Home » Literary works » Poetry » Humor

Poem

by Liberty500

I have a poem to do.
I've no idea whatta do!
My mind is blank,
and so's my paper.
It's screaming,
and so am I!

*

I hafta enter a poem,
but I haven't.
Why, you say?
Because my mind is gray...

*

Oh my goodness!
I'm so full of sureness...
That this poem will win!

*

Just kidding.

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:39 am
Casanova wrote a review...

Heya, Liberty. Casanova here to do another review for you!

This reminds me of something I wrote awhile back where I incorporated everything into poetry, but then it's the entirely opposite thing at the same time. I like that, honestly, but let's get to the review.

I love the personification in the first stanza. The only question I have- if the paper and the poetry is blank, then how is it screaming? To me it would be more like a look of horror or maybe just a blank stare for not writing it, but if you could explain that to me I think that could clear it up.

The second stanza is decent enough, I dislike the rhyming at the end there, though. I understand you write a lot of humorous poems and stuff, but to me it doesn't seem to bode well with the stanza, but that, again, could just be me and everything. Anyway, onward.

The last stanza, to me, is the best honestly. Although, I wouldn't have ended it with,"Just kidding" :P But I like pretending to be cocky.

All in all, although I don't know what this was for (or even if it was for something) but it's a really funny poem and I am glad that I read it, so thank you for sharing.

Sincerely, Casanova

Liberty500 says...

if the paper and the poetry is blank, then how is it screaming?
The blank paper is screaming for not being written on.
All in all, although I don't know what this was for
It was for the April Madness. At that time, I had no idea of what to write about, so I wrote a poem about not having any idea on what type of poem to write.

Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:42 am
Eros wrote a review...

Heya Liberty!!

Eros here with a review for you!!!

I really really really lovvveeeddd the poem... It is Soo relatable. I really enjoyed reading it. It does happen:

I have a poem to do.
I've no idea whatta do!
My mind is blank,
and so's my paper.
It's screaming,
and so am I!

This stanza is exactly mee. Lool it was really a beautiful sweet little poem, with all the exact feelings expressed in the best possible wordings.
The poem flows really smooth and everything is weaved together into a wonderful poem.

Great work!

Keep writing such amazing works and we will love to keep reading them and keep reviewing them!

Have a great day/ night!

With love,
From Eros

:D

Liberty500 says...

Thanks for the review! :D

ArtisticForever wrote a review...

Greetings!

I like this poem a lot. The ending was pretty funny. The part where you say "Just kidding". I also really like how it's so relatable. I have had times when I am trying to think of something, but nothing comes in my mind. It turns gray too, haha.

Mistakes... I don't think you have any mistakes. All of it was perfectly fine! So, good job with that poem you've made. :)

Happy Review Day!

:elephant:

~Artsy~

Liberty500 says...

Thanks for the review, sis. <3

Horisun wrote a review...

What's that, in the distance? It's a review on the Horisun!

Sorry 'bout that, people always have those kinds of intros. Anyways, I really like this poem! It's really relatable, even though I've never entered any poetry contests, I hate it when I can't think of anything to write.
There is one thing I'd like to point out, and that's that you said "My paper" twice, back to back. That was a little awkward for me to read, and messed with the flow of your poem.

Other than that, this poems great! I love how at the end, you were like, 'just kidding' I like to say something sarcastic, like, "I'm the best writer ever" and then say, "Not" And that's what I love about this poem, it's so darn relatable! Great job writing this!

As always, keep writing! And Happy Review Day!

Liberty500 says...

Oops, just noticed the 'my paper' thing. I'll fix it right away! Thanks for the review by the way! <3

Horisun says...

'tis the season for reviewing!

Liberty500 says...

XD

Liberty500 says...

I love your joke thing in the beginning, BTW. It's cute.

Horisun says...

XD Thanks! :D

GirlWithATypewriter wrote a review...

Hi, this is Nive here with a review.
First off, I find this poem very cute and hilarious and I think this surely can be one of your best. I think the main reason for people finding this poem nice would be because it is relatable. When I write poems, they just come to me and there is no particular timing for it. But sometimes when I'm asked to write one, it takes me really long and I usually cannot find the words.

The one small thing that kinda distracted me was the appearance of rhyming words at two places then the sudden change in the writing style. It really is a small negative and can really be overlooked.

Overall, I really liked your poem because as a writer I know that it is difficult to write humour as a genre, especially in a poem. Keep up the amazing work, and I hope to see more poems from you.

XOXO

Liberty500 says...

Thanks for the review! <33 I'll look at "the appearance of rhyming words at two places then the sudden change in the writing style.". Thanks again! :D

GabiSmithMyers wrote a review...

Hi. I can relate. I have to write a poem for school and have this terrible writers block (which apparently isn't a good excuse to give a teacher if why you simply cannot turn in your assignment on time). My favorite line has to be
"I hafta enter a poem,
but I haven't.
Why, you say?
Because my mind is gray..."

I love the imagery behind it, of when you can't think your mind turns to like a gray color. (At least that was my interpretation of it)
Good job!

Liberty500 says...

Thank you! You got the interpretation perfectly! <3

And, yes, I told my teacher once that I had writers' block and she got mad at me. She made me stay in the classroom for the entire noe-hour lunchtime. Oof.

And if you have writers block, I suggest looking around your house/school for some ideas. Or if that doesn't work, then try looking for some prompts.

Hello Liberty! Your friend FlamingPhoenix here to leave a few words on your really cool poem. And it lovely day.

So The only thing I would have to say I did see is that you said do twice in the two first lines, now it's not a big thing to worry about, but if you can think of changing one of to do's then it would be nice. But again don't worry about it.

Now what I really want to talk about is how cute and funny your poem was, I think it was a really good idea, and I have know idea why I haven't thought of it before. I think it was really well thought out and it was a joy to read, it gave me a good laugh and I'm glad I came to read it.
I think the flow of the poem was really good, even if some of the words didn't rhyme. But I think if they did, it wouldn't have worked as well as it did.

Over all I think it as a great idea written out in a really great way, and I'm glad I had the time to read and review this. Never stop writing because your stuff is just amazing and a joy to read, I hope you have an amazing day/night.

Your friend and faithful reader
FlamingPhoenix
Reviewing this a fiery passion.

Liberty500 says...

Thanks! I def would've put some more rhyming words, but I couldn't find that many, and I didn't want it to sound forced so I just left it.

And that was the best thing to do. :D Great work.

Liberty500 says...

Thank you. :)

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:14 am
FabihaNeera says...

Hello,

I love this, so relatable!! Of course, it's national poetry month... a little stressful! Honestly, I could probably vote for this poem lol :D

I mean, it doesn't hurt to have such a relatable poem, right?

Liberty500 says...

Lol, exactly what I was hoping for. ;) And, thanks.

FabihaNeera says...

Np :D

Liberty500 says...

:D

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:02 am
itsCate says...

This is so damn cute!

Liberty500 says...

Lol, thanks. :D

itsCate says...

You're welcome.

Liberty500 says...

:)

itsCate says...

:D

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest