User avatar

jessiethought

jessiethought

  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, Narrative Re: Asenath:Tears on the Sand Chapter 3

    Yet again, great job. This is a short chapter, but I don't mind that at all. We really, really see how cold and proud Asenath has become in this chapter, ...

    Aug 31, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, Narrative Re: Asenath:Tears on the Sand Chapter 2

    Hello! I am back to review your second chapter (I'm trying to work my way through your novel to be of the most help to you. But it might take ...

    Aug 31, 2014
  • Poetry » General, General Re: 7 Ways to Reach the Moon (Pt. 5)

    Hey, great job here writing about Cyrano's feelings and struggle. The rhyme in this poem is pretty good. For a little while it confused me, until I saw the pattern. ...

    Aug 31, 2014
  • Other » Realistic, General Re: Against the Blizzard

    Hey, this is really good story. Great job! I only notice a few things that could be improved here. First of all, the verb tenses throughout the story are a ...

    Aug 31, 2014
  • Other » General, General Re: ...

    Nice. I like what you've done here. The Shakespeare allusions and rose imagery really works in this poem. You said to be gentle--and I don't have very many suggestions, anyway, ...

    Aug 27, 2014
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: A Day In The Memories Of Summer

    Hey, great work here! Missing summer and not wanting it to end is a common theme for pretty much all of us on YWS right now! I only have a ...

    Aug 24, 2014
  • Poetry » Lyrical, Culture Re: Foolish Fella's

    Okay, so this is pretty good. Nice work! For the most part, the rhyme is good. (Most rhyming poems these days are either cliche or horribly rhymed, but I dind't ...

    Aug 24, 2014
  • Poetry » Realistic, Politics Re: so many shadows

    This poem is very good, full of powerful emotion and powerful imagery. Now that I read your response to Vivian, I understand your subject more. (I support Israel, but the ...

    Aug 24, 2014
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: there is predicted precipitation this evening

    Excellent poem! Your lack of punctuation is perfect--I think punctuation would distract from the language and meaning of this poem. I only have two suggestions. she would ignore earthly callings ...

    Aug 23, 2014
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Small-town twilight

    Wow. This poem is beautiful, with lovely language, excellent metaphors, and clear, evocative imagery. In fact, this reminds me of the poetry of one of my favorite poets, Ted Kooser. ...

    Aug 21, 2014
  • Poetry » Narrative, Lyrical Re: everything i touch, like cracks in a screen

    The flow and emotion of this poem is excellent. Great imagery throughout! The voice of your narrator is coming through crystal clear, and, although some reviewers have said that the ...

    Aug 20, 2014
  • Poetry » Health, Narrative Re: Sanity in a Bottle

    Whew. Definitely a heavy poem. Emotionally gripping. This poem made me catch my breath. I only have a few suggestions for this poem; it's very good. Your grammar and spelling ...

    Aug 20, 2014
  • Poetry » Mystery / Suspense, Teen Fiction Re: Excrutiating Agony

    Good poem! It definitely gives a lot of astute imagery for "excruciating pain!" You wrote this for English? Your English teacher's probably glad to find a good poem among the ...

    Aug 20, 2014
  • Short Story » Narrative, Other Re: We Took Our Coffee Differently

    Wow. Just... wow. Thank you for this wonderful story... full of pain and sadness and hope mixed. Those are the best kinds of stories. Your POV fits the story--this story ...

    Aug 19, 2014
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Romantic Re: Love Poem No. 4

    Hello! Your first two lines are absolutely lovely. The metaphor is simple and understated, with clear but evocative language, and the idea of "movements aligned" is excellent. As a girl, ...

    Aug 19, 2014


guys i ate too much chicken and now im afraid i might give birth to a chicken
— hop