Ten Reasons Why Nate Is Afraid Of Lampposts

by Tuesday

Reason Number One: They would jump out in front of him, on the curbs ready for attack when Nate goes for walks. 

Reason Number Two: He is from another planet. This planet was attacked by lampposts and he moved to Earth. Also, lampposts are the common enemy of chimps.

Reason Number Three: Because the lampposts can raise one eyebrow and Nate cannot.

Reason Number Four: Because they have longer names.

Reason Number Five: They’re hard to fit into Nate’s closet/dresser thing of despair.

Reason Number Six: How tall is Nate? A lamppost is taller.

Reason Number Seven: Because Nateia is not the same as Narnia.

Reason Number Eight: Lamppost are immortal.

Reason Number Nine: They light up the world when it is dark. (Nate likes the dark)

Reason Number Ten: Because why not? Have you seen one? They are everywhere! 

Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:53 am
Que wrote a review...

Hi Blaspherica!!
This is such an entertaining piece. ^-^ It seems pretty random, but I sure like it!

Just two little things in here:
In reason number three, you capitalize lampposts and you don't do that anywhere else.
In reason number eight, lamppost is just used singularly, and I thought that was cool that lamppost can be like deer, but I noticed its plural in other reasons.

Anyway, that was all I had to say. I like reason nine because Nate likes the dark. XD Actually, I liked them all. This is hilarious!! Please write more poetry, this was amazing!!

-Falco

Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:48 pm
carbonCore says...

Why?

Blaspherica says...

why not

Pundit says...

They are everywhere temporally, too. Remember Narnia?

Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:59 pm

Awesome. Reason number ten is so true.

Pundit says...

Whoops. The Narnia comment was supposed to be here.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:08 pm
Mcbucketts says...

I thought the whole thing was funny. My favorite is the second reason because hey it could happen. LOL . Also I like the contrast of reason 9. Keep on writing and think outside the box! :)

Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:18 am
EternalRain says...

Ehehehe. Reason Seven is my favorite.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:49 am
speakerskat says...

Hey there !

This was just very funny and reminded me of my boyfriends sense of humor. Really cute XD

speakerskat says...

Ex-boyfriend**

Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:43 pm
RagingLive wrote a review...

Hola, hola, me Wal-Marting dahling! RagingLive here - what gave it away? - to review you poem!!!

First of all, who can say funny?! (And if that fact wasn't obvious, please ask your doctor about a CAT scan for your funny bone, as it might be broken.)

Reason Number One: They jump out in front of him on his normal routine walks around the local park. Poor fellow.

Call me nitpicky, babe, but who is the poor fellow? I assume that it's Nate, but still, could you elaborate just a few words more as to why? Do they jump out in from of him and scare him? Or do they trip him? Or chase him?

Reason Number Two: He is from another planet. This planet was attacked by lamppost and he moved to Earth. Also lampposts are the common enemy of chimps.

Since you've been referring to lampposts in plural form, it was a little confusing when you said that it was 'attacked by lamppost' because it makes it sound like it should be capitalized as someone's name. Also, the 'also' on the last sentence should have a comma after it. ;)

Reason Number Three:Because the Lampposts can raise one eyebrow and Nate cannot?

I think you want a space after the colon so that it matches the other reasons. Also, the question mark at the end mad the sentence sound unsure and I think that it would be funnier if it was a statement instead of a question. It's really up to you, though.

This one was my favorite, though I'm not completely sure why! :D

This was really good, Marty, I really liked it!
Keep writing and keep on smiling!! :D
~RagingLive

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote