User avatar

Archer

  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, Mystery / Suspense Re: Days of Gold Gone By: Ep.Ten

    You have a very distinctive style of writing, which is a great thing. I started reading this thinking to myself that this serial sounded very familiar, and then I remembered ...

    Dec 5, 2013
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Ronald Raevsky is a painter and creative expressionist

    I'm guessing this is an essay for school? It's a good short essay, but I would've liked to hear more about his work and the techniques he uses. You do ...

    Dec 5, 2013
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, Mystery / Suspense Re: Beneath the Ground

    Hi Blackwood! I don't know if I've ever read something that long before that's written in only the second person perspective. It made it a lot more interesting to read, ...

    Dec 2, 2013
  • Article / Essay » Review, Satire Re: Cheap Reviews

    If you're going to be mocking the reviews of others, you should probably make sure your own are at least above the standard you're claiming to uphold. This article struck ...

    Dec 2, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Narrative, General Re: Reality.

    Since this is a spoiler, I'm guessing this is supposed to be like the back cover of a book. That is, you're trying to rope the reader in with an ...

    Dec 1, 2013
  • Poetry » Romantic, Lyrical Re: I Wish I Was Him

    Hi EmmVeePi! There are a few lines in here that I really like. Two lines in particular that caught my eye were: You were the one that got away, Still ...

    Dec 1, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Change Starts With Action Chapters 1 and 2

    Just as a suggestion, you may want to change the genre categories from "General / General" to something like "Non-fiction / Spiritual." I'm guessing there are a lot of people ...

    Dec 1, 2013
  • Poetry » Literature, Review Re: Better times ahead

    The poem actually sounds rather nice. The flow is good, and none of the rhyming seemed all that forced except for "here" and "hears." I also really like the interruption ...

    Dec 1, 2013
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Realistic Re: Time And Time Again

    Very melancholy! Unfortunately, I think a lot of people can relate to this. I like the repetition of "time and time again." It serves as a good vehicle to reinforce ...

    Nov 29, 2013
  • Poetry » General, General Re: Locked up

    Interesting poem. I'll get to the poem itself in a moment, but a few things caught my eye first: one that i'll never forget. The capitalized 'I' could be intentional ...

    Nov 29, 2013
  • Poetry » Realistic, General Re: Paper Cranes

    I like this. The repetition of "paper cranes" could get grating, but I think you make it work fine. I also particularly like the steady progression within the poem. In ...

    Nov 27, 2013
  • Short Story » Romantic, Dramatic Re: Teardrops On My Guitar

    Not exactly the biggest fan of Taylor Swift myself, but I do enjoy mash-ups (mixing together a song and a story)! However, I think you should probably leave a quick ...

    Nov 27, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, Fantasy Re: Beautiful Beast (Chapter 2)

    Your writing style is quite polished! I thought the dialogue was well done, and I really like how Liam has such a distinctive way of talking. I also especially like ...

    Nov 27, 2013
  • Poetry » Spiritual, Teen Fiction Re: Angel Wings

    So I really like how your avatar complements this piece! It's an interesting poem, but it lacks emotion. Reading what you posted in response to another reviewer, I think what ...

    Nov 27, 2013
  • Poetry » General, General Re: The Legacy of a Man's Words (a sestina)

    I'll be upfront and say that I have never read a sestina that I like! The structure just seems so arbitrary and it sounds so forced that I can never ...

    Nov 26, 2013


It's been many years since I had such an exemplary vegetable.
— Mr Collins, Pride and Prejudice