12+

Is it better to Hate yourself Or Hate someone else?

by JohnKlue

Is it better to Hate yourself

Or

Hate someone else?

By John Klue

To hate yourself is to hurt yourself.

To hate another is to hurt another.

Physically Hurt?

Not always.

We need not act on hatred for another.

We need not act on hatred for self.

Is it not easier to hurt thy self than hurt another?

Maybe but to hurt another is to be hated by another.

Who cares about what they think?

Who cares about them?

Who cares about me would hate to see me in pain.

Who cares about us is overlooked, when we only see another whom we hate.

Who cares about us is unseen, when we hate ourself.

Why not just let the others hate themselves? Why must we work for them?

Dose whoever hates me Work for me?

Whoever hates you will work against you. Working against is similar to working for.

How so?

The difference is only in what way the wheels go.

What if another is awful?

If they are awful why are they with you?

We need not be near the ones that we hate.

You need have known them to want a debate.

Is it not more work when you hate yourself?

Of course its more work. More risk more reward. Hating another just leaves you floored.

Hating yourself is a sign of poor health.

But hating another is like consuming raw butter. It leaves you fat and full.

Better that then empty.

Is it Better?

It is happier.

Is it healthier?

It can be dealt with.

Can it be felt with?

It is better that feeling destruction of self.

Better that than the death of another.

Is that selfless?

It is something.

Something To Someone Somewhere else.

LizzyTyler wrote a review...

OH! MY! GOD! That was incredible!

Hello, I’m Lizzy. I was just looking through the Green Room, when I stumbled upon what can only be described as pure genius. This was beautiful! Oh my gosh! I loved the style of two different people, it really pulled the whole poem together. To be quite honest, I think this was one of the best poems I’ve ever read.

I think my favorite lines was the last little bit:

“Better that then empty.

Is it Better?

It is happier.

Is it healthier?

It can be dealt with.

Can it be felt with?

Better that than the death of another.

Is that selfless?

It is something.”

The punctuation and line breaks were beautifully constructed, allowing the reader to read your poem with the proper pauses, that make this poem the incredible thing it is. It also shows the struggle, the author is having, with the short questions, answers, and statements.I don’t think I’ve ever written a poem this beautiful.

This is more of a long compliment than a review, but I could barely find anything wrong with it! The only thing I noticed was in the line: “Better then the death of another.”, you may want the punctuation mark a question, because it makes more sense, and it would aline with the part before and after it, because the second “narrator”, for lack of a better word, it challenging the first “narrator”. That was the only thing I found. But other than that, you poem was incredible! I hope to see more of your work around soon! Have a wonderful day, stay safe, and keep writing!

-Lizzy

LizzyTyler says...

After rereading my post, I realized that I forgot one more critique. In the line: %u201CIs it Better?%u201D, I noticed you capitalize the word %u201Cbetter%u201D. I don%u2019t know if you meant to do this or if it was a grammatical error, but I just wanted to point that out. Again your poem was beautiful, and it is yours to do with what you wish.

JohnKlue says...

: )

StarGuardian wrote a review...

Wow.

I don't think I can answer that question, cause I'm asking the same thing. I really liked how you structured this, and it was well written. I could picture someone sitting alone in the dark, expression emotionless as the very question you ask pops into their head. It becomes a debate after a while of thought, and this image is a really cool one!

What inspired you to write this? Was it a random thought, or something long developed? It always makes me wonder just how a writer developed and proceeds to write an idea. From experience, sometimes things take me only a day to write and think of. While other ideas are more long term.

How you wrote each sentence on oppsite sides really added to the idea of this becoming some sort of long term debate in mind. I think this was AMAZING, and that you did a wonderful job. Thanks so much for writing and sharing this with the world!! :D

JohnKlue says...

Not gonna lie I thought of this the same day I uploaded it.

StarGuardian says...

Incredible! I don't think I could've done this. %uD83D%uDE05

I hope everyone's safe and sound and has some potatoes in the pantry.
— Arcticus