Lust : Chapter 5 : The creepy Girl...

by Eros

Chapter 5 : The creepy Girl

After a week, I got the bandages of my face removed, and I felt lucky for having not a single scar on my face.

I joined the college and George and Hunny helped me in completing the notes and updated me with all the assignments and also told me about things that happened in college in my absence. I was shocked when they started telling about Shanaya ...how she stayed lost in college during my absence.

In the classroom, I was surprised when I saw a new girl. I asked Hunny and George about her. They told that she was new to mechanical branch and has shifted her name from software to mechanical.

Her name was Sunaina. From the moment I saw her for the first time, I got a strange feeling. That kind of feeling you would get, if you notice a drunken person staring at you.

That feeling of a little terror and flooded with many questions. 

But as it is my basic instinct, I don't mind things that go around me. So I tried to ignore her. But her motives did not seem proper. She was definitely going to do something. It could be seen in her eyes. Her narrowed eyes sparkling with a fire ... I had no idea what that fire was about, and I tried my best to completely ignore her moves.

But she was stubborn, and it was transgression of limits when she asked Hunny and George to sit behind and let her sit with me. 

"What are you saying, Sunaina? They are my best buddies and I won't let anyone separate the three of us !" I tried to explain her, as politely as I could.

It was Hunny and George who interrupted and crossed me. They smiled and said, "Sure, Sunaina !" And they moved and sat behind us. 

I was feeling very awkward to sit with a girl. I sat as still as a stone. She was sitting so close to me that there was not an inch space in between us. When I tried to ask her to move a little away, I saw her big bag, that was taking most of the space on our bench. It was too awkward to ask her to keep her bag aside, and I didn't want to seem commanding and rude at the very first impression. Somehow the lecture got over, and the professor left the class.

I also left the class as fast as I could. I didn't want to stay for another minute with her. She wasn't ugly, that I didn't want to stay with her.

In fact she was neatly dressed and clean and tidy. But because of her creepy behavior I was completely freaked out.

After some time, when I recovered myself from all that, I re entered the classroom to attend the next lecture, and just at the door, Sunaina bumped into me. I freaked out. I wanted to shout at her, but I controlled myself. 

"Sorry---"

"Neva mind..."

What never mind!? You deliberately bumped into me. Why bitch, why? Are you fucking blind? You creepy whore ! Just get your ass away from me ! ... Was all I wanted to shout out at her. But didn't want unnecessary quarrels and angry wars. So I kept quiet.

In the next lecture, she removed the sandal of her left leg and started touching my right leg with her leg. I kicked her leg away in anger. She pressed my hand really hard on the table and digged her nails in my skin. I beared it all, without making a sound. She continued digging her nail in the flesh of my hand and continued to touch my feet with her feet. My breathing rate increased. It was as if I was running miles. I did not want the professor to notice anything, so I kept bearing all that she was doing. I knew that if the matter goes to the professor, he will extend it and stretch it like an elastic rubber band, and also I wanted to solve the matter myself. 

I told George and Hunny about all that. 

"If that girl repeats this thing tomorrow then she will see our worst forms" George and Hunny said with confidence.

What was Sunaina's intention behind this? Is she an obsessive lover of Seenu? Will she repeat the same thing the next day? Will George and Hunny fight with her for troubling Seenu? 

Read the next chapter to know more... 

TheWeirdoFromBeyond wrote a review...

This is Weirdo, here for a review. Please know that nothing in this review is meant to offend you or your story. This is just my opinion, you and other readers and reviewers could disagree. That being said, let us get into this review. I will try not to repeat anything that has already been said by ryanmakenna and Bloodlord, or what I said in the reviews of Chapter 1, 2 & 3.

What I liked
How Seenu feels awkward sitting with a girl. You have also shown improvement. Glad to see that.

Grammar/Typos/Word check/Spell check
(the bold is what has to be corrected)

*off

*had (since the rest of the story is in past tense)

*the transgession

*us!
*explain to
Also, the dialogue here is a bit weird. Maybe Seenu should question why she wants to sit next to him, considering they have just met each other!

*taking up

*In fact,
*behavior,

*re-entered

I beared it all, without making a sound. She continued digging her nail in the flesh of my hand and continued to touch my feet with her feet. My breathing rate increased. It was as if I was running miles. I did not want the professor to notice anything, so I kept bearing all that she was doing. I knew that if the matter goes to the professor, he will extend it and stretch it like an elastic rubber band, and also I wanted to solve the matter myself.

*bore

*form,

Story
Seenu swears in his thoughts, but not out loud in any part of the story. I'm not sure why. And from what I know about Seenu so far, he does not strike me as the sort of person who would swear. So either remove the swearing entirely, or add more of it, where Seenu actually says it, not just thinks about them.
Also, Shayana does not appear at all in this chapter, maybe thay meet each other before the first lecture, or something like that.

Glad to see improvement. A agree with ryanmakenna that you should show what Seenu says versus what he feels when he talks to Shayana. Hope this review helps.

-Prachi :D

Eros says...

Thank you so much !

Bloodlord wrote a review...

Hi, Bloodlord here for a review!

First reaction: What. The. Heck. This girl is SOO creepy.

You conveyed her creepy behavior in such a compelling way, I was cringing the entire time. Seenu’s perspective is very relatable, and you make readers flinch and angry along with him. I am very curious to learn more about the motives behind this seriously strange behavior.

The story for the most part moves smoothly, but there are some places where the wording distracts from the point and makes reading a little awkward.

“I joined the college and George and Hunny helped me in completing the notes and updated me with all the assignments and also told me about things that happened in college in my absence.”

This sentence is really long, and I think you could split it up to make it more readable. Maybe something like: “I joined the college, and George and Hunny helped update me with notes and all the assignments. They also told me about things that happened in college when I was absent.”

“That feeling of a little terror and flooded with many questions.”

Instead of the ‘and’, I think a comma would be stronger.

“But as it is my basic instinct, I don't mind things that go around me. So I tried to ignore her.”

‘But as it is my basic instinct’ is a little unnatural. Perhaps “My basic instinct is to ignore things that go on around me. So I tried to ignore her.” is better?

“She wasn’t ugly, that I didn’t want to stay with her.”

This sentence was kind of confusing. Did you mean, “She wasn’t ugly, I just didn’t want to stay with her.”?

This was an exciting chapter, and I can’t wait to read more!

Eros says...

Thank you for the review !
Actually I wanted to say that I ignored the girl just because she was creepy. She was beautiful, but I ignored her for her creepy nature...

ryanmakenna wrote a review...

Nice job with telling us what Seenu is feeling and thinking! This chapter was much more interactive for the reader. His inner dialogue of what he wanted to say to the creepy girl versus what he actually said made a huge difference. I would love to see some of this when he is interacting with Shanaya. What he actually says versus what he wants to say is a great way to show the audience what he truly feels.

Not only that, but I think you also did a good job at making Sunaina really creepy. It is not normal for a girl to dig her nails into a random dude's hand, or to touch him with her feet for no reason! But it's also weird that Seenu had such a strong reaction to her for simply bumping into him before she ever did any of that. Maybe you should have that reaction during the times that she is doing all these things to him, yet he is baring it all so that he doesn't interrupt the class. OR, when she bumps into him, really give him a good reason to be thinking she is a b*tch and needs to watch where she's going. My thought would be to have her try and grope him--that would definitely cause such a strong reaction of negativity, and make her even more creepy.

I am interested to see where she fits in to the story. Will shanaya get jealous? Does Sunaina know that Seenu likes Shanaya?

As I mentioned before, you are getting better and better with each chapter. Keep up the good work!

Eros says...

Thank you !!!

Memories, left untranslated, can be disowned; memories untranslatable can become someone else’s story.
— YiYun Li