sometimes !

by TZH

Deep in this heart there is something

This lies beneath the soul

My life depends on.

The feeling of being complete

The love, passion and all feelings

I want to realize is true.

I don’t dream

as my dreams come true

The ecstatic joy of loving and being loved

So truly lay side by side

I am not a princess anymore

I am the Queen

And I know

I am a human being

I make mistakes

Get punishments

May be I am not too pampered

And can take tensions

For….. life is not only bundle of joy

But mixture of pain and sorrow too.

But, now I am the happiest

And I am the saddest too…

Deep in my heart

sometimes

I ……. Think.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:57 am
DivergentDemigod wrote a review...

Hey TZH!
This was definitely a good poem. But of course it could use some improvements. Because even the best could be made better right?
Anyway I'm not gonna pick the nits ( I guess the others already did that for you and so I'm not gonna repeat it)
I'll just point out the things that I liked.
Well starting with the theme. It's not something that I haven't already read about but I still like it. You really did a good job in summoning everything up.
I also liked your word choices.
And the part where you said I'm no more a princess but a queen was outstanding. We'll mostly because I believe that whoever believes in themselves can definitely rule the world.
I loved the way you ended the poem. Though it is sad and everything but I still liked it. Because despite whatever we have and whomever we are with deep down in the heart we always think about "what if" or atleast I do.
Anyway I enjoyed reading your piece and hope to see more of your works.

Great job! Keep on writing!
Fangirl~

TZH says...

I am honoured ! Thank you. I'll try to do better next time

Aley wrote a review...

Hey TZH,

Overall I think you've got a good structure for line breaks. You don't really need any help with that and I'm not sure about stanzas because, well, this isn't in stanzas. I like the way you're grouping things together and not just going with complete sentences.

I think you could probably improve this by working on where your focus is going. Right now you have this awkward ending where you admit you think but there's this really rude joke that sort of goes along with statements like that, "sometimes I think," "No, don't hon, it'll hurt you" and you just leave it there so it's not exactly a good ending because of that.

Overall if we look at what these sections are trying to say, I think you'll see some places that your clarity is lacking too. I'm going to be paraphrasing sentences instead of lines.

I feel things.
I think it's love, but I don't know.
[You forgot periods in the next section]
I don't dream because they come true
Dreams about love and thrill
I married a king
This is fantasy, really I'm just a human like all the rest of you [because queens aren't humans too?]
I make mistakes [queens don't?]
I am punished
I am pampered
I can take stress
Life isn't sugar canes and mistletoe.
I am sad
I am happy
I think sometimes.

Basically, roughly translated, that's your poem. I wrote in a few notes about it up there, but let's go over it together.

You have quite a few typos like maybe being one word, not two, and the use of ellipsis at the end isn't how it's supposed to be used, but I'll leave that alone. I'm not quite sure that's the important thing to critique here.

Your poem tries to delve into an interesting idea, that dreams come true, and that somehow your speaker is scared of that, even though their dreams are about good things. I'd like to see you explore that deeper, and as you explore that, consider it like you're talking to someone. You are talking to your friends, telling them about this experience you had, and you want them to relate to it, to feel what you felt. The best way to do this would be to use metaphors from things they had experienced. If you write this with more imagery, you'll probably get a better result, and it'll be a little bit clearer what you're talking about and why.

So, overall, I'd suggest you write this again, but this time focus on expressing your ideas in a way that people can feel, relate it to things that are tangible, things everyone's experienced. Try to come up with examples of your feelings that you could replicate to someone else, like jumping in a pool is something everyone could experience.

I hope this helps!
Aley

TZH says...

Thank you so very much Aley ! I'll write now keeping all things in mind. Glad you correct me n advise %u263A%u263A

Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:23 am
Steggy wrote a review...

The topic you've chosen for this poem feels a bit used. Like, the certain idea could be explained more of how you feel about it. I've read some poems that are much like this one, giving off that vibe about how there's that unsure feeling in your chest. A monster within your skin, sort of thing. As I said before, you could've approached the meaning from a different standpoint. Think outside the box. When writing poetry, you should have a theme or a plan before hand (this can also go with writing a novel - think before you write).

Deep in this heart there is something

This lies beneath the soul

My life depends on.

When I reading this stanza to myself, it felt lopsided and uneven. It didn't have that grasping out to me feeling. Perhaps it seems a bit cliche. When writing a beginning to anything (whether it be a chapter for your long awaiting novel or a short story) it should somehow grasp the reader and pull them in. Cause them to stick through their place and gaze over the words you've written.
If you chose to keep the beginning, I suggest a few things:

- What's in your heart? Explain the feeling. Is it a bee that keeps buzzing around, wanting to escape through your mouth? That warm fuzzing feeling? Or perhaps it is a dagger, glimmering in the moonlight? That cold, heartless feeling? Another thing I notice in some poems is description. It gives off a certain vibe to the reader to imagine and 'feel' the poem in their brain. The vibrations bounce off each other to create an image.
- What lies within your soul? Much like the heart situation, describe it. Could it be the black ink you spill on your new dress? Or perhaps a flower that is being woven through the fabric?
- At the end of the last stanza, add it because without it the whole stanza seems to fall apart.

Also, the shorter the stanzas, the better the poem can convey a poetic feeling or express a certain 'message' to the reader. Some poems should also have some form of punctuation (there are some parts of this poem that provide this - keep it consist when writing poetry to have the same number of punctuation marks).

The feeling of being complete

The Love and passion and all feelings

I want to realize is true.

And now I realize I don't dream

Because,

Now my dreams come true

So truly lay side by side--

I am not a princess anymore

I am the Queen

This chunk of the poem doesn't exactly make sense to me (as you can, I made some changes so it can actually make sense to the voice inside my head) and yet, it feels unsorted and messy. If you have emotion or to convey emotion, use whatever you got inside of yourself and do so. Express yourself with paint. Provide some more vivid words to help create that feeling for the reader. Throw some neon paint on the words to actually make them glow.

Though I know

I am a human being

I do Make mistakes--

And sometimes Get punishments

Maybe I am not too pampered

And I can take tensions

As….. life is not only bundle of joy

But mixture of pain ‘n’ and sorrow too.

But, Now I am the happiest

And I am the saddest too…

Deep in my heart

SOMETIMES sometimes

I ……. Think.

For what I said for the previous quote, I am confused. For the end of a poem, you should have some big crash. Like, in classical music when they reach the end, they rise up and make some louder sounds (music). For here, I definitely suggest digging deeper within your head and pulling out those emotions. Provide how you might feel towards this person (or to yourself). It'll help the reader and possibly yourself in the future.

Overall, this poem does need it work here and there but no less, I'm sure you'll put forth the effort to do so. Perhaps dig outside the box and think of different words to create a more of 'your thoughts' poem.

Steggy

TZH says...

Thank tou so much Steggy ! I'll surely keep this in mind while writing the nezt one. Stay blessed !

Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:13 am
ChanstonKay wrote a review...

Notes-

- I like the mysterious opening.
- Instead of two different parts, you could put ‘Because, now my dreams come true’
- It is very poetic (Obviously) and very well written. Sometimes it is hard to convey a message to readers through poetry, but you did it perfectly. Their isn’t much to say on this besides, it was wonderful an keep writing.

TZH says...

I am glad you like it kay! Stay blessed !

The very worst use of time is to do very well what need not be done at all.
— Benjamin Tregoe