z

Young Writers Society



Lust : Chapter 10 : Goa

by Eros


Chapter 10 : Goa

I went to Shanaya's house and from there, we headed towards airport.

Her parents allowed us to get close and did not raise any objection on me sitting next to Shanaya or me being closer to her.

We reached Goa after the travel and checked in to the pre-booked hotel. The hotel room that we booked was spacious and had 4 other rooms connected to each other, so we had our own separate rooms. It was a 7 day trip and we were supposed to leave in the morning of the 8th day. Shanaya and I cracked jokes and laughed together. Then we freshened up and relaxed.

We had breakfast and coffee together with her parents and we were chatting merrily.

After the breakfast, the tour to explore Goa started ...

Day 1 :

Our tourist guide explained about the overall programme and according to the plans, we headed towards the Calangaute beach.

Calangaute beach.

"Let's do water surfing, Shanaya !", I exclaimed with enthusiasm.

"I am afraid, Seenu", she touched my chest for fraction of seconds and tugged on to my blue T-shirt.

"I am there with you, don't be afraid"

She agreed and we changed our dresses and slipped into our swimming costumes. We together stood on the surfing board and started surfing the waves, cutting the water with our speed, and feeling the little droplets that showered upon us from the sides.

She screamed with thrill and I was filled with joy, "Enjoying!?", I asked.

"So much !"

After about half an hour of surfing we laughed with joy. Her parents were watching us from far. They we're smiling and were happy to see their daughter grinning with joy.

We went to the changing rooms and slipped back into our clothes.

It was then when her dad said, "Seenu, I really like the way you care for Shanaya. I would be glad if you two get married."

I blushed and so did Shanaya.

Shanaya told her dad that she liked me. But I still felt I was not ready. It was afternoon now. We had lunch, talked and relaxed. It was about 3:30 pm when we went to Baga beach and enjoyed boating and swimming for hours. We threw the water over each other and laughed a lot.

Baga beach

At about 6, we reached Anjuna Beach. There we did no water activity, but enjoyed the sun set instead.

Anjuna Beach

"You are looking beautiful, Seenu..."

"And what is beautiful in me?", I whispered.

"Your black, dense hair covering your butter like forehead... Your black eyes," she paused and removed my specks gently.

"Are so deep", she continued praising my eyes, while she was gazing in them.

"You are so fair and soft like butter..." She praised my skin.

"When I touch your chest, I feel those abs... You are so strong, Seenu"

"Shh... stop", I placed my fingers over her lips. I was blushing heavily when she was praising me so much.

She stopped, and we realised that the sun was gone. It was time to go back to the hotel.

At hotel, we had dinner and we went to the balcony that was common to my room and Shanaya's. We stood there, gazing the moon and the star studded night. I felt I was getting emotionally connected to her.

After an hour, we went to sleep in our respective rooms.

Next morning ...

Day 2 :

We went to the Mormugao fort. We got lost in the unique architecture and the design of the fort. We then also watched Aguada fort and Chapora fort. 

We enjoyed the day and returned hotel by sunset. 

Day 3: 

We got up early that day and watched the beautiful sunrise. Then we visited the famous churches and chapels of Goa. 

We were full of devotion and felt a calmness when we visited the churches and worshipped God.

Day 4:

Shanaya took me to shopping that day. We bought many little pieces of bamboo art, little show pieces of shell work and other such works. Uncle and aunt did not accompany us. They stayed back at hotel and rested. 

We also visited the Big Foot Art Gallery that day.

Day 5:

We visited Sri Ananta Temple and other such temples and listened to the tourist guide who was telling us the stories of God.

Day 6:

We explored the wildlife of Goa. We saw the wild animals and the flora of the various wildlife sanctuaries and enjoyed the day.

Day 7:

It was the last day of the trip and the most memorable day. 

To know why the day was the most memorable, read the next chapter ...!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
67 Reviews


Points: 1334
Reviews: 67

Donate
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:39 pm
View Likes
TheWeirdoFromBeyond wrote a review...



