Ghosted

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Ghosted

Arium is like other high fantasy, D&D-esque worlds. It has magic, a healthy dose of chaos, and plenty of adventures. But it also has something else: it's the place that people occasionally end up after they die on Earth. For them, Arium is a second chance. And no matter if you came from Earth or were born on Arium, you'll always have a special magical power.

But something's wrong on Arium. It doesn't get a lot of dead people at any given time, but there's even less than usual. For the last seventeen years no one has ended up on Arium after they died. To make matters worse, no one can get in contact with Arium's god or the most recent chosen one.

Meanwhile, on Earth, Van Sullivan just moved back home to childhood town. It has his favorite graveyard, his favorite set of ghosts no one else can see and his childhood best friend Rosalind "Rosie" Grey.

But Rosie is different now. She's no longer able to brush off the ghosts Van sees as his imaginary friends, no longer likes hanging out at the graveyard her dad is the caretaker for, and is dating one of the most popular boys in the entire school district. She doesn't even like going by Rosie anymore.

If the year couldn't get any worse, their school bus gets into an accident on the way to school one morning. Instead of becoming one of the ghosts he's always talked to, Van finds himself on Arium - with a strange power unlike anything he's ever seen.

Van's supposedly the new chosen one because of his sudden arrival and chillness with the dead, but the job comes with very little perks. Armed with his strange power, a questionable narration style, an amnesiac ghost named Temp, and Rose's boyfriend Theo, Van's going to have to track down a missing god and find out what happened to the last chosen one.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:07 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Chapters

mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Want to find out what Ghosted character you would be? Come take the uquiz to find out! All you have to do is enter your username and the password NaNo2020 to take it~

And if you want much more frequent updates than I what I post in this thread, come check out Ghosted's club!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 04, 2021 8:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

After scrolling through writer Twitter and going for a walk around the neighborhood, I was suddenly hit with the urge to rewrite Ghosted's description!

Here's a brand new (and much shorter) blurb~

What happens after you die? After seeing ghosts his entire life, Van Sullivan thought he knew the answer. But when he's killed in a car accident shortly after returning to his childhood town, Van doesn't become a ghost. Instead, he ends up on a strange, magical world. To make things worse? He's supposed to be this world's new chosen one.

Armed with a strange power, an amnesiac ghost named Temp, and his ex-best friend's boyfriend Theo, Van has to track down his missing god and deal with his creepy cult. But throughout it all, there's one question he's dying to know: why would anyone want a god that abandoned them for twenty years?
mage

queer and here.

If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson