will ever speak slip through your lips, “I love you.”

Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:50 pm
Josie98 wrote a review...

Hey!

So here to write a review! :) Which you made very hard! Honestly there is nothing here that I would suggest you change! You have done a wonderful job!

It came across broken but at the same time strong. Like because of the brokenness she was made strong! You really hit that perfectly!

I have never gone through what you could call a true break up! On the other hand, I have had a very close friend leave! I know how it feels, when I was reading this I felt like you had been reading my mind during that time!

It was like you took all my emotions and put them in words. Words I was never able to write! You did a great job! Its hard to come across broken yet strong! You did it great!!!

Ciblio says...

Thanks, Jo! :D

Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:15 am
EscapeToNeverland wrote a review...

0-0

Hi, it's Neverland here to review. 0-0

I don't know how I can review this, but here goes.

I absolutely loved this piece. So much!! The beginning, the story and the ending! Everything about it was so beautiful! It had the feel of a short story, and the emotion and, for lack of a better word, connection of a poem.

Though despite that I did find something I didn't really, again for lack of a better word, agree with...

"Then you left so quickly, just as quick as you came in, and you left me to be alone and to defend myself from this terrible world that I could certainly not handle by myself."
As much as I like this line I think it would read better if you used another metaphor, but that's just my opinion.

Also @Rascalover said:
"Your smile, touch, I wanted- no, I needed you. And you weren't there. (I think any time you have a sentence that starts with a conjunction you should try to rewrite it as a conjunction or take out the conjunction completely. Also, I think the - after wanted would work better as a comma.)"

I myself also have to agree with this, but over all everything you do to this piece is up to you.

Now onto the piece its self. I don't know what it was about it, but there was something, that made it easy to relate to. I think it might be the fear I have, the fear that this will happen to me. But, honestly, I'm not to sure if it is that.

I loved the title. When I was reading it I could see the love, but I could also humour with the title, because even though it is revenge, it isn't really. Loved it.

Overall I can't get over this piece!! Definitely liking this!! Thank you for posting this piece, it's amazing, it truly it is!!

I look forward to reading more of your work and can't wait to seeing another piece of yours in the Greenroom, until then,
~Neverland.

Ciblio says...

Thank you so much!

You're very welcome

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:28 am
Rascalover wrote a review...

Hi!

This was a very interesting piece, and I am a sucker for romantic readings,happy ending or not. Here are a few things I wanted to point out to strengthen your writing:

I really like how you walked into my heart so easily. Like the wind, you swept in so quickly, so unexpectedly. (This is a very captivating first line, great job!)

I couldn't see how you did it, how you were so slick and full of caution, yet you let nothing get to you. (This is a perfect example of using a conjunction correction with the comma after caution and a lower case y in yet. See next comment for more instruction)

So quickly, just as quick as you came in. And you left me to be alone. (This would read better as a conjunction rather than two separate sentences. (Conjunctions are a comma followed by any of the following words for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so.)

But, then you left. (This would read better without the word But)

To defend myself from this terrible world, that I could certainly not handle by myself. (This isn't a complete sentence because there is no verb. What are you going to do to defend yourself?)

Your smile, touch, I wanted- no, I needed you. And you weren't there. (I think any time you have a sentence that starts with a conjunction you should try to rewrite it as a conjunction or take out the conjunction completely. Also, I think the - after wanted would work better as a comma.)

Though, you didn't come back. (The word though doesn't make any sense in this sentence; try reading it without the word though and see what you think.)

I was left to fight for myself, against things that were new to me. Like society, and people, and everything that could possibly corrupt a pure soul. (The second sentence isn't a complete sentence because there is no verb. Perhaps you could replace the period after me with a comma and use a lower case l in the word like.)

I am not pure anymore. (what makes you not pure any more?)

I have been to hell and back, I have battled against the world, and I have lost. I have lost everything. My dignity, mind, heart, all of it. Because of you. (Are these all suppose to be fragments? I really like the way this section reads, but could you try making them into complete sentences, or do you think that would disrupt the flow of this piece? I like the way this reads so fast paced, and maybe that is because you use fragments.)

I've grown to hate you. I didn't realize it before, but now that I can finally see clearly, through the hate and evilness in the world, I can see right through the lies. (I like how all the corruption gave you something good, the ability to clearly see through all the evilness.)

You used me so you could break me, right? (Should there be a comma after You used me?)

Made me feel safe, made me love you, and when the time was perfect, you left me, knowing what would happen. Knowing that I wouldn't be able to survive without you. (All fragments.)

I will find you, and when I do, I will make you love me like I loved you. I will be more powerful, and I will make you feel safe. I will make you think that I don't know what you did to me. I will nurse you back to health, and make you worth something. And when the time it right, I will drop you. (I like this idea of using love as revenge.)

I will leave you all alone in the world that has become more cruel with time, I will leave you in the middle of the night, when you're loving me the most, and I will let you die. (This section of writing is very powerful, great job!)

The ending is very powerful because your character ultimately still loves the person who destroyed her!
this was a fantastic read; keep on chugging and writing!
xoxo,
Rascalover

Ciblio says...

Thanks! I tried my best to correct everything you mentioned. <3

Rascalover says...

Awesome! You did a fantastic job!

Ciblio says...

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights