z

Young Writers Society


16+ Violence

Pokemon Ultimate Evolution Season Two: Episode 18, Deception Part 2

by dark


Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for violence.

Jason looked on in horror as he watched Flannery fall to the ground. I could tell that he was trying to scream her name, but no words came out.

"Hey, Jason!" Jake said. "Be happy you kissed your girlfriend before it was too late." He quickly transformed and flew away.

Jason ran to Flannery's side and held her head in her arms. His knees became stained in her blood.

"Jay-Jay?" She whispered. "I don't want you to become violent..."

"I won't." He answered, turning his head to hide his tears. Flannery cupped his cheek and forced him to look her in the eyes. "I'm sorry we let this happen."

"Don't be. I want you to stay happy no matter what." She coughed. "You'll be okay without me right?"

"Don't be ridiculous, you're not going to die!" Jason told her.

"You have to know it's true, Jason." Flannery felt the small spear in her neck. It disappeared into thin air at the touch, allowing her to breath a bit easier. "You don't know how powerful Jake is. He did this with that power."

"No..." Jason's tears become more fierce. "I promise, Jake will pay for this. Don't worry, I won't be the one delivering any punishment." Jason kissed her forehead. "I love you, Flannery." He said with clear strain in his voice as he felt he body disappear in his arms. He stood up and averted his gaze when he saw the shock on everyone's face, everyone but me.

Cristina finally dropped her hands from her mouth. "Jason, I'm so.." She said softly.

"Grief isn't what she wants..." Jason interrupted. "Ryan! I need you to promise me something."

"What is it, Jason?" I asked.

"Promise me..." He took a deep breath. "Promise me you wont make another mistake like you did when you met Jake..."

"It wont happen again." I answered. "It can't happen again."

Jason managed a grin. "Good. Now, find him, and make sure to do what you do best. Make that sucker pay. I don't care how long you prolong his suffering because I know you're into that, but I want him dead!"

"He won't be doing all of the work." Pan interjected. "As much as you may not want to admit it now, this is my fault, and I have to settle the score for good."

"Heh heh, I never thought I'd enjoy hearing that." Jason chuckled. "Oh, Ryan what have you done to me?"

I held out my hand and let Zekrom for in front of me. Panara and I leap onto his back. "Jason, you are who you are." Zekrom stole the words from my mouth. "Ryan, I think I can follow him. We shouldn't waste any time."

"Right!" I exclaimed. "We won't come back until we're done." I managed to say before Zekrom sped off.

Jason sat down on the front porch next to Cristina.

"You're not fooling anyone, Jason." She said. "That smile would have convinced anyone else though."

"I know but that was all I could do to keep from getting angry again." Jason finally allowed himself to cry. Cristina hugged him close. "Don't do that while I'm covered in blood."

"Shh, don't worry about it. I just bought a bunch of new clothes. Right now you need to relax. It'll take some time, and then, you'll be yourself again. How old was she?"

"Forteen, four years older than me..."

"I- I shouldn't have asked that, I'm sorry." Cristina said.

"It's fine." Jason took another deep breath. "Did you notice, Ryan?"

"Huh?" Cristina was especially confused. "What about him?"

"I just wanted you to know that Ryan isn't capable of feeling remorse or sympathy. I just don't want you to be confused whenever you notice that."

"I noticed his expression didn't change at all when..." Cristina stopped herself. "What happened to him?"

"Nothing happened as far as I know." Jason shook his head. "That's just the way he is. Don't hate him or anything, but it's the truth." They stood up and Jason shrugged. "Hey I don't mean to push you away or anything, but could you leave me alone for just a little bit? If you don't want to that's-"

"Stop." Cristina interrupted. "I'm not leaving you alone but because that's not what you need right now. I'll always be here when you need me, for anything. You're my little brother, Jason, please don't let your emotions make you forget that."

Jason wiped his tears away. "I wouldn't dare."

----

"Ugh, Ryan, how do you manage to keep your eyes open at such high speeds?" Pan comlained, gripping my jacket tighter.

"Nine years of flying like this does that to you, Pan." I answered. "You seem real calm about all of this."

"Yeah, I can say the same for you." Pan said with a hint of anger. "We just watched Jason's girlfriend get stabbed and die. I know there's nothing you could have done, but... Why didn't you show any shock or sadness. Now Jason probably thinks you don't care."

"Well, I never said I did." I sighed. "Jason knows me very well. He wasn't expecting to to be sad. I don't think I've ever been sad to see anyone die. About a week and a half ago, I almost killed someone, and I was only nine when I first killed someone and that's when I realized that I enjoyed it. I didn't show any remorse or sympathy or guilt, because I can't!"

"Would you be sad if I died? Or if Jason or Cristina died?" Pan asked.

"Ah, see that's a different story. After I was done murdering those responsible for your deaths, I would be sad, because it would mean that I had lost you and I wasn't able to protect you. As horrid as this may sound to you, people who aren't apart of my family are replaceable, but you guys, I wouldn't know what to do with myself if you were taken from me..." I looked back at Pan who was just staring at me. "Did you get all that, or am I going to have to say it again?"

