Home » Literary works » Poetry » Humor

Poem

by Liberty500

I have a poem to do.
I've no idea whatta do!
My mind is blank,
and so's my paper.
My paper is screaming,
and so am I!

*

I hafta enter a poem,
but I haven't.
Why, you say?
Because my mind is gray...

*

Oh my goodness!
I'm so full of sureness...
That this poem will win!

*

Just kidding.

GabiSmithMyers wrote a review...

Hi. I can relate. I have to write a poem for school and have this terrible writers block (which apparently isn't a good excuse to give a teacher if why you simply cannot turn in your assignment on time). My favorite line has to be
"I hafta enter a poem,
but I haven't.
Why, you say?
Because my mind is gray..."

I love the imagery behind it, of when you can't think your mind turns to like a gray color. (At least that was my interpretation of it)
Good job!

Liberty500 says...

Thank you! You got the interpretation perfectly! <3

And, yes, I told my teacher once that I had writers' block and she got mad at me. She made me stay in the classroom for the entire noe-hour lunchtime. Oof.

And if you have writers block, I suggest looking around your house/school for some ideas. Or if that doesn't work, then try looking for some prompts.

Hello Liberty! Your friend FlamingPhoenix here to leave a few words on your really cool poem. And it lovely day.

So The only thing I would have to say I did see is that you said do twice in the two first lines, now it's not a big thing to worry about, but if you can think of changing one of to do's then it would be nice. But again don't worry about it.

Now what I really want to talk about is how cute and funny your poem was, I think it was a really good idea, and I have know idea why I haven't thought of it before. I think it was really well thought out and it was a joy to read, it gave me a good laugh and I'm glad I came to read it.
I think the flow of the poem was really good, even if some of the words didn't rhyme. But I think if they did, it wouldn't have worked as well as it did.

Over all I think it as a great idea written out in a really great way, and I'm glad I had the time to read and review this. Never stop writing because your stuff is just amazing and a joy to read, I hope you have an amazing day/night.

Your friend and faithful reader
FlamingPhoenix
Reviewing this a fiery passion.

Liberty500 says...

Thanks! I def would've put some more rhyming words, but I couldn't find that many, and I didn't want it to sound forced so I just left it.

And that was the best thing to do. :D Great work.

Liberty500 says...

Thank you. :)

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:14 am
FabihaNeera says...

Hello,

I love this, so relatable!! Of course, it's national poetry month... a little stressful! Honestly, I could probably vote for this poem lol :D

I mean, it doesn't hurt to have such a relatable poem, right?

Liberty500 says...

Lol, exactly what I was hoping for. ;) And, thanks.

FabihaNeera says...

Np :D

Liberty500 says...

:D

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:02 am
itsCate says...

This is so damn cute!

Liberty500 says...

Lol, thanks. :D

itsCate says...

You're welcome.

Liberty500 says...

:)

itsCate says...

:D

I am a guard of the green order and I am the captain of the guard of troops who protect the strong holds of YWS.
— LadyBird