User avatar

DomTheDumb

  • Short Story » Literature, General Re: Here I await

    Right off the bat, I must wonder if this does not work better as a poem... but as it stands, it's not bad! However, the lyricality of it almost undermines ...

    Sep 5
  • Short Story » Dramatic, Fantasy Re: Hades' Depression

    First off; the atmosphere, tension, and mood of the piece is immediately palpable. That is an exceptionally difficult thing to do, and you've nailed it. Literally with the first sentence, ...

    Sep 3
  • Short Story » Fantasy, Horror Re: Sevenmile

    Read through it. It was thoroughly enjoyable and engaging throughout, and it kinda reminded me of Mitch Albom's writing style - which is exceptionally high praise. Maybe I'm not the ...

    Aug 31
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Literature Re: Nenye and her Oranges

    Hi, Lion. I hope you'll forgive me if I'm harsh - I value honesty, and I just want to help writers get better. So, let's start with the positives! First ...

    Aug 31
  • Short Story » Supernatural, Other Re: Lolanthe’s origin: The Laurence family’s deepest woes

    Hey Creeper! I'm going to be honest with you from the start. This piece has very good bones, very, very good bones - but the writing lets it down, unfortunately. ...

    Aug 25
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Realistic Re: Harmony is a dream

    Hello! Read through this and, I have to say, I have very mixed feelings. While I think you manage to convey your emotions extremely well, the writing itself misses the ...

    Aug 25
  • Novel / Chapter » Fanfiction, Action / Adventure Re: Indominus Prime:The Genesis

    Yo, Ryn. I'll be straight up: right now, this isn't enough to review PROPERLY. But these are just my thoughts based off what is on page: Some time ago, there ...

    Aug 22
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Action / Adventure Re: The Mutt Archives

    NOTE: I'm definitely not the target audience for story and characters, so I won't bother with those. Hey Adelaide! An interesting read, with some good bits and some bad. But, ...

    Aug 22
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Romantic Re: Chapter 2 "BA"

    Note: I saw this chapter in the Green Room, and I've now read the one preceding as well (i.e. chapter 1); therefore this is really a review of both at ...

    Aug 21
  • Poetry » Health, Narrative Re: panic attack

    Literary/experiential descriptors of panic attacks have become more common, to the point of banal, on the internet over the past decade or so. Most of the time, I wouldn't even ...

    Aug 21
  • Short Story » Fantasy, Mystery / Suspense Re: Thoughts of Something Bad

    Hello! This has been an interesting read. Not bad, exactly - quite good in parts, in fact. That being said, I don't think I'm going to be very critical as ...

    Aug 21
  • Short Story » Other, General Re: The Portrait.

    Hey Pinko! First things first - I can 100% see the vision, and I think you've made a commendable effort in trying to realise it. But, you've fallen prey to ...

    Aug 21


Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
— Albert Einstein