User avatar

Eveningstar

Eveningstar

  • Poetry » General, Teen Fiction Re: Bilingual

    Hi there! All I can say about this is that the metaphor use in this poem is absolutely brilliant! Each line is very evocative and paints a picture before the ...

    Nov 7, 2014
  • Short Story » Dramatic, Realistic Re: A New Sunrise

    Hi there, and welcome to YWS! I hope you'll like it here. Ok, so I hadn't planned to do anymore reviews today, but your work was very intriguing, and from ...

    Nov 5, 2014
  • Lyrics » General, General Re: Closet

    Hi Rose! I'm here to review your lyrics. This is a very heartrending depiction of what soul-crushing despair must feel like. To be so depressed and hopeless you literally can't ...

    Nov 5, 2014
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Lyrical Re: It's Him

    Hi Cards! I'm here to review your poem. The imagery of this poem is really very well done! You portray the narrator's emotions, her feelings of sadness, jealousy, helplessness as ...

    Nov 4, 2014
  • Poetry » Spiritual, General Re: The Call

    Hi Shauzer! I'm Eveningstar, and I'm here to review your poem. Firstly, let me divide this poem into its elements. To begin with, I must tell you that your control ...

    Nov 2, 2014
  • Short Story » Realistic, General Re: Monday

    Wow! A personification of Monday. To start off, I should say that that is a really novel topic, one I would never have come up with myself! So for coming ...

    Oct 30, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Horror, Fantasy Re: 30 days part 1 (Improved)

    Hi there! I'm Eveningstar and I'm here to review your chapter. The overall concept was interesting, and the ending left me pining for more. I desperately wanted to know what ...

    Oct 29, 2014
  • Poetry » Realistic, Dramatic Re: Love you, not loved.

    Hi there! This poem is quite amazing, and extremely touching! It was a pleasure to read, though in a heartbreaking kind of way. Now for the review. Firstly let me ...

    Oct 29, 2014
  • Short Story » Romantic, Narrative Re: It's Called Observation

    Ok, first things first. I absolutely loved the subtlety and nuance with which you described the two protagonists of your story. At first we get to see the girl as ...

    Oct 28, 2014
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Old Glory

    This is a post apocalyptic, 'Look on my works ye mighty...' kind of declaration of the human race's past achievements, from what I could tell. It paints a vivid picture ...

    Oct 27, 2014
  • Poetry » Narrative, Lyrical Re: Wolf and Sky

    To say that this is a lovely poem would be an understatement! The imagery in this poem, of the lone wolf walking along the deserted forest path, taking comfort in ...

    Oct 26, 2014
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Enslaved

    The descriptions of the poet's emotions are quite breathtaking! The heat and passion evident throughout the poem, the atmosphere of almost desperate longing, are quite remarkable indeed! The only thin

    Oct 26, 2014
  • Poetry » Realistic, Narrative Re: Morning Breeze

    The best thing about this poem is the lovely imagery of peace and tranquility. The words are well chosen and the poem flows quite smoothly, painting a soothing picture of ...

    Oct 26, 2014


People ask if I ever experience writer's block and I just have to laugh... that's my default position.
— Aaron Sorkin