CLICK

by Mooilky

I’ve been feeling off,

like a light switch kicked back.

Seemingly, I’ve developed a knack

for talking over all the things I lack.

If I say who I am,

you’ve gotta believe me!

Otherwise, who’s in the mirror

always glancing to see?

In windows and spoons,

sunsets and moons,

that face like a bare soul

sticky stuck to the bottom of my heel.

Peel through to the center of the earth.

Birth somebody a little more comfortable in their tectonic plates.

Honesty is difficult for me.

I cling to the closest lies, truth by proxy.

Double negatives, gotta be positive.

Right?

But I’ve been feeling off lately.

Maybe it’s time to recharge the battery.

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:29 am
Super wrote a review...

It is so good . I like the fact that you are so honest. And it is also Something like what i am going through . And it is nice to know that some one else is like me and that is so good. You should be a New York times best seller by now you are one of the best so far . Just keep trying and you should know that u should never stop writing and always write when u feel like it that is what I do. I helps I love when it says "Double Negatives gotta be positive." And i also like it when it says " Its time to recharge the battery." So good work ok. Alwayus keep writing and dream on .

Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:51 pm

I liked this poem,it was fun to read.Maybe this person feels lost about who they are and what their purpose in life is.They want to be positive and happy,but can only appear so on the surface,because it’s too much for them,life is like that sometimes.But you just have to keep pushing on,no matter what.I hope you have a wonderful day/night.

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
— Dr. Seuss