Pokemon Ultimate Evolution Season 2: Episode 12, Out of touch

by dark

Cristina, Jill, Gavin, and I left explore Fearahu, not bothering to wonder where Jason had gone. We visited parks, large corporations, and even had dinner at a fine restaurant where we could battle other people. I was doing everything and anything I could to ease Cristina's mind and keep her relaxed. The sun was beginning to set as it was a very short day-- less than 10 hours long-- we were on our way towards home, riding on Gavin's gigantic back. Jillian was resting on Cristina's head.

"So, is there anything else you want to do before we go home?" I asked.

"Can we find some more people to battle?" Cristina replied with a glowing expression.

"Wow, you and Jill completely dominate all other competition and you still need more? You're more rowdy after a battle than Jason." I laughed.

"What? I am pumped, Ryan! Hey, why don't we battle each other huh? You can battle with Gavin, and I could battle with Jill like back in the restaurant!" She exclaimed. "It will be amazing! You think it's a good idea, right Jill?"

"Oh yeah! I would love to fight you two!" Jill beamed.

"Well Gavin and I would destroy you both, and I'm not just being cocky." I explained. "Also, knowing you, if Gavin and Jill manage to defeat each other you would go for an extended round and try fighting me yourself. I'm not exactly known for holding back; I don't know how to. I could kill you."

Cristina shook her head. "Trust me I know. I've seen what you can do. I wouldn't go that far." Besides, I already creamed that macho guy who thought he was all that at the restaurant. One battle that doesn't involve captured Pokemon is enough for me."

"For the record, Cristina. I think you could totally take Ryan down. Yeah, yeah, you totally could." Gavin hissed happily.

"Oh be quiet, Gavin." I laughed.

Gavin stopped in his tracks, sniffing the air.

"Gavy, what's up?" Jill asked.

"Mmm, I smell cake!" Gavin exclaimed. "Not just that either. I smell cake with a hint of aggressive flames."

"Jason. That's how I would describe him too." I said. "Gavin, Jill, get some rest, I'll let you out when we get home."

Cristina and I hopped off of Gavin's back and returned Jill and Gavin to their Krystal Balls. Cristina handed Jill's too me so I could minimize it and clip it on my belt next to Gavin's. I followed the scent to where it was the strongest. We ended up by a bakery with its shudders down.

"I don't think he's here, but we definitely was. Let's go home, and meet him there." I sighed.

"Aw, I wanted to talk to him about something..." Cristina pouted.

"What did you want to know?" I asked.

"Uh, it's... Private. But I promise to come to you if I need anything else..."

"Gotcha!" I exclaimed, giving her a thumbs up. "He shouldn't be long. When it comes to the time of day, Jason and I are opposites. He favors the lights, while I love the darkness. He won't stay out past sunset."

"Is he afraid of the dark?" Cristina asked.

"Nah, it's just that Reshiram loses energy after sundown, and Jason wouldn't want to be vulnerable."

"Ah, okay." Cristina nodded.

-----

Jason was slumped against the door of Flannery's apartment, on the verge of sleep. He held the glass case in his arms tightly as if his life depended on it. No longer able to stay awake, Jason let his head droop and he was soon sound asleep.

About an hour later, Flannery returned to her apartment. At the sight of Jason she smiled.

"Aw, Jay-Jay.." She sighed. She bent over and rubbed the back of her hand on his cheek, making her weak to her knees. She slid the cake out of his arms, unlocked the door to her apartment, and carried him inside where she tucked him into her bed. She went back to grab the cake, and shut the door behind her. Yawning, she too a quick bath to decompress, and changed into her red lace nightie. She brushed her now glowing, short curled auburn locks and climbed into her bed with Jason. "Thanks for the cake Jay-Jay." She whispered in his ear in her sweetest voice possible, and brushed her lips against his.

----

Cristina was especially worried. I stayed up all night playing with Giratina while she just waited, even when Giratina nuzzled her to play.

"I swear, you're and such a child. I guess I should thank you, because if you weren't I'd be no fun!" I laughed. "Giri let her be, would ya?"

He nodded and phased into the shadows where he kept his nests.

"I hate having to be worried all the time; I just can't help it." Cristina sighed. "I can tell Jason isn't weak, but I have no way of telling how strong he is either. What if he's in danger?"

"Cristina, please don't worry." I said, patting her shoulders. "You've always been asleep when he's out, so you don't know. Jason likes to go places without telling anyone. He's probably just with some friends. Trust me, no one is going to hurt him."

"How do you know, Ryan?" She yelled.

"Cristina, listen to me. I can't explain it yet, but my senses are honed enough to tell when something is going to happen to Jason. I've only had to be worried a few times when it came to that." I spoke calmly to keep her serene. "Jason has less control over his powers than I do. Why do you think he never uses them?"

"To make sure he doesn't hurt himself?" She asked with wide eyes.

"Yes, but recently a new, more important reason has come into his life. You. If he were to lose control of himself, it would mean danger for you."

"You're worried about him? I've seen you lose control, Ryan. I should be worried about you killing me, but I'm not, because It just so happens that I trust my brothers." She violently shook her head. "Ugh, I need to go out for a while."

"Whatever you need, cher." I murmured as she stormed out the door.

----

Jason's eyes popped open at the shutting of Flannery's laptop lid. She turned and smiled at him.

"Hey, Jay-Jay!" She exclaimed passionately. "You're finally awake."

He returned her smile with just as much passion. "How could I stay asleep with you next to me, sweetheat. I'd have to be dumb or blind."

Flannery shivered with pleasure. "Ooo, I love when you call me that." She leaned down and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Anything for one of those." He cooed.

Jason sat up, stretch and looked towards a window to see how dark it was.

"Oh no, it's dark already. I have to get home--"

"I have an idea!" Flannery exclaimed. "Why don't you stay here with me?"

"Sweet-heat, we only just met a few days ago. Don't you think that's moving a little too quickly?" Jason asked. "Ryan always says to never let anybody take your possessions too before you want them to, if you know what I mean."

"Jason, that's not what I meant! This has nothing to do with sex!" Flannery's face turned bright red. "Why have you been acting so strange lately? Normally you wouldn't pass up a chance to sleep in the same bed with me."

"Ugh, I'm sorry. I just don't want to drag you into my worries." Jason climbed out of the bed and walked over to the window to view Fearahu's beautiful sight in the night.

"Wanna, talk about it?" Flannery asked, slowly putting her arms around him and pulling him close to her chest. "I promise, it won't have any negative impact on me. Well considering my situation, nothing I hear now can be worse than what my parents did to me." Flannery was cast away from her home because her parents disapproved of her being so friendly to everybody, because they thought she was just going hold them back from success.

"I do have a choice?" Jason scoffed.

Flannery brushed her lips against Jason's neck and whispered, "Only if it's okay with you, honey."

Jason shivered. "This is coercion you know that?"

"No it's not." Flannery squawked. "And even if it was, there are no laws on this world silly Reshiram. You spend too much time reading about Earth."

"Fine, if you're so curious." He sighed. "I've been feeling lost for a while. Remember how I told you that my relatives and I share some kind of abstract bond?"

"Yeah, I remember." Flannery replied.

"Well, it's just that. I don't feel bonded to them anymore. I don't have dreams about my long lost family, and I don't feel close to my sister at all. Ryan and Cristina could have already discovered a new member of our family, I would be the only one of us who wouldn't know it happened."

Flannery tightened her grip on him while he listened to her core beat. "That's nothing to be worried about, honey. We all feel a little out of touch sometimes. I'm sure this isn't permanent, so all you have to do is wait it out."

"Yeah, I guess you're right, but I can't help but be worried." Jason sighed, releasing himself from her hold. "I'm gonna go home. See you tomorrow."

