And the dream comes true.........not chapter:3

by siyasingh

“Umm, hi I guess?” i said. The guy who called himself David spoke up, “do you remember what happened Kiara?”. “No” I replied truthfully. Again awkward silence. Then the Spanish looking guy said with a very bored tone, “that must mean that she has gone through the transformation”. ‘What are they talking about’ I thought to myself. I wondered what I should say and then finally I did the smart thing. I asked them, “What happened? To me, to that room I was sleeping in, and why is my shirt soaked with blood?” “I have answers for that” replied David and continued speaking, “Follow me please.” I did as he said since he was my only source of information. This was all so weird and I was hardly able to register this simple and awkward conversation we had. He opened the door through which I had come in and looked back at the Spanish guy and almost ordered him, “you better be coming Travis.” Travis had an amused look on his face as he said, “no thanks, I prefer being here. I don’t like it when people cry because it is just so over dramatic.” David shot him a glare and said, “Well, thank you my good for nothing best friend”.

He led me into the room I had woken up in and then opened a trapdoor in the floor I hadn’t noticed and said, “you first” he obliged and jumped in and I went after him. The room below was dark and guess what I could see everything…in the dark…and my vision wasn’t even thermal…so cool….and creepy.

“Why can I see everything?” I blurted out. David just said, “you ask to many questions and went to a box that looked like the first computer ever made and switched that ‘thing’ on. He put up a video and told me to sit and watch it. I did as he said. In the video Nick and I were sitting on our couch and my mom said, “You both are tutores and I am very sorry” and then she stabbed nick in the heart and I remembered everything that happened in that tiny second.

Oh my god…. I started hyperventilating, I couldn’t believe what had happened and then something clicked in my mind and with a lot of expectation I said, “my crazy mother stabbed me too and I think I am alive does that mean that even Nick is” David had a sad look on his face as he replied, “no Kiara. I am sorry but your brother didn’t pass the test. He is dead”

Those words repeated themselves in my mind and with a loud thud I fell down.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:28 am
Mysticalxx wrote a review...

Hi! I liked this chapter as you're improving your punctuation. :) However, one thing you need to do now is to write each person's speech in seperate paragraphs. I mean, you write all the dialogue one after another, which isn't the right way. I suggest you break it down into paragraphs.
Also, when David told Kiara "sadly" that her brother was dead, I think you need to add more drama, more empathy there, instead of just outrightly saying that "no, he's dead'. Sorry if I seem harsh, I honestly don't mean to be. I'm just hoping you''ll become a great author. :D

Keep it up!

Mysticalxx

siyasingh says...

Hey its okay you were not harsh. I will try to improve.

Evander wrote a review...

Hello, Siya! Never fear, Adrian is here to review another chapter of your wonderful story. As I have said before, I do have the tendency to be harsh, bla bla bla. Onward with the review!

I most say that you are doing way better with the paragraphs now! There are a few mistakes, but this is now spread out into four very readable paragraphs. :P So, Kiara fainted. I wonder where she will wake up, and what will be explained in the next chapter. Because this is intriguing. There is something about guardian angels that still needs to be explained, also the 'where exactly is she' part as well. :P Of course, hopefully that will all be gotten to in good time.

There needs to be a paragraph break each time someone new speaks, otherwise will get very confusing and very hard to read later on. So, here is a sample conversation.

"Let's run away." He said.

"Are you sure? What about our parents--"

"Ash, I said we are going to run away."

She gave a sigh, "Alright."

Not the best example, but I think that gets most of my point across. :P

I'm not really sure what happened in this chapter. Kiara was led into this room, and forced to watch her Mom kill her little brother. The only piece of beneficial information is that Nick did not pass a test. However, nothing about a test has been said before hand, so I am interested. It has to be difficult, at least for seven year old. But what is the test for exactly?

This chapter is very emotional, although, there could be a lot more emotion to it. (As in more things to describe the emotion. While some things are mentioned in the passing, a lot more attention could be paid to them.) We have all these brief descriptions of things, and nothing in full. As a reader, we need that to continue on. Like, the words repeated themselves in her head. So what? How fast the the thoughts spin, how speedily did her heart beat? Was she still aware of her surroundings? What was the exact feeling of loss running through her head?

The room was dark, and it was cool. So what? What was in the dark, what makes us want to know that the darkness was cool? That Kiara seeing in the dark was creepy? What does everything mean in the context of 'everything'? Can she see the molecules in the air, the heat radiating off bodies, or is it just what she normally sees, only it looks like she is looking through night vision goggles? Just some things to think about.

Anyways, that's what I noted about the chapter. I do hope that you will keep on writing and keep on posting!

~Adrian

siyasingh says...

Thanks adrian. Yes, things will be explained somewhere in the later chapter. The reason i am not able to explain everything is that some people get bored if you become to descriptive and also because i am kind of busy these days. Thank you. Keep reviewing.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:25 am
BellaRoma wrote a review...

Bella here again! I shall be the first to review this lovely new chapter.... I guess that means I'm following your story.
Once again, I need to praise you for making such an interesting piece. This chapter appears distinctly longer than the others, but that's good.
So, I've noticed a few other quibbles about dialogue. Don't worry, these are easy mistakes to make, and some of the quickest to fix. You had a lot of conversation in this chapter, which was a little awkward to follow (as in who said what, not that the whole thing didn't make sense).
When you directly address someone, you must put a comma before their name. Like this:

"How are you, Siya?"

Don't forget the line break with every new speaker. If everyone speaks at once, unseperated, then what we have is a jumble, and no clue who's talking. In terms of readers, it's imperative that they can follow the dialogue, particularly in a chapter such as this, where there is important information in there.
The last thing I'll say is, be careful with dialogue tags. For example, this line was confusing:

noticed and said, “you first” he obliged...

Was the second tag (obliged) meant to be the start of a new sentence? Play around with that to clear it up.
Other than that, I like your characters and the way the plot is turning out. I'd love to learn more about these mysterious angel folk, and what a tutore is. The twist about the test, and her brother failing was brilliant!
I think that's all. Can't wait for chapter four!

siyasingh says...

Wow! that was quite a review thanks

BellaRoma says...

Thank you for sharing this story.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:30 am
siyasingh says...

i am so sorry that this chapter in not good at all but i could not understand how things should work out in this chapter. so sorry but please still like, review, follow and like. :-)

The world is your oyster. Well, it’s my oyster, but you can have some of it.
— Feltrix