12+ Violence Mature Content

Siren’s Desire-Part Seven

by vampricone6783

*This is part seven of my series “Siren’s Desire”. This story will be underneath my folder titled “Siren’s Desire”. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall. Enjoy!*

Lorelei and Israfel couldn’t believe it. They were in the vast, dark cave, but no one was there.

She felt the water slightly rise to her chest. Were they already too late? Was the world already flooding?

In front of them were the decaying bodies of Elvira and Isadora, decaying away together, sisters united. If it weren’t for the circumstances, Lorelei would have admired the sight.

One of the skeletons was in a burgundy dress, the other wore a black one. Both had flowing blond hair and flowing skirts. The one in burgundy appeared to have a sweet demeanor, one that would have attracted people, while the other had a gaping hole on her stomach that revealed a sharp set of waiting teeth.

“Isadora had a lover and Elvira was a freak.” Israfel sang in his otherworldly melody.

“You take Elvira and I take Isadora?” Lorelei asked.

Israfel nodded.

Why did she ever fear anything in the first place? Did she need the help of Cutesy Pig? Wasn’t she just fine with Israfel?

Lorelei took hold of the skeleton in the burgundy dress, while Israfel took the skeleton in the black dress.

This is easy…too easy. This whole thing has been too easy. Aren’t they the witch sisters? Aren’t they going to fight us? Aren’t they-

“RhIaN!” Isadora called out in a rasping, guttural voice.

Lorelei tried to let go, but Isadora held on, her bony claws digging into her soft skin, drawing blood from her arms.

Isadora stared at her longingly with her eye sockets. Lorelei could hear Israfel struggling with Elvira’s grip, but Lorelei was just as helpless as him.

“FiNd…rHiAn…mY…lOvE…” Isadora croaked.

That was when she pulled Lorelei into the water, the rush of salt and blood running through Lorelei’s ears, nose, and mouth.

……………………………………………………

As they sunk deeper and deeper, a creaky song escaped Isadora’s mouth:

“Rhian, my sweetheart Prince

Rhian, the one who held me close

Rhian, the one who would never let me go

He could keep me safe

Protect me for years

Oh Israfel, why!

Why couldn’t he leave us be?

Why did he let us die?

Only with Rhian I’ll lie

Deny me, and your life will be right on the line”

The way her skeletal claws dug into Lorelei’s arms told her that Isadora wasn’t joking.

……………………………………………………

When the waves had ceased to rock, Lorelei found herself on an island, but the water was on the sand like a liquid mirror surface. It wasn’t much, but it was the sign of a flood to come.

Isadora clasped her hand, the flies from her rotting skin crawling on Lorelei’s hand. Lorelei tried to yank away, but Isadora wouldn’t let her.

What about Israfel? Isadora had taken her to where Rhian was buried, but what did Elvira do to him? Was he even alive? From what Israfel told her, Elvira wasn’t the merciful type, and she had a mouth on her stomach.

Lorelei was on an island with a skeleton, Israfel was gone, and…

Oh god, what of her family back at Moon’s Beach?

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
— Bill Nye