Flannery nodded and mouthed a kiss at him. "Kay. Love you, boo." She she sang as he the door closed behind him.

Jason quickly ran down the stairs and through the lobby. Paying no mind to the people still traveling on the sidewalks and roads, he ran past the bakery and towards our house. He continued to run and swiftly turned a corner, stopping himself before he could crash into Cristina who clearly had anger in her eyes.

"Where have you been?" She asked angrily. "I'm not used to you being gone for so long. You should've known that."

"Sorry, sis." Jason chuckled. "I wasn't exactly thinking about that."

Cristina eyed him with a her red eyed glare "You haven't answered me, Jason. Where were you?"

"I was with my girlfriend, Flannery, if it's so important that you know." He said. "I was getting a cake for her, but I she wasn't home when I got to her apartment, so I waited there. I fell asleep and when I woke up, she already had me in her bed. And before you take that the wrong way, I was only sleeping."

Cristina rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips. "I could care less about what you and your girl do when you're in the same bed together."

"Good. I'm glad we're on the same page about that." Jason smiled as he put his arm around her shoulders. "Let's go home. I hate being out at night and I'm pretty sure you don't know your way around."

Cristina calmed down a bit. Jason could actually feel her skin cooling down. "You're right. I don't know my way around. By the way, there's something I need to talk to you about..."

Hmmm. I would have loved to see some of the scene when they're in the restaurant battling other people together. We always see their big battles with real opponents. I wonder what they would say and how they would act when battling with other people. I think it would also help to ground this story in a larger setting, because up to this point we've kind of always seen just what's immediately around the main characters, when there are so many other people in the community we don't get to see! I'd like to see more of that if you ever come back to edit this up!

And here you are with another of your famous cliffhangers, right after revealing some really important information. It is pretty odd, now that I think about it, that Ryan and Cristina share the same dreams, but not Jason, so I'm definitely interested to find out what this trouble with his bond with them is.

But of course I'm also eager to find out what Christina's going to talk to him about. I wonder if there's anyway you could give the readers a hint about what she's worried about. Is it Pan? If it's Pan, than we probably know, but if it's something else, it would be cool if we could figure out what's bothering her even before she tells Jason. Readers like to feel involved and engaged in figuring out relationships and problems, too, so that would be fun!~

On to the next and last chapter so far (right?!)

Fade wrote a review...

Hiya!
First off, I gotta do some nitpicking!
In "and I left explore Fearahu", you need to add "to" in between left and explore.

Also, I think you should make it clear that Gavin and Jill are Pokemon way earlier in the story.
Another thing is that in line "Cristina handed Jill's too me so I could minimize it and clip it on my belt next to Gavin's", you have one to many "O's" in the word "too"! also, add a comma after belt!

When they arrive at the bakery, I think you meant that the SHUTTERS were down, not shudders.

This line: "Thanks for the cake Jay-Jay", needs a comma in between cake and Jay-Jay.

"I swear, you're and such a child. I guess I should thank you, because if you weren't I'd be no fun!" I laughed. "Giri let her be, would ya?" He nodded and phased into the shadows where he kept his nests."

So many errors! first, you meant 'your', 'and' should not be there, comma is needed after 'weren't' and i don't understand the meaning of the word phased in that sentence!

"You're worried about him? I've seen you lose control, Ryan. I should be worried about you killing me, but I'm not, because It just so happens that I trust my brothers."
No capitalization for 'It' is needed!

"Wanna, talk about it?" no comma needed. "Well considering my situation," That DOES need a comma, right after well.

"This is coercion you know that?" this needs a comma after coercion.

Sorry if I was a bit harsh, i'm VERY tired and am hastily trying to win the Review Day challenge!

Wed May 07, 2014 12:24 am
dark says...

I did some thorough proofreading this time! ^_^ Gotta wonder what Cristia wants from Jason. AND WHEN WILL PAN FIND HER WAY TO RYAN'S HOUSE??

Facebook is that cockroach that you just can't kill
— Gravity