z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

My Phenomenal Mother

by Ejay1806


My Phenomenal Mother

I write this poem with a brimming heart,

and unfathomable amounts of love ,

coupled with a burning desire to chant,

about a woman as soft as a Dove .

Numerous things she has done for me,

but I haven't done enough .

She has been the best she could be,

else I would have had it tough .

When I was done and dusted,

she put me back on track ,

When life was getting me tested,

she handled it all with a knack ..

She has borne all my troubles,

She has shared all my tears,

She has forgiven my gravest fumbles,

and has forever included me in her prayers.

We have fought over silly things,

argued over many more,

but there is something magical in the joy she brings ,

that all the bickers go sliding through the door..

She has worked hard day and night,

She has been my greatest mentor,

She has had me forever in sight,

She is Amazing. She is my Mother.

She is the best , so eloquent ..

She is phenomenal , so versatile ..

She is purity at its best ,

radiating strength all the while..

I love her with all my might .

Thank you dear Lord , for sending an angel this bright .... 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
22 Reviews


Points: 378
Reviews: 22

Donate
Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:05 pm
View Likes
5kKitty says...



Hi, Ejay1806! This was sooooo sweet! If you haven't already, please show this to your mom. She would be ecstatic to receive something as touching as this.

-5kKitty




Random avatar

Points: 1438
Reviews: 139

Donate
Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:51 pm
View Likes
deleted21 wrote a review...



Sweeeeeeeeet! Seriously! :D

I mean, hello there! I loveeed your poetry. It's so genuine! Have you showed it to mum? She must have been in that cry-laughing condition, I reckon, haha! Anyway, I could feel throughout your poetry, all your emotions, all that love. It's amazing!

Mothers are really important in our lives, aren't they? I know, they can be gross sometimes, and clingy but at the end of the day, they are just loving mothers. <3 On a personal level, I could relate to your poem awfully much.

Numerous things she has done for me,
but I haven't done enough


My mum has sacrificed a lot in her life for the sake of my security actually, not really happiness. I sometimes blame her inwardly but I understand it must have been tough for her too. She could have abandoned me but she accepted and struggled for me. It just needs a big, brave heart. But, I feel I don't do much for her at all. But, I try and I believe one day Mialynire will make her mum feel super proud! :')

She has forgiven my gravest fumbles,
and has forever included me in her prayers.
We have fought over silly things,
argued over many more,
but there is something magical in the joy she brings


Again, I can relate. In fact I think, we all can. We two argue a lot, over such silly issues and sometimes I lose temper but, all it needs a little from my side to make her smile. Sometimes, not even that.. Mothers have big hearts, dear. It's so true and so kind.

Overall, a very nice poem. I couldn't help but get emotional because my mother actually holds a great importance in my life, she's not only my best friend, the reason that I exist but also the reason I want to live for! She's not home currently and won't be back for eight more days and hell, I miss her so much! (Especially for the whole lot of responsibility that I have now xD) ..

Anyway, I hope you and your mum and your family stay happy and safe, always. And, keep writing sweet things like this! :) Good luck!




User avatar
8 Reviews


Points: 17
Reviews: 8

Donate
Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:43 pm
View Likes
bloomcadbury wrote a review...



Hey Ejay1806,
To begin with,i like how you describe little things about your mother.
As a child myself,it describe most of what i feel too.

"as soft as Dove" that is an interesting description u put for your mother. Right now i imagine you mother is a beautiful,soft and a kind person. I bet if a mother receive these kind of words from their child,they would be touched.
Overall, i love this piece and hope to read more from you!





Never use your shield as a dinner plate, for that is when the enemy is most likely to attack.
— The KotGR Commander