z

Young Writers Society

Got stories?

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:21 pm
View Likes
LowKey says...

My reviews can be varied in depth and length, but the formula for predicting it is simple. The longer your piece, the more in depth your review will be! That said, however, I shall endeavor to do your piece justice, no matter its length. I will always give you my thoughts on a given piece, and will occasionally pick out grammar errors. As I’m not much of a grammar freak, however, expect more of the former.

Basically? I’m an idea person. What are your characters like, how’s the plot structure, is this interesting, should this be rephrased to flow better, what do I think about this, etc. I’ve included a variety of my reviews (various lengths and depths) to give you an idea as to my style. I can be nice or mean upon request, but the default is what you see in my samples. :)

Rule

Only two pieces at a time, please. I will try to get to the others if you post more (hey, more reviews for me) but don't expect it. Preferably, wait for me to do your first two pieces, then post again with the next two.

What I do:
    Fiction in general
    Sci-fi
    Fantasy
    Romance
    Essays (flow, style – not a grammar freak)
    Art and Photography
    Other (Stuff in the 'other' section)
    Advance critiques

What I can do, but would rather not:
    Nonfiction
    Fan fiction (chances are, I don't know the show/book, so it'd be up to you for me to know the situation.)

No-no’s:
    Poetry
    Lyrics
    Historical Fiction

To-do:

topic40923.html
topic40419.html
topic41006.html

Done:

[url=http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic40935.html]Amaranthime Ch. 1.2[/url
Amaranthime Ch. 1.1
Adicting Poison
Midsummer Night's Dream part 2
Chapter 1 – The Queen
Light and Darkness Part 1
How I killed Mona Leef
Chapter 2 – The city
Guess?
Misery Business
Midsummer’s Night Dream
Chapter 3 – The Disease
Seven Months Later
Mutts – Part 1
Five Heart Shaped Necklaces
Five Heart Shaped Necklaces Part 1
Pre Chapter 1
Five Heart Shaped Necklaces Part 2
Five Heart Shaped Necklaces Part 3

In return?

Nothing! But if I've given you a good crit, or you're just a nice person, it would touch my heart and fill my soul with joy if you would shred this. Of course, you don't have to review it, but it'd make me very, very happy if you did.
Last edited by LowKey on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:02 am, edited 10 times in total.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:40 pm
View Likes
cooldude19967 says...

Hello Dreamer! I was wondering if you would take the time to help me by reviewing my script (or at least 1 section of it, all 6 are a bit much to ask). I know that not many people do the genre because they think they have to review a script differently, but I figured scince you've already reveiwed 1 part of it you might be willing to help me out with another. I appreciated your reveiw. So how about it? It's called A Midsummer Night's Dream (Parts 1-6 at this point), but I'm trying to find a better title. And is there anything that you would like in return? I'd be happy to help you out, if I can. Thank so much for the help. I really appreciate it.
1. topic38726.html
2. topic38905.html
3. topic39124.html
4. topic39967.html
5. topic40408.html
6. topic40630.html
Ready and willing to rip your work to shreds! (That is if you want it) Check out my "will review for food" thread.

topic42969.html

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:57 pm
View Likes
Night Mistress says...

hey Dreamer,

can you review this for me?

topic40437.html

thanks.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Random avatar

Reviews: 150
Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:56 pm
200397 says...

hey Dreamer. I'd appreciate it if you could review these for me:

topic40934.html

topic40935.html

Thanks a bunch. :D

~Sunny

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:26 am
View Likes
LowKey says...

Cool dude-- Got you taken care of. 200, you're up next. Sorry I've been away. Had a mess of things going on over here, so was limited in my critting powers.

Night -- You're good.

Got my new computer all set up, so advance critiques are open.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:50 am
View Likes
niccy_v says...

Hmm I really hate to do this to you...

Stepping Into Static [you do romance/fantasy? good!]

2 - topic40419.html
3 - topic41006.html

You might want to look at ( topic40209.html ) chapter 1 to keep up, but I'm not going to tell you it's a must, because I seriously doubt you can't catch up lol I don't need a review. Serious (and you say only post 2 pieces, so 2/3 are those 2 pieces).

I will give you points. And 'Shred This' is in the shredding machine!
Writing gives my life purpose

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:45 pm
View Likes
Maki-Chan says...

well I really need my third chapter to be reviewed. Its not really important to know what "Silent Hill" is, even though its a fanfiction. All you need to know is that "Silent Hill" is a town that people's worst fears take shape.

topic40923.html

If you need to know what is happening Beth is looking for her missing sister. Right now she is currently in Silent Hill, with Sera. Sera is a really nice person who wants to help Beth, however Beth hates Sera.

prologue- Beth has a dream that her sister disappears, and it comes true

ch1- 4 years later Beth (18 years old) thinks about the past, and how no one really looked for her sister (Alex). Sera makes her appearance. Its highschool graduation day, and Beth leaves her hometown (Ashfield) and heads to Silent hill to find her sister. (Since she got a note in Alex's handwriting saying "Silent Hill").

ch2- Beth's car brakes down, and she has a strange dream. After she wakes up, Beth hitchhikes, and surprisingly Sera appears and offers her a ride. When they are driving Beth falls asleep, and has a nightmare.

ch3- topic40923.html

please review it *Begs*
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:10 am
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries, if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

In any free society, the conflict between social conformity and individual liberty is permanent, unresolvable, and necessary.
— Kathleen Norris