12+ Violence Mature Content

Ryan’s story-Clowns,Magic,Murder and Lies

by vampricone6783

*This is the last story I’ll be posting for my “Clowns,Magic,Murder and Lies” series.Then,I’m doing other stories.I have Gacha Club character designs on my wall.Ryan is a minor character but I made a story for him anyway. Please enjoy.

Once there was a thirteen year old boy named Ryan Blackrose who just didn't understand his older sister,Hayley.

Hayley always dreamed and had this faraway look on her face,like she was unhappy with her life.

Why?

Why couldn't she just be content?

Why couldn't she just...hang out with him more?

This hollowness,this loneliness of knowing he couldn't figure out his older sister...troubled him to his core.

Would Ryan ever know or understand someone he's lived with years again?

Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:15 am

Why?

Why couldn't she just be content?

Oooh that's a connection I do recognize there with Hayley. That's a pretty interesting little look here towards how Ryan managed to fare. This one though I feel like is a little more bare than it should be. I get that judging from everything here it looks like Ryan really didn't have much happening to him in life and possibly even doesn't have that much of an involvement in the story. But this piece here feels a little too short.

We get to see Ryan's feelings on the matter of Hayley and how that drove him places but not quite. I feel like we could do with a little more emotion on Ryan's and perhaps more hints at what exactly this emotion ended up driving him to. Once again its a lovely little premise that we start with for how Ryan fared but I feel like you don't end up going nearly far enough in terms of telling us about Ryan and as a result this piece ends up feeling a little complete.

So overall, another lovely start here, but I think you could stand to tell us just a little bit more about Ryan because given just how much you've developed some other characters I refuse to believe this is all Ryan ever does.

RandomTalks wrote a review...

RandomTalks here with a short review!

I have been so inconsistent in reviewing your works that I still cannot pinpoint where each of the characters fit. So I always view them as individuals, and since you mostly post origin stories, it is rather easy to follow even if we have know prior knowledge about who is related to who.

I think I am familiar enough with your writing style now. Its a little sporadic and vague, but exciting at the same time because of the way you develop the plot. In this story, I felt like we were missing the plot or the string of actions or rather tragedy that always befalls your characters. Like, Horisun said, it felt like a vague outline of the story you wanted to present, rather than the story itself.

That said, we have a rather solid character here and we recognize the conflict presented in his story at once - his inability to connect or form a relationship with his sister. I like how we focus on his psyche and the emotional vulnerability of the character. It might not make for the most exciting of plots, but we have a bigger theme here and one that is much more relatable. We can also sense the insecurity in the character and his obvious desire to understand and befriend his sister. The question he poses at the very end shows how deeply this disconnection from his sister actually disturbs him and how it has grown into an insecurity that makes him question his relationship with the other people in his life.

I feel like if you had expanded on this theme or perhaps shown us glimpses of the brother-sister relationship through dialogues and interactions, we would have been able to connect with the characters on a much deeper level. Maybe include a scene where Ryan tries to connect with his sister but his attempt is rejected and cast aside like always. You could use his disappointment to help us better understand the emotional impact of this dismissal, and maybe the interaction between them could help us understand Hayley as a character as well.

That's all!

Keep writing and have a great day!

Horisun wrote a review...

Hello! I hope you're having a wonderful day or night!
This was a rather short story, though brimmed with lots of potential. I've noticed that with a lot of your stories, you tend to format them more like a poem then an actual narrative. I would suggest, instead of;
"Sentence one.
Sentence two."
You could have;
"Hayley always dreamed and had this faraway look on her face, like she was unhappy with her life. Why couldn't she just be more content?" As is, it can become jarring for readers, having your sentences broken up as they are.
I also notice you do a lot of telling over showing. I apologize for the cliched advice, but it is an essential aspect of almost all creative writing. What you have here almost feels like the summary of a story, over one actually told. I would recommend including more dialogue and action.
Regardless of all that, this concept is extremely interesting. Your characters have never failed to draw me into the story you're telling. They are memorable, they are fun, and they are tragic. You're very good at planning out a story, and if you fleshed out particular moments just a tad more, you'd really, really be onto something! So keep on writing, and have a great day!

When one is highly alert to language, then nearly everything begs to be a poem.
— James Tate