z

Young Writers Society



Sentiments of Woe

by AutoPilot


The first day I woke up, remembering that you were finally mine

I was ecstatic, thoughts raced faster than the wind

The second, I fell lower than the depths of hell

Why? You may ask

Will, it's simple

I knew that every heartfelt paragraph, full of bared truth

While it may at present bring you incomprehensible joy

In the future would bring only sadness, disappointment, and embarrassment

I knew someday, when you were no longer mine to hold

That you would open those screenshots and cringe

You'd laugh them off and those personal sentiments

Would become ashes in your heart

The leftovers of a spark that once burned brighter than a thousand stars


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 191
Reviews: 16

Donate
Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:57 pm
View Likes
ItsYsaaa wrote a review...



Hello!!

First and foremost, thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful piece. It captured the very core of my soul. To be honest, your poem brought me to different places and corners that I never knew even existed (which is so cool by the way.)

I could feel that every word written was heartfelt, which made me recall the moments I have experienced, which are closely related to those situations you've mentioned in the poem.

To add strength to your work, you may still add more situations and images :) Nonetheless, I really loved your poem. It is something I'll always look forward to reading.

Continue to write more of these!!




AutoPilot says...


Thank you so much for all the support and encouragement, it means a lot!



User avatar
18 Reviews


Points: 25
Reviews: 18

Donate
Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:02 am
View Likes
Capa002 wrote a review...



Hey, thank you for sharing this poem and I'll try to do my best at reviewing it.
I loved the heartbreak and hurt feelings portrayed in the poem, it really touches the reader. I think it's a fabulous poem but to improve, maybe you could split it into two stanzas,the first one exploring the "ecstatic" feelings and the second exploring the sadder feelings.
My favourite line was the last by the way.
Thanks and I hope this was a good review.




AutoPilot says...


Thank you so much!

Your review is good, it identifies both positive notes a uses constructive criticism, great job!




For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
— Audrey Hepburn