z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The Most Complex Poem

by MeAndMyThoughts


Life.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 10
Reviews: 16

Donate
Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:12 am
AngelBunnyroll wrote a review...



I was about to ask if this was an oxymoron but I saw that this was already answered. On another note, I like this. In all true honesty Life is complex and just saying that simple little world could be so very vague but explain an entire library of words to someone. I like how you made it an oxymoron, I really enjoy oxymoron poetry and using life as an example is a very nice one.




User avatar
3821 Reviews


Points: 3891
Reviews: 3821

Donate
Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:14 am
Snoink wrote a review...



I'm not sure what angle you're going with this poem... it's so short, it's hard to tell, quite honestly! Still, it seems kind of like you're being darkly sarcastic, which gives it a quite humorous (in a dark way) and non-serious tilt, especially when you juxtapose the long title with it. I'm not sure that sort of effect was intended though, especially given your comments! Anyway, just something to look out for.



Random avatar


The title and content are oxymoron. People write a lot about life, but I want to tell that it's something too complex to understand. But I have done it through simple means, by using few words. I wanted readers to flash their own life in their mind after reading this, and to have a smile while realizing all the humour, sarcasm and not to forget, the truth. I also wanted to show that how a single word can be powerful.



Random avatar

Points: 200
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:27 am



So short, yet able to completely state the thought. I liked how you have used the title of the poem.



Random avatar


Thanks!



User avatar
12 Reviews


Points: 724
Reviews: 12

Donate
Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:28 pm
reneehope wrote a review...



I actually really like this. I can see this being in poetry book in the middle or something. It gives me a clue onto the type of person you are, and that makes me very very happy. I like knowing my authors.
Anyways my only suggestion is that you have something like:
Life

and

*something also complex as heck*

I just think it would be cool because then it's a compound poem/sentence thing and also it becomes "the most complex" because all of a sudden there's TWO large issues sitting on the page.
But I thought this was really good and powerful the way it was, so either way I think, go for it.



Random avatar


Thanks. But I didn't get that line between *...*. I just believe that Life is complicated and complex. Not the same pieces fit in everyone's life. Hope you enjoyed it.



ghost223 says...


In between the **
Was "Something else complex as heck"



User avatar
377 Reviews


Points: 119
Reviews: 377

Donate
Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:47 pm
Snazzy wrote a review...



Hello, and welcome to YWS! I hope you enjoy it here! :D So I have reviewed maybe one or two pieces like this, and although I am not too good at it, I'll try my best!

The content isn't much, but it's good enough. I say "good enough" because I realize this is supposed to be funny, yet true at the same time (or at least that's what I got from it). You could've elaborated, but you didn't. Sometimes words can be powerful enough to stand alone, but it's hard for them to do that without other words to 'lean on'. (However, I do think that this is a really good idea that can be elaborated on.)

I think you could classify this as humor though. It's kind of like an oxymoron - the title suggests this might be an incredibly long, deep, and bursting with feelings piece, when in fact it is bursting with feelings, but in the simplest of ways.

Those things being said, the title is good, but I would like to see a more powerful word used in place of "complex". Of course, nothing is wrong with the title, but I think by substituting it in with another word like "intricate", you could "show more". When I think of complex, I think of a math problem, or something school related. When I think of intricate, I think of something elaborate, with twists and turns and unknown things. (And I equate life with the second word.) It's kind of like "mad", and "fuming". When I think of mad, I think of a schoolgirl who dropped her books, and is mad that she has to pick them up again. When I think of fuming, I think of a man who was just rear-ended, and his insurance won't cover the damage or something. Word choice is very important, even in a short, fun work like this.

Anyway, I wish I could have been more helpful with this review! Keep writing!

~Snazzy



Random avatar


Thanks so much! I will try to find a better word. Its just that my vocabulary is weak.



User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 1343
Reviews: 56

Donate
Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:38 pm
View Likes



beautiful imagery here. quite gorey, i might add. very dark.



Random avatar


Thanks.



ghost223 says...


Was that sarcasm? I couldnt tell





Lol. Yep


Random avatar


Life is so dark sometimes, you can't even escape from it through light.




The only person I know for certain I am better than is the person I used to be.
— CandyWizard