Broken !

by TZH

I tried my level best to the bestest

To keep everything right and the bond alive

I tried my best to the bestest

To keep my emotions at heart and strive

But every time and still I remember you in time

And I will always regret this

Because for me this relation is priceless

When we were together

We had awesome time.

Then, what was the need to split and fight?

Why did we indulge in blame game?

Why was it important to prove who was right?

I had many dreams with hopes which you’d let go

But I didn’t really know

I had a confidence that our bond was best and no one can come in between us

I always had faith in our bond as strongest

But the fire and steam of misunderstanding came in between

Hope it is as strong as I thought

I never want to have grudge against you

You left me without clue.

Now I am BROKEN

I don’t trust.

Elijah wrote a review...

Only some things I thought of correcting if it is right:
I tried my level /good to the best/

I tried my best to the/ best/

To keep my emotions at heart and strive

I had a confidence that our bond was /the/ best and no one /could/ come in between us

I always had faith in our bond as /the/ strongest

Hope it is as strong as I thought

I never want to have grudge against you

You left me without /a/ clue.

Now I am BROKEN

I don’t trust.

Over all the work is with feelings of sadness but it is really good also!
Good job.

TZH says...

Thank you

Elijah says...

Welcome.

TZH says...

:-)

PusheenTheCat wrote a review...

I like the way you started it out because right now I don't know what I am reading from other people but from you I can understand.

Also you are a good writer and I think that if you tried hard enough you could be one of the best writers on the YWS and that is saying a lot because I don't say this a lot but I understand what you are saying in your writing and if you do deride on writing another poem tell me because I would love to read it and write another review because I like you writing.

FROM,
THECATSLOVER12345

TZH says...

I am glad you like it. Honoured though. Blessings :-)

TZH says...

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:41 am
DivergentDemigod wrote a review...

Hey THZ,

well that thing you wrote up there was definitely something.
I really loed it. I mean yeah its sad and everything but at the sametime it was freaking awesome.
You know what i believe DOUBT is the biggest enemy of mankind. it always ruins everything.
and hey is "bestest" really a word i mean yeah i got the sentiment with which you used it, not that I'm against using it or something, but just curious.
Anyway i liked the the way you described your feelings over the relationship.
"Now I am BROKEN
I don’t trust"
here in the last line i guess you should add "you". so it would be like
"Now I am BROKEN
I don’t trust you"
The rest I guess is good and requires no editing.
overall a great poem with amazing words.

great job!keep on writing!
Fangirl~

TZH says...

Thank you so much . I am glad you like and I'll keep in mind what you suggested so that next time it'll be better. Stay blessed!

your most welcome. and thanx for the blessings :)

TZH says...

Always welcome :-)

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:05 am

Hullo and welcome to the site!

Line-by-line

1. I think you could have a more interesting title. There have probably been hundreds of poems called Broken and your title is sometimes the only thing a reader will look at before deciding whether to read the whole poem or not. I usually choose that way but this week I'm looking for stuff written by new people so you're in luck ;)

Something a little more interesting might be fragmented or you could go with something like 'The Broken house on the left' which immediately has a sense of mystery about it (though that might fit better with a slightly more abstract poem). You can always try using an online thesaurus to see what other options there might be.

2.

I tried my level best to be the bestest
<< The sentence doesn't make much sense without it. I can see that line three is the same as well so it seems to have been done on purpose but it makes the lines difficult to read because the reader expects the extra word to be there. It's too close to the common phrase.

3.
To keep my emotions at heart and strive
This feels like you've chosen the word strive simply to fit in with the rhyme scheme because you're basically saying I tried my best to keep my emotions at heart and try. It would actually read less forced as 'To keep my emotions at heart I tried' and the half rhyme would be fun.

4.
This line is a bit awkward. People don't really use the word relation in this way and it feels jarring. I'd suggest maybe connection would be smoother or it might be fun to weave some other imagery into your poem. Perhaps you could go for a modern spin and describe the relationship as if it were two computers being joined. Like 'Because for me this network is endless/ our two screens pumping/ data back and forth like beating hearts.'

At the moment your words are very literal and that's a good early level of poetry and sometimes being minimalist works well, especially when dealing with the subjects of death or war. However, when the theme is love you have to do something new because everyone has written about love before, especially lost love and it needs to stand out from the crowd.

5.
I never want to have a grudge against you
Some of your lines are very fragmented so maybe try reading through and check you're not missing words. They read a bit awkwardly at the moment. I skimmed by a few earlier but it seems to be a recurring issue.
You left me without a clue.

This poem's too simple and not interesting enough for me to be honest. The two people in it could be anyone - we know only very brief details about them - that they were together and then had communication issues and both blamed the other and then they broke up. We don't know any of the specific details like what they fought over or why they were so good together before - what hobbies they both enjoyed etc. It's the personal details in poems and the strong imagery which make them stay with you. Like I always remember this one poem called the Laboratory which was about a man who had done the persona wrong so she was going to the apothecary to buy some poison to kill him and you found out a lot about their relationship just in her conversation with the guy at the apothecary about what the best way to poison him would be. She talked about how he was dancing with other girls and things like that. It also had a really good rhythm and rhyme scheme from what I remember. Maybe check it out? I found a link here: http://coplandenglish.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... wning.html

Best of luck with this!

~Heather

TZH says...

Thank you so much ! I'll try to overcome these errors and write as you suggested. Stay blessed

Rydia says...

No problem and keep writing, you've got a good knowledge for how a poem should flow so I'm sure you'll get there!

Every time someone steps up and says who they are, the world becomes a better, more interesting place.
— Captain Raymond Holt