This is Weirdo, here for a review. Please know that nothing in this review is meant to offend you or your story. This is just my opinion, you and other readers and reviewers could disagree. That being said, let us get into this review. I will try not to repeat anything that I said in the reviews of previous chapters, or what Bloodlord has said.

What I liked
You have improved comparatively, that is amazing. Good work.

Grammar/Typos/Word check/Spell check
(the bold is what has to be corrected)

I went to Shanaya's house and from there, we headed towards airport.

*the airport

We reached Goa after the travel and checked in to the pre-booked hotel. The hotel room that we booked was spacious and had 4 other rooms connected to each other, so we had our own separate rooms. It was a 7 day trip and we were supposed to leave in the morning of the 8th day. Shanaya and I cracked jokes and laughed together. Then we freshened up and relaxed.

*on

Our tourist guide explained about the overall programme and according to the plans, we headed towards the Calangaute beach.

*about

After about half an hour of surfing we laughed with joy. Her parents were watching us from far. They we're smiling and were happy to see their daughter grinning with joy.

*surfing,
*were

At about 6, we reached Anjuna Beach. There we did no water activity, but enjoyed the sun set instead.

*sunset

At hotel, we had dinner and we went to the balcony that was common to my room and Shanaya's. We stood there, gazing the moon and the star studded night. I felt I was getting emotionally connected to her.

*the hotel
*star-studded

Shanaya took me to shopping that day. We bought many little pieces of bamboo art, little show pieces of shell work and other such works. Uncle and aunt did not accompany us. They stayed back at hotel and rested.

there are two ways to do this- either 'to shop' or 'to shopping'.
*the hotel

We visited Sri Ananta Temple and other such temples and listened to the tourist guide who was telling us the stories of God.

*tour

What Else?

Everything important I said in previous reviews-

Spoiler! :
Character development of George and Hunny.
Shanaya and Seenu being flawless.
More backstory needed for all characters.
More thoughts and feelings.
The main character gets everything to easily.


All of this applies here.

Now, some critiques only for this chapter,
The way you have described Day 2-Day 6 makes the story boring. (As I said earlier, no offence) You describe Day 1 in a lot of detail, but not so much for the rest. It seems like Seenu is feeling bored, and that is not possible to happen when you are on a vacation with the person you love. I know that writing a lot of detail for this part would be unnecessary, considering how something of major significance did not happen, but the details you have given just don't sound nice.
Try writing it more like this, (Don't use the exact words I've used. Feel free to change everything, with just keeping the idea as it is. This is a very rough way of me describing it)

After our arrival, we (whatever the characters did, example-checked in the hotel, etc). In the next 6 days, we visited(a few places you think were very important, not all the places they visited) and other places. We (this is where you can add romantic feelings). I could never forget (the most romantic moment. According to me, I think it would be to watch the sunset, alone with Shanaya. But it could be anything you think would be most romantic. Describe this moment in detail. Like here, for sunset, don't say after visiting (a certain place), we watched the sunset alone. But say it more like this-
I could never forget the moment when the sun disappeared over the horizon, and Shanaya looked into my eyes, as I looked into hers... say whatever you like. Change my words entirely, this is just an example.)

Overall
This was a good chapter. Hope this helps you. If you have questions, ask me. I'm not very experienced at writing yet, but I would try my best to answer them.

Good luck writing :D
-Prachi




Eros says...


Thank you so much!! Loved the review...



User avatar
48 Reviews


Points: 4957
Reviews: 48

Donate
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:35 pm
View Likes
Bloodlord wrote a review...



The trip seems really fun!

I like how you include pictures to make the story more real. However, the format in which you tell us what Seenu did makes the trip seem more like an information list rather than a story. I think saying "On the first day..." would be better. Since you don't spend as much time on the days other than the first, I think just saying what Seenu did without splitting it up into sections would be better.

I think a little more dialogue would also make the chapter more colorful. Often the readers can know more when the author shows them what happened, through dialogue and action, rather than just telling about what happened once everything already passed.

I'm interested to see what happens on the last day. Keep writing!




Eros says...


Yeah, I agree...I will edit it soon. Thank you so much!



Bloodlord says...


No problem! Can't wait to read more!




When something is broken, it can be fixed.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe