And to the Choir.....

by Eraqio

I'm a rainstorm on a sunny day, unexpected but pleasent none the less.
I calculate while I initiate, contact between polar opposites cause reactions we all can be ashamed of. Silly dreams end up feeling a bit moist but dont worry we all have it hard.
I'm smarter than your average nobody but then again knowledge in the hands of the few can be destructive to all and the one.
Swerve your hips while I drape my arms over your shoulders, your lips taste as sweet as a rose is a rose is a rose.
Repetition doesnt emphisize how something feels but you can say fuck quite a few times in the dark and anyone listening in will get the point.
Smooth Romeo, real smooth, that poison that doth grace thine lips was more verbal than intended. We can cling to the notion that our one and only have had you only, because one may be lonely but 5 gets pretty awkward.
Your heads tilted up, in pride I dont know, but its alot easier to see kingdom come when you ignore the here and now.
A chorus of voices spring up whenever you consider the options, and the obvious one tends to be a diva soprano with a need for attention.
Our thoughts on the matter are just scared little children who put on adult demeanors to give themselves an air of maturity.
Frightening, I know, but work is terrifying to most.
My hair has feelings and I hurt them all the time.
I crawl into my skin every morning wondering if its the right me. I cant be anyone else but myself but I still wonder what the other models look like.
I cant really think right now, mainly because my head and my heart are having a friendly round of Russian Roulette, only all the chambers are loaded.
I'm drawing a blank, and its coming along nicely.
The songs I sing all run together, a dozen stories clipped onto one another by a phrase here a verse there.
I'm odd, to be frank.
And its been a pleasure meeting you.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:33 am
Eraqio says...

Thank you, an actual reply and critique instead of some unrelated dribble about standards or some other crap.

Ma'am, I thank you deeply.

The other Ma'am, "This is not Poetry" I swear, say that to your freshman year Language Arts teacher about some of the poetry you're going to read and they will tear you a new one. I'm a Junior and I still keep finding different authors and poets who write in the oddest ways, but I still consider their work poetry because of the obvious difference between a story and a poem. Mainly, A story, is a story; relatively long with characters, deep insight, descriptions and dialogue. A poem is a poem; disjointed, emotional, frank, deep and critical of everything.

There is no set guideline in writing. If there was, many of the authors we cherish today would have had to go and fine something else to take up their time.

Have a nice day, and keep reading.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:18 pm
Raimunda wrote a review...

I like it.

Its unorthodox and refreshing and new and it IS poetry because I've read stuff like this before. And I actually think it's brilliant.

"Repetition doesnt emphisize how something feels but you can say fuck quite a few times in the dark and anyone listening in will get the point. " - I know that this is wrong and rude but it made me laugh.
Not that I understood this at all *PURGES*

And I can sense that alot of people are NOT going to like this one little bit.

Some of the poems are weaker than others, but I found most of them really clever. Its MSN icon/poem, and its definately tackling poetry in a new way. The Gustav Kilmt of the YWS Dramatic Poetry section. I salute you.

xxx

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:52 pm
Eraqio says...

Poetry does have its styles.

This is one of them.

I diddnt put it in the wrong category.

Try reading up on the thousands upon thousands of poetry styles that dont have to do with appropriate stanzas or cohesive make up.

-_-

I'm not acting badly to review, because this wasnt review, this was a question, which I answered.

If you get angry or bothered by this, alright, I dont mean it as anything.

Have a great day, and dont forget to read.

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:24 pm
*writewatiwant* wrote a review...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS!
F«irst of all I have to ask: Did you post this on the wrong categorie?
because it seems so.
Poetry has it's style and you have to have stanzas and alot more other things. This right here isn't poetry. maybe try to post it on NON-Fiction or something like that.
Ãnyway, PM me if you have any question!

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
— Abraham Heschel