Prose: "Today Earth, tomorrow...the UNIVERSE!"

by Ego

Part II: Today Earth, Tomorrow the Universe!

After years of peaceful rule under me, Empress Kat(working title), those ninjas really come in handy when dealing with those pesky rebel uprisings, the squirkies had gotten restless and their numbers are daunting at the least. Apparently they’re too cute to be thought of as a threat… but cute or not, they tried to take over the world themselves, quite a trend I started.

A devastating war broke out between my ninjas and the squirkies. My ninjas, well-trained and super cool as they are, killed the squirkies by the bazillions! But for every one they killed, a bazillion more popped up from the aluminum mines to fight, damn their speed breeding! I decided enough was enough. With my incredible intelligence(and some really detailed plans left by Jes… oh memories…) I developed a super-really-big-massive-giant bad-ass looking weapon thingy that would be read to detonate in outer space at the press of a button, conveniently located at the top of my really super big-ass pyramid. The weapon would target anything with the squirkie chromosome and zap them to death dramatically.

BWAHAHAHA--*coughcoughchokesplutter*--AHAHA!!!

The squirkies caught wind of this and worked crazy quick to overrun the world, streaming from their mines by the bazillions of bazillions and crashing through my defenses. As the squirkie army converged on my pyramid, Hunter and I were deep in the depths of my pyramid discussing our next strategy in case the weapon wasn’t finished.

Hunter scrunched up his face, deep in thought. I could tell he was concentrating really hard. He bent over and took his shot. The cue ball collided with the two ball, sending it into the corner pocket.

“Gotcha!” he exclaimed. “We can beat the squirkies like that!”

“By hitting them with a cue ball?” I questioned.

“…No, Kat we-“ Hunter would’ve said more, but at that moment an alarm went off, signaling that the squirkies were upon the pyramid. We dropped our pool sticks and ran for the elevator.

“No you idiot! Don’t you know that squirkies have an elevator cable chewing fetish!?” I yelled at Hunter.

“They do?” He tilted and scratched her head. At that moment squirkies began swarming in from all sides—except for the stairway of course. (had to leave us an escape route, or else the story would just end, and what fun would that be?!) We rushed up the stairs, the squirkies, spouting their weird squeak language(from natural helium in the aluminum mines) fast at our heels. We barely reached the tiptop for the pyramid in time, and Hunter held the door shut as I dove for the button that would zap all the squirkies. There were too many squirkies for Hunter to handle, though, and they rushed into the room. One of them clawed Hunter across the face, giving him one of those dashing scars over one eye. Very sexy.

I slammed my fist down on the insanely large launch button just as the squirkies reached me. I had no clue if the weapon was done, and it would really suck if it weren’t. I mean, the weapon was barely finished, so there was a chance it wouldn’t actually be finished, and if it weren’t done, I would have all my ninja assassin dudes liquefied for working too slow! I realized I missed the button and slammed my hand down again. Then the button wouldn’t press.

“The safety!” Hunter yelled as he was being brutally scratched by a squirkie. What genius puts a safety catch on the world’s most deadly weapon, Jeez! I unlatched the safety device and pressed the button again!

The button pressed down, and all of a sudden a blinding flash of light filled the room. All the squirkies suddenly got zapped by a crazy huge bolt of lightening, and finally defeated! Yippee!

Unbeknownst to Kat and the others, the weapon was developed with a single flaw. Any squirkies that had aluminum armor would be exempt from the blast of lightening. Which meant that any squirkies still in the aluminum mines would still be unzappified! Oh no!

Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:14 pm
Poor Imp wrote a review...

Merely for the word 'squirkie', yes? ^_^

I assume this doesn't go on endlessly; but 'twould be hilarious to have a Neverending Empress Kat saga going on YWS. ^_^ It's got the cliches in all the right places to be laughed out of their uselessness.

IMP

Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:45 pm
Lindsaroo says...

XD this was just great Dono. I agree with Caitlin, the first part was a lot funnier. But this is still funny. Great job. :)

Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:19 pm
RED wrote a review...

Ok so, I totally love the "more" part. If only this was as funny as the first part. Now, mind you, this is funny, the the first part was knee-slapping-on-the-floor-cracking-up hilarious! :D

Nice job.

All hail Dono and Kat ;)

xoxo
-Caitlin

Mon May 15, 2006 2:11 am
Joeducktape says...

Three words. El oh el!

Mon May 15, 2006 12:44 am
Fishr wrote a review...

*coughs*Sorry*coughs*.

I could use the exscuse, "I was sick," ( and I was), but that would be cliche, and no writer likes that. ;)

I'm not sure if you're looking for critiques but your story was amusing. I mean, I litterly laughed out loud. It was great.

My favorite part:

weapon thingy that would be read to detonate in outer space at the press of a button, conveniently located at the top of my really super big-ass pyramid
By the way, I nearly fell from my chair, laughing so hard. ;)

Yes, fishr has a laughing problem, for she was handed an acute sense of humor.

Looks you had fun with this, so good job. :)

Snoink wrote a review...

HA! Finally read it. Told you I wasn't *completely* lazy!

Anyway, this is my favorite line of the whole thing:

"BWAHAHAHA--*coughcoughchokesplutter*--AHAHA!!!"

I think it effectly summarizes the entire story. :)

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:14 pm
Djinni says...

I was half asleep when I was reading this and I just couldn't stop laughing. I'm fully awake now and would like to say "I developed a super-really-big-massive-giant bad-ass looking weapon thingy" made me grin like a Cheshire Cat.

- Djinni -

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:23 am
DarkerSarah says...

Hahaha. This was just funny enough to make me temporarily forget about syntax and those damned commas. Thus, you are saved from reproach.

-Sarah

Crysi wrote a review...

*whispers to Mesh* Remember that one time I was told not to push the button and I pushed the button? Yeah. THAT'S why they started putting safety locks on those things. That nasty incident in Jamaica took five years to clean up, and they're still sending me hate mail filled with that goo.. Blech.

Meshugenah says...

*grins* this is great.

and what .. erm..rather slow person decided to put saftey latches on things? really, just a pain in a tight spot.

Duskglimmer says...

*laughs* well... those safety precautions are quite annoying on dooms-day weapons, now aren't they?

Thanks for making me laugh.

The wince that you wince when you see your quote in the quote generator is quite a wince, I tell ya. To know that the whole YWS community has read and judged your quote is quite an awkward feeling like oh noes. *manly blush*
— Arcticus