"No need. I understand. I'm sorry for judging you so quickly."

"You thought I was offended?" I laughed. "You've been apart of the family for barely a day, and you still have a lot to learn about me."

"Mmm, good to know." She answered. "Hey, down there. I think I see him."

I peered downward and saw Jake resting in a tree, almost completely concealed in its leaves.

"Hover here, Zekrom." I said.

"Mind if I try something?" Pan asked.

"What?"

"I wanna jump from here and stomp him to the ground." She began. "If I'm quick I can grab hold of a branch afterward. He should be a bit dazed from that, and then we could kill him."

I nodded. "Go for it."

Pan released my jacket and got into an almost feline-like perch position. She took a deep breath, jumped down, swung from a branch and kicked Jake in the back of his head. She laughed as he fell to the ground. Zekrom dissipated back into my hand, allowing me to land on a branch next to her.

"That was a lot different from what you said you'd do." I chuckled. "Nice work, there."

"Heh, heh, thank you." Pan blushed. "I was weird. When I jumped all I could see was the branch I swung from and my target."

"Well, I've read that Palkia is especially skilled at focusing, because of the ability to distort space in order to see key points." I explained.

"Really?" Pan exclaimed. "That is super cool."

"Hey, look, he's getting up." I pointed. We jumped down and landed on both sides of him.

"Way to catch me by surprize..." He groaned.

"Save it!" Pn yelled and stomped on his back. "You don't deserve to talk!"

Anger was rushing through Jake the more she spoke. Suddenly, in spite of Pan stepping on him, he leap from the ground and let out a long, ear piercing caw sending us both flying on our backs. Jake staggered a bit and place a hand on the back of his neck.

"So, foolish, both of you..." He said in a low tone. "I suggest you keep your eyes on the sky, 'cause it's not just me you'll need to defend yourselves from."

As if on cue, the sky was swarmed with Murkrow, preventing even the smallest amount of light from passing through their wings.

"Ugh, dammit! I can't see a thing!" Pan yelled.

"Don't move, Pan!" I looked in her direction, still able to see her despite the darkness.

Jake fell to the ground and was swarmed by the Murkrow. Thousands of the engulfed his body and formed a sphere to lift him into the air. I got to my feet and charged towards them. As much as I'd like to, I can't be reckless and drag this out. It has to end soon...

"Back OFF!" Jake screamed, knocking me down once more. In the dark I could see him shove his minions off him and transform. They made an opening in the sky for his to escape while they followed. In a second the sky was clear again. Pan ran to my side.

"You okay?" She asked, helping me up.

"I'm fine, but he's not." I smirked. "As far as I can tell, Jake isn't suppose to be transforming so much. He wasn't telling me to back off, he was talking to the Murkrow trying to help him."

"That's great, but they were too quick for us." Pan stomped her foot like a child. "Ugh! That bastard just pisses me off! Where did all those Murkrow come from anyway?"

"You know what's always been said, a single Honchkrow can summon large amounts of Murkrow with a single cry." I said.

"But if he called them, why wouldn't he accept their help?" She questioned.

"It's pure instinct, Pan. If Jake says 'fly', they say 'how high'. All of those cries were to get us to stay back, but the Murkrow couldn't possibly know that.  There's nothing we can do about that but keep his mouth shut..."

"Whatever. we should follow him on foot, or those Murkrow are gonna keep spawning us. I mean, you could probably zap them out of the air but theres something about littering the ground with paralyzed bodies." Pan said. "That is if you don't kill them all. Then, they'd just disappear, right?"

"Ugh, quit acting like you didn't just see someone die." I said icily, walking in the direction I saw the cloud of birds go. "Come on, don't lag behind."

----

The Murkrow gently eased Jake on top of an extremely tall tree and dispersed into the forest below. One stayed behind to look after him. Jake lifted his head and stared at the straggler.

"What are you looking at?" He groaned. "Go away."

The Murkrow cocked its head and held out one of its wings. It was clutching a small Sitrus berry. "What did I tell you? Go away!" It stayed there, staring. Jake reluctantly took the berry and popped it into his mouth. "There, I took your little gift, so can you go now?"

The bird cawed and flew away, puzzling Jake. "Mindless idiots. Dropping me onto a tree like this. What do they expect me to do up here." He said to himself. "Knowing them, they probably paved a pathway for those two to follow me. So much for being sneaky. Now if only I could get to Jason... He'd be easy pickings..." Jake spread out his arms and transformed. He winced from a sudden pain in his chest and tried to shake  it off. HE was about to take when another Murkrow perched itself on his head. "Ugh, what now!" Jake yelled.

The Murkrow sighed. "You know, even a dummy like you should realize when someone is trying to help you." It began. "The ones who attacked you aren't going to fly here, so why don't you rest a bit?"

"Oh no, not you..." Jake whined "Could you leave me alone for once, Karen?"

"No! You're hurt and you know it!" Karen pecked him. "Maybe you'd feel better if you stayed in this form for a bit. Please, how often do I ever ask you to do anything? Plus this is for your own benefit."

Jake sighed. "As much as I hate to admit it, you're not as much of a bother these days... Okay, fine, I'll stay here until they get close." Jake lowered his head and closed his eyes. "Don't even think about trying to make a move on me while I sleep. I literally just killed my baby sister, don't make me do the same to you..."

"Oh ho ho, Jakey please!" Karen cackled. "I could do whatever I wanted with you, and you wouldn't do anything about it,, so don't kid yourself!"

Jakey was all he heard. "Don't call me that." Jake said. "It uh, brings back bad memories..."


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
44 Reviews


Points: 115
Reviews: 44

Donate
Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:21 am
SkyeWalker wrote a review...



Hey! Zhia here for a review!

Ok, first of all, you use really good imagery and word choice. I haven't read the previous chapters, but I can tell that you have a pretty good plot going. From what I have read, you also have some good characters too. Good job with that! :D

Next, nitpicks. I am still sorta new and don't exactly know the codes, so I can't do the special quote thing. But I can still quote!

"Forteen. Four years older than me.

Fourteen is spelled with a u.

"People who aren't apart of my family..."

A part. Apart is a whole different thing. (Ugh, I hate nitpicking. It makes me feel like my mom. It makes me feel old. XP)

"Thousands of the engulfed his body and..."

I believe it's them. :)

That's it! I like your story so far, even though I know only a little about Pokemon. Thanks for a good read!

Signing out,

Zhia




dark says...


Nitpicking is fun isn't it? :twisted:



Zhia says...


Yes. When it doesn't make me feel like my Mom. XD

I said good three times in the second paragraph. Why, Zhia why?! You have a better vocabulary than that!



User avatar
158 Reviews


Points: 3874
Reviews: 158

Donate
Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:54 am
View Likes
Corncob says...



Where's the Pokemon?




dark says...


Ugh, if I just throw a random Pokemon left and right, there won't be any room for the story. I mean if you want me put "A WILD SOMETHING" appeared, I might as well be shoving a Pokemon game in everyone's face and taking names. On top of that, I have every Pokemon from Generations I to VI in my mind, while most people only now the original 151. Therefore, I'll be writing about Pokemon that no one knows anything about and then get even more questions about that... Patiences that's all one needs. This series isn't going to end anytime soon, and by the time it does, there will be enough Pokemon to go around...

My bad, that's a bit rude, but I have other things on m mind at the moment. Sorry, I hope you understand.



Corncob says...


Okay, but I'm just going to say the title was massively misleading. I suggest adding an author's note that says what you just says, or something of the variety, because the reason I clicked on this was because of the title.



dark says...


Sorry, friend...



Corncob says...


No problem, friend



User avatar
558 Reviews


Points: 1219
Reviews: 558

Donate
Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:23 pm
View Likes
erilea says...



Loved it! Except I don't see the Pokemon in here. Where is it??? Anyway, fav part coming up:

As if on cue, the sky was swarmed with Murkrow, preventing even the smallest amount of light from passing through their wings.
Reminds of Styphalian birds in Greece. Keep writing!




User avatar
1334 Reviews


Points: 25864
Reviews: 1334

Donate
Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:33 am
View Likes
Hannah wrote a review...



Hiii, Dark!

"Heh heh, I never thought I'd enjoy hearing that." Jason chuckled. "Oh, Ryan what have you done to me?"


What is this supposed to mean? Did Jason start changing so that now he takes pleasure in getting revenge on people? Did he not feel that way before? I remember he used to be weak and small, but I don't remember him ever being like "no revenge is bad", so it's odd for him to be feeling like he's changed because of Ryan.

"Did you get all that, or am I going to have to say it again?"

"No need. I understand. I'm sorry for judging you so quickly."


Haha, I'm wondering if Pan would think of this question to ask: is Ryan not sad when his family is sad? Like he would be sad if they were gone and he couldn't protect them, but does that only mean protecting their body and he doesn't care about protecting them from sadness? Maybe that's only a thought we have in our reality and in Ryan's reality they don't fear sadness so much?

All of those cries were to get us to stay back, but the Murkrow couldn't possibly know that. There's nothing we can do about that but keep his mouth shut..."


Yep, I definitely got confused with what was happening during this section. Earlier you said Jake was telling the Murkrow to get back, but now you say it was to Ryan and Pan, and then I don't even really understand what happened to them. Did they disappear into the sky? Did they take Jake with them? Maybe making the sequence of action clearer would help readers follow this section!

Oh, and hey! A new character! I'm interested in her, but I also wonder why she was not surprised at all when Jake said he killed his sister, like the only thing Karen cares about is getting with Jake. o_o Haha, I also wonder what the surrounding area looks like. There seems to be lots of trees. Are they still in town? Out of town? Could you share brief sentences that tell the reader where they've gone to? :)

Looking forward to the next chapter.

~ Hannah




dark says...


Sorry about all of the confusion. To be honest, I was confused myself, which is why I'm taking a short break. I'll be sure to do better with answering questions. Thanks for reading. :twisted:



User avatar
213 Reviews


Points: 150
Reviews: 213

Donate
Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:37 pm
dark says...



Sorry abou this chapter, I kept forgetting what happened over and over again... Mixed emotions for everyone... :confused:





